Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wyngs_2015

Akizuki Guns

16 comments in this topic

Members
1,082 posts
3,570 battles

So, I recently got the Akizuki. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I have a 13 point Captain and am working on getting IFHE. Im hoping that it will transform this DD into something better. My question is, will it? Otherwise, the guns combined with the horrid turning is starting to put me off a bit. Thoughts?

[SYN]
Members
15,290 posts
11,987 battles

You get IFHE first, then CE

• Cool 3

Banned
292 posts

It isn't really the Akizuki until you have IFHE... until then you shatter on EVERYTHING... different ship with IFHE, ppl even say to get IFHE before CE....

No ship in the game NEEDS IFHE to really function properly as much Akizuki as far as I hear.

Edited by TheLastReaper
  • Cool 2

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
864 posts
13,315 battles
4 minutes ago, Wyngs_2015 said:

So, I recently got the Akizuki. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I have a 13 point Captain and am working on getting IFHE. Im hoping that it will transform this DD into something better. My question is, will it? Otherwise, the guns combined with the horrid turning is starting to put me off a bit. Thoughts?

It does get better with IFHE, imo. But I still find the ship difficult to consistently do well with. Terrible turning rate and lack of speed make any mistake with positioning potentially fatal.

Respects,

Am

Banned
292 posts
Just now, KingCakeBaby said:

I believe jingles just did a video about this.

He did. He seems to have predicted very well that the new IJN DDs will bring many new Akizuki players in with the exact problems of the OP...

Members
1,082 posts
3,570 battles

Cool, I will look it up then. I had followed the normal steps when building a DD Skipper, already have CE. So, I dont want to spend gold to re-spec. But man, grinding those last 4 points isnt pleasant in this bote

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles
25 minutes ago, Wyngs_2015 said:

Cool, I will look it up then. I had followed the normal steps when building a DD Skipper, already have CE. So, I dont want to spend gold to re-spec. But man, grinding those last 4 points isnt pleasant in this bote

If you have a IJN Premium, use it to training you Akiziki cpt up to 14 pts. Or If you have a 19 pts cpt, use to get elite XP and up you cpt. Best way. 

Akizuki isnt Akizuki until you have that 14 pts, than its a great ship. 

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,899 battles
51 minutes ago, Wyngs_2015 said:

You need IFHE period. It goes from mediocre to beast mode. Also try diving with a Lot Yang or Z23 and own caps.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,591 posts
12,334 battles

Yes get IFHE

The Akizuki works like this,

You look at a BB and its on fire, look at another, its on fire,

I had a Schors go broadside at 6 km, ap was loaded 1 salvo 8 shells, 8 citadels, no more Schors

Do not discount the Akizuki till you have a captain worthy of it

[LOS]
Members
634 posts
9,471 battles

IFHE makes all the difference!!!  Shot placement can be hard, but if you have Harekaze run her with the B Hull (Same guns as Aki).  You'll get plenty of practice using these wonderful rifles and you'll be landing a higher percentage of your shots in no time.  I've had a B Hull Harekaze for some time and Aki was no difference at all..EXCEPT 33% MORE RIFLES!  Have fun.  She is a blast, especially with Yamamoto as your Cpt.  The trace is a beautiful harbinger of doom as you obliterate DD's in Cap!

[TMS]
Members
2,375 posts
24,497 battles

IFHE all the way.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Final8ty

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

Not seen a ship so dependent on a single skill as the Aki is on IFHE. It murders in a knife fight (kiting away), but be careful she is slow as [edited], long and turns like [edited] (for a DD). In ranked I play her as a support DD and works very well. Overall excellent ship, smoke, torp reload, great guns, etc...

Sign in to follow this