You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capn_Vortex

"misconduct" penalties given for game glitch - wth?

8 comments in this topic

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
3 posts
7,677 battles

When I first began playing a couple years ago, my connection would drop out when entering battle about 5% of the time

Recently  the game connection also drops out ~ 55%-90% of the time when I enter Battle. 

It usually takes about 5-8 minutes to re-connect after multiple connect-button  attempts, usually by reloading the game.

As often as not, I have been 'sunk' by the time I finally enter battle, thereby losing camouflage, signal flags, credits, and consumables.

Today, I was assessed a "team kill" penalty, because apparently, I also was given a "misconduct" penalty for "not playing".

I do not know that there is anything that I can do at my end to improve the game connection, which only drops out when battle starts.

Any advice?

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

From what I've seen, if you receive a penalty from a disconnection, the penalty is immediately rescinded when you log back in.  You should see it as a one of the notifications in the lower right of the screen when you first arrive in port.

In the meantime, I'd recommend a complete uninstall and reinstall.

Members
4,381 posts
7,093 battles

I would be running diagnostics on ram and hard drive as well as the game file integrity process as well.  I would then be checking the router to the server several times per day.  Check the Event Viewer when it crashes to see if there is information there.  Getting dropped that much is not right and far more likely to be localized issue and not purely WG.  The vast, vast majority of the players are not getting dropped that often.

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
3 posts
7,677 battles

Thanks for the feedback,

The penalty notification only showed up after the latest software update and new policy, but I did not see it "go away" when I logged back on.

Yes, it was a "warning" - 3 games pink as team kill.  I hope I do not need to see orange.  I still think that is not fair, since it is not something I can control.

Yes, I have re-installed the game.  I do suspect my ISP service provider, but cannot pin down why the game only drops connection when entering battle. 
I have installed more RAM, and do perform hard drive diagnostics.

Thanks

[ICBM]
Members
544 posts
11,187 battles
2 hours ago, Capn_Vortex said:

Thanks for the feedback,

The penalty notification only showed up after the latest software update and new policy, but I did not see it "go away" when I logged back on.

Yes, it was a "warning" - 3 games pink as team kill.  I hope I do not need to see orange.  I still think that is not fair, since it is not something I can control.

Yes, I have re-installed the game.  I do suspect my ISP service provider, but cannot pin down why the game only drops connection when entering battle. 

Thanks

I had the same thing happen yesterday. 3 times in a row I went into a Scenario with a division and each time it froze at the player list before starting map. Didn't expect a 3 game killer penalty for non-sportsman play. Should have taken screenshots, but didn't expect a penalty as well as the loss of consumables.

[JASH]
Members
3,688 posts
10,082 battles
3 hours ago, Capn_Vortex said:

Thanks for the feedback,

Thanks

Are you running an all wired connection or with WiFi? (Don't use WiFi)

Are you sure you cable from the router to the drop at the pole on the street outside are in good condition?

I had a problem last year that required a new cable in from the street - had an old cable with a coupler splice in the basement/crawl space.  Couplers are bad, particularly in damp places--they tarnish or corrode making a bad connection.  Since I got a new single clean, unbroken cable from point A to B (my router) no more problems at all.