You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

It's Funny but Last Night Once Again it Was Shown to Me how Subjective Opinion and yet How Completely Different it Can Be

26 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,640 posts

From Person to Person Your Opinion or Mine are worthless  unless we happen to agree and if not both party's may agree or disagree(Most time's violently this is how great war's are started) And Today's Truth is Tomorrow's Lie and Vice Versa,    And Language both Being the Great Uniter and the Great Divider at the same time.........................................As an example English according to Some the being closest thing to a Universal Language only all language's change Ain't  didn't used to be a word  and people get into fight's all the time over Your VS You're and yet for some reason Your and Yours is printed in Newspaper's,Magazine's and Book's all the time and while You're is being used less and less.    And I'm sure the same is the case with  All Other Language's as well that or they die  PS  Truth/Fact ain't necessarily Your Truth/Fact and Vice Versa

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Members
46 posts
2,626 battles
4 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

From Person to Person Your Opinion or Mine are worthless  unless we happen to agree and if not both party's may agree or disagree(Most time's violently this is how great war's are started) And Today's Truth is Tomorrow's Lie and Vice Versa,    And Language both Being the Great Uniter and the Great Divider at the same time.........................................As an example English according to Some the being closest thing to a Universal Language only all language's change Ain't  didn't used to be a word  and people get into fight's all the time over Your VS You're and yet for some reason Your and Yours is printed in Newspaper's,Magazine's and Book's all the time and while You're is being used less and less.    And I'm sure the same is the case with  All Other Language's as well that or they die

...are you drunk?

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,640 posts
2 minutes ago, Rainman106 said:

...are you drunk?

Nope drinking is something I seldom indulge as for getting that's a waste of time and money I won't indulge in

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,640 posts
9 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

What did I just read? :cap_wander:

Can you re-type that in English?

Are you a Brit or?

• Cool 1

[TF57]
Members
1,380 posts
4,089 battles

Are you a Brit or?

Again, not sure what you are trying to communicate?

Do you come from a non-English-speaking background? Or are you 10 years old or younger?

If so, congratulations on attempting to participate in the WoWs community.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,556 posts
12,334 battles

here it is in plain English

Definition of your

1: of or relating to you or yourself or yourselves especially as possessor or possessors 
  • your bodies
 , agent or agents 
  • your contributions
 , or object or objects of an action 
  • yourdischarge
2: of or relating to one or oneself 
  • when you face the north, east is at your right

Definition of you're

: you are

Definition of ain't

1: am not : are not : is not
2: have not : has not

Is ain't a word?

Although widely disapproved as nonstandard, and more common in the habitual speech of the less educated, ain't is flourishing in American English. It is used in both speech and writing to catch attention and to gain emphasis.
    •  
    • the wackiness of movies, once so deliciously amusing, ain't funny anymore 
    • —Richard Schickel 
    •  
    • I am telling you—there ain't going to be any blackmail 
    • —R. M. Nixon 
It is used especially in journalistic prose as part of a consistently informal style.
    •  
    • the creative process ain't easy 
    • —Mike Royko 
This informal ain't is commonly distinguished from habitual ain't by its frequent occurrence in fixed constructions and phrases.
    •  
    • well—class it ain't 
    • —Cleveland Amory 
    •  
    • for money? say it ain't so, Jimmy! 
    • —Andy Rooney 
    • you ain't seen nothing yet 
    • that ain't hay 
    • two out of three ain't bad 
    • if it ain't broke, don't fix it 
In fiction ain't is used for purposes of characterization; in familiar correspondence it tends to be the mark of a warm personal friendship. It has also long been commonly used in popular songs, both for metrical reasons and for the informal tone it conveys. 
    • Ain't She Sweet 
    • It Ain'tNecessarily So 
Our evidence shows British use to be much the same as American

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,640 posts
11 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

here it is in plain English

Used To Be!..............................The language can seen to be changing more more all the time both in slang and Basic Usage

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,640 posts
Just now, T1mb3rWo1f said:

You are crying about the usage of the language yet you use it atrociously.

Again Subjective

• Cool 1

Members
22,336 posts
5,780 battles
51 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

From Person to Person Your Opinion or Mine are worthless  unless we happen to agree....

Depends on who's judging the worth of their opinion.

You may be convinced you're right, but you're a fool if you completely discount another valid opinion simply because you disagree with it. That's how you get blinded to the real truth, because your opinion, being the only one you deem valid, becomes your truth by default.

Edited by Skpstr
Changed/added italicised words
  • Cool 2

[WOLF6]
Members
664 posts
6,073 battles
5 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Again Subjective

Not subjective , you're a troll .

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,640 posts
7 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Depends on who's judging the worth of your opinion.

You may be convinced you're right, but you're a fool if you completely discount another opinion simply because you disagree with it. That's how you get blinded to the real truth, because your opinion, being the only one you deem valid, becomes your truth by default.

EXACTLY

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
460 posts
2,887 battles
50 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

From Person to Person Your Opinion or Mine are worthless  unless we happen to agree and if not both party's may agree or disagree(Most time's violently this is how great war's are started) And Today's Truth is Tomorrow's Lie and Vice Versa,    And Language both Being the Great Uniter and the Great Divider at the same time.........................................As an example English according to Some the being closest thing to a Universal Language only all language's change Ain't  didn't used to be a word  and people get into fight's all the time over Your VS You're and yet for some reason Your and Yours is printed in Newspaper's,Magazine's and Book's all the time and while You're is being used less and less.    And I'm sure the same is the case with  All Other Language's as well that or they die  PS  Truth/Fact ain't necessarily Your Truth/Fact and Vice Versa

Language depends upon an agreed set of rules, norms, definitions, etc., in order to be effective. 

You just broke several of those in one posting. So much so my left eye started to twitch. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Members
4,723 posts
7,775 battles
31 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Depends on who's judging the worth of their opinion.

You may be convinced you're right, but you're a fool if you completely discount another valid opinion simply because you disagree with it. That's how you get blinded to the real truth, because your opinion, being the only one you deem valid, becomes your truth by default.

Many people go thru life never learning a thing from anyone who disagrees with them.  You know the type. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,640 posts
18 hours ago, dmckay said:

Many people go thru life never learning a thing from anyone who disagrees with them.  You know the type. 

Including yourself there Hmm?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
19 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Again Subjective

Could we also not apply this same logic to your ramblings? See how easy this is?

• Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,640 posts
3 hours ago, Canadatron said:

Could we also not apply this same logic to your ramblings? See how easy this is?

As we could  Yours as well:Smile_great::Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,065 posts
3,885 battles
3 hours ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

This thread is going places 

Not college,  but places.

Members
218 posts
2,111 battles
1 minute ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Ain't has always been a word. Signed, the entire state of Texas.

When I was in junior high some kid went through all of the dictionaries in my English class and wrote ain't in all of them.

Definition: Southern thing