You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GreyFox78659

Second volley of shots fired by Gaijin explains Carrier revamp.

102 comments in this topic

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

Gaijin is public testing light cruisers in War Thunder. Up until this announcement it looked like DDs were going to be the largest ships for a while. It also means Heavy Cruisers are likely now.

This would explain why WoWS is changing carrier planes to more of a direct control to basically stop the bleeding before the launch of naval warfare. Gaijin has been taking pot shots at WoWS stating Battleships weren’t going to be player controled do to balancing issues. Also explains Asashio being forced into the meta to cut down on BB usage. 

With the last April Fools being well received Subs being added to WT is also likely. So expect some interesting things in WoWS future to combat this development.

Edited by GreyFox78659
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,646 battles

I'm pretty sure this isn't the reason for any of WG's actions.

• Cool 7

[SFOR]
Members
973 posts
6,958 battles
3 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Gaijin is public testing light cruisers in War Thunder. Up until this announcement it looked like DDs were going to be the largest ships for a while. It also means Heavy Cruisers are likely now.

This would explain why WoWS is changing carrier planes to more of a direct control to basically stop the bleeding before the launch of naval warfare. Gaijin has been taking pot shots at WoWS stating Battleships weren’t going to be player controled do to balancing issues. Also explains Asashio being forced into the meta to cut down on BB usage.

Illuminati confirmed. lol

• Funny 3

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Really I mean this years WT April Fools was clearly a jab at WoWS previous April Fools and a show off of how subs will work.

• Boring 2

Members
4,381 posts
7,093 battles
Just now, GreyFox78659 said:

Really I mean this years WT April Fools was clearly a jab at WoWS previous April Fools and a show off of how subs will work.

Don't see that at all and the reason for the CV rework is that it has been in the works for 2 years and will hopefully fix the huge skill difference in CVs.  With the CV revamp it is likely more will play CVs which is good and healthy for WoWs.  You are reading into things massively just because it is what you want.  If WoWs added subs - game play would have to be revamped across the board.  Hence the reason they won't be coming to WoWs.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,379 posts
10,928 battles
7 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Yeah, the tin foil is strong in this one.

4 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

That showed how modern subs with modern wire guided torpedoes work. 

1 minute ago, CylonRed said:

Don't see that at all and the reason for the CV rework is that it has been in the works for 2 years and will hopefully fix the huge skill difference in CVs.  With the CV revamp it is likely more will play CVs which is good and healthy for WoWs.  You are reading into things massively just because it is what you want.  If WoWs added subs - game play would have to be revamped across the board.  Hence the reason they won't be coming to WoWs.

This, the people that like and play this game are generally not going to like Gaijin's game and vice versa. Being first out the gate is huge in this genera which WoWP showed although WG's lack of direction with it didn't help even though it was a much better arcade flying game.

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

WoWs and WT NW are fundamentally different and not comparable.

Members
832 posts
10,704 battles

I think your reading way to much into it.  CVs have had issues since 2015.  This Russian summit is WG basically announcing to the community it’s ultimatum (otherwise they would have never mentioned refunds to CVs, yikes).  

Gaijin coming out with Navel Force is just business.  No more, no less.  

However, and this is a BIG however, what the community doesn’t seem to get (and I don’t think they care, the Dumbassses) is even after Gaijin has explained to them - before the Destroyers were introduced - that with Crusiers and up, the AA will be such a massive jump, you’ll never be able to make it in that bubble, drop your load and somehow come out alive for another round!!!  Only one, count’em ONE, Youtuber brought this up and it was the TheEuropeanCanadian.  So sad.

That is just a fraction of the multiple issues with introducing CCs.  How about the fact that poor WG had to work hard in coming up with a system (the Rock Paper Sissors) that won’t make one line OP over the other.  It’s something I truly believe Gaijin hasn’t thought far ahead.  Or how about introducing player driven CVs?

So yeah, they should have stuck to their guns and worked with what they had up to DDs instead of listening to all the [edited] from the community.  Seriously, stick...to...your...guns!!!

• Cool 1

[SOSL]
Members
147 posts
6,430 battles

1) New Battletech turn-based game was just released.

2) Mechs are kind of like walking battleships.

3) There are lots of mechs in anime.

4) WG's collaboration with Azure Lane is an obvious desperation play to avoid its playerbase bleeding away to the new Battletech.

Do I win a prize? :cap_book:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

Beta Testers
1,068 posts
6,302 battles
1 hour ago, GreyFox78659 said:

With the last April Fools being well received Subs being added to WT is also likely. So expect some interesting things in WoWS future to combat this development.

WT subs was terrible. Lol

• Cool 1

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
725 posts
10,758 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Those are some giant chasms in logic to reach conclusions like that.

You sure?  I was thinking you'd be able to fit entire galaxies in between the gaps...:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[YORHA]
Members
4,047 posts
7,023 battles
42 minutes ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

WT subs was terrible. Lol

Yup.

And Op is skating dangerously close to becoming a shill for Gaijin.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
3 hours ago, GreyFox78659 said:

As someone who is a tester of Gaijoob's naval forces, I can tell you with utmost certainty, that WG has literally nothing to worry about.

Gaijoob's naval forces is a mess right now. They dont have a solid foundation AT ALL. The shooting mechanics are still broken as heck (seriously, they cant even seem to get that right) And not adding BBs is actually going to kill that game mode, not help it, unlike what you may think.

People dont play naval games to play as ptboat number 147. They play naval games to play the Bismarck, or the Yamato, or the Iowa, ect ect. People want to play as famous ships, not some random plywood bathtub toy that may or may not have had a possible shoot out with some random farmer in a river delta in some third world country.

Gaijoob's naval forces are a broken, unbalanced, mess, and its been shown the gaijoob doesn't give a single shite about that game mode or its players.

• Cool 4

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles
19 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Totally agreed. I beta tested the War Thunder naval action. It's incoherent. WOWs is 100x better. 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,498 posts
4,402 battles

Isn't Warthunder more of a simulator than an arcade shooter? I never played WT, so I don't know how that game works, but I often heard that people shouldn't compare apples and oranges in regards to the relation between the two games.

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 3

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
19 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Isn't Warthunder more of a simulator than an arcade shooter? I never played WT, so I don't know how that game works, but I often heard that people shouldn't compare apples and oranges in regards to the relation between the two games.

Yes pretty much, which is why originally they where only going to have upto DD's in the game. Any bigger and the balancing issues become enormous. Not helped by WT's loving to throw together combined arms battles meaning ships have to coexists alongside tanks and aircraft.

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,603 posts
2,491 battles
2 minutes ago, Carl said:

Yes pretty much, which is why originally they where only going to have upto DD's in the game. Any bigger and the balancing issues become enormous. Not helped by WT's loving to throw together combined arms battles meaning ships have to coexists alongside tanks and aircraft.

Thats where i do believe a good majority of the balance issue is going to come in.  The combined arms battles, there'd be a lot of issues once the ships are in.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,605 battles
3 hours ago, Formerly_Wu said:

1) New Battletech turn-based game was just released.

2) Mechs are kind of like walking battleships.

3) There are lots of mechs in anime.

4) WG's collaboration with Azure Lane is an obvious desperation play to avoid its playerbase bleeding away to the new Battletech.

Do I win a prize? :cap_book:

BT is working like a swiss car for me at present. Missions bugged to where they won't progress after loading in 75% of the way through from last night. Then outright not able to load a save at all, or click the continue button, etc etc.

Going to try a fresh install on that and hope it doesn't happen again since that was 30 hours of gameplay down the crapper.

[5BS]
Members
6,745 posts
4 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

You'd be surprised. Right now, both Gaijin and WGing get away with can only be described as LUDICROUS prices due to lack of competition, even between them (WoT players and WT players are not the same kind typically, WoT's being the twitch shooter to WT's more methodical (CoD vs. ARMA)) and the ONLY reason they can get away with charging $45 for a piece of DLC that is a single ship, is that there isn't enough competitions to drive that price down. And they know it. It's why the scariest thing that can happen to both WT and WoWs would be a western Dev produced Tank/Ship game as that would TOTALLY buy them out of the market.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,922 posts
2,810 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

No.  Total arcade, chase camera nonsense just like WoWP.  I understand there is a "realistic" arena, that is mostly empty.  Try Aces High if you want an MMO simulator.  Very different game though.

19 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

BT is working like a swiss car for me at present. Missions bugged to where they won't progress after loading in 75% of the way through from last night. Then outright not able to load a save at all, or click the continue button, etc etc.

Going to try a fresh install on that and hope it doesn't happen again since that was 30 hours of gameplay down the crapper.

I had to redo the third mission because it crashed going through the results screen.  I installed the new nvidia drivers and haven't had any issue since.

Edited by Helstrem

Members
22,418 posts
5,787 battles
3 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Isn't Warthunder more of a simulator than an arcade shooter? 

WT Arcade Mode is comparable to WG's games.

The problem is, where WG set out to build an arcadish game from scratch, WT started with a sim, and adapted it to arcadish.