You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

The game is unplayable now... 200% XP kills the weekend!

18 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,399 posts
10,935 battles

While he is not directly saying it he is complaining about all the weekend potatoes. I have come to the conclusion that it isn't the weekend potatoes it is the weekend unicums that make the weekend so touch & go.

• Cool 2

Members
22,452 posts
5,792 battles
14 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

200% XP kills the weekend! I found AFK in my team in each game!

What does +200% XP have to do with AFKs?

Are people really AFKing more with the bonus? What, are they looking to get 300 XP instead of 100 XP for their first win?

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
112 posts
7,440 battles

I think there is a problem with servers, recently I was disconnected with the server and now I cannot log in because there is a server problem.

[RKLES]
Members
8,930 posts
10,828 battles
16 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Sorry that I have premium at the moment from Ranked.

Do you have any tier recommendation now?

Tier 6 and 7 has been pleasant today, might be partially due to Ranked sucking a lot of tier 8s out of Random MM. but the teams have been active and for most part rather pleasant. They also have been coordinating efforts and assisting team mates. Now did attatempt a game in Missouri and that was disasterous today.

The Killer Whale Operation has also been fun today and teams have been smart enough there as well.

[RKLES]
Members
8,930 posts
10,828 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

What does +200% XP have to do with AFKs?

Are people really AFKing more with the bonus? What, are they looking to get 300 XP instead of 100 XP for their first win?

I doubt anyone would really want to intentionally be AFK with 200% bonus, since the rewards for playing the battle are so high.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I doubt anyone would really want to intentionally be AFK with 200% bonus, since the rewards for playing the battle are so high.

We're talking about the same person who is complaining about Steam bundles and wants refund....:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
4,723 posts
7,872 battles

Well Nixon you could always resign but we need players. I don't think for 1 minute that the "Silent Majority" here wants you to resign nor thinks you are a crook. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_honoring:

• Funny 2

[F-N-S]
Members
522 posts
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

some one may just want to use 200% to rip containers.

He may be playing more interesting ships but AFK in bad ships. 

[RKLES]
Members
8,930 posts
10,828 battles
Just now, USSRichardNixon said:

some one may just want to use 200% to rip containers.

He may be playing more interesting ships but AFK in bad ships. 

+200% is such a great  XP multiplier that even if you went on kamize run with guns wildly firing you still would do better than AFK, and you can just imagine the XP totals if you actually play well.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,369 posts
6,766 battles
20 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

+200% is such a great  XP multiplier that even if you went on kamize run with guns wildly firing you still would do better than AFK, and you can just imagine the XP totals if you actually play well.

Throw a permacamo and bonus premium time in on top of that, and the totals I'm seeing in my play when all goes well are beyond anything I have experienced before.

35 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Tier 6 and 7 has been pleasant today, might be partially due to Ranked sucking a lot of tier 8s out of Random MM. but the teams have been active and for most part rather pleasant. They also have been coordinating efforts and assisting team mates. Now did attatempt a game in Missouri and that was disasterous today.

The Killer Whale Operation has also been fun today and teams have been smart enough there as well.

The potential downside, as I see it, is the rest of the Tier 8's getting thrown to the wolves in 9 and 10. Which is an issue if I'm thinking of grinding my Edinburgh hard in Randoms after I get a few Ranked battles under my belt. (I am not even trying to rank out this year; it's my first time and I'm playing a little every night mostly to get a feel for the meta.)

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,399 posts
10,935 battles
26 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah, had a 7k+ win in my Normandie where I rocked last night which was great but unfortunately I thought I was setting up the Lyon which I am still grinding. So I took the Lyon out and of course I potato'd for 1200 in a win. :Smile_facepalm:

[SFOR]
Members
973 posts
6,958 battles
1 hour ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Sorry that I have premium at the moment from Ranked.

Do you have any tier recommendation now?

Go play lower tiers. It s full of idiots anyway. the good news is that you see idiots on both teams. The way it is now is a fckn lottery griding the normandie.

[PVE]
Members
1,698 posts
7,349 battles

As much as I like most dislike the weekends and the types of players that the weekends bring out, when its a 200% weekend, I can suffer through it without to much complaint.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,399 posts
10,935 battles
22 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

Go play lower tiers. It s full of idiots anyway. the good news is that you see idiots on both teams. The way it is now is a fckn lottery griding the normandie.

This fits my theory that it is the weekend only/mostly unicums that makes the middle & upper tiers painful on weekends since they are less likely to play those low (1 - 4) tiers.