Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nerf_Snerdley

Team Kill = Suicide?

13 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
1,577 battles

I know the new TK rules are more severe, and I'm OK with that but while I read about the #game penalty, I didn't see anything about a "suicide" feature.  Is there one?

To wit, just played a Coop match in a Furutaka and - specifically because of the new TK rules - I was actively being more careful with my torps.  I waited until both friendlies between me and an enemy BB were clear and steaming away from my line of fire before launching.  Of course, in the replay, I can see that one of them was reversing course as I launched...  Naturally he drove right into the spread and I killed him.  The "new" part was that, the moment my torps hit him, I exploded.  Nobody shooting at me, no incoming shells, no torps, and only 9,000 damage to me listed in the end-game stats.  I just went boom.

Did I miss something?

[LEGIT]
Members
976 posts
7,548 battles

Its normal to die if you kill a full or near full health teammate. Now also becareful. There is this new trend where people intentionally drive into torps just to make some 1 pink or orange.

Edited by KAGA_kaini
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,795 posts
21,011 battles

The damage is reflected to you of you are pink/turn pink.

Members
8 posts
1,577 battles

Interesting.  I wasn't pink to start the game, and I must not have ever TK'd somebody that hard before to notice a sudden kaboom.  Might explain some of my "what the hell happened" games though.

I don't think this guy was trying to me TK'd, he just decided to stay engaged with our target when I thought he was clearing into a channel between islands.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
38 minutes ago, KAGA_kaini said:

Its normal to die if you kill a full or near full health teammate. Now also becareful. There is this new trend where people intentionally drive into torps just to make some 1 pink or orange.

Doesn't this require that you shot torps into the path / vicinity of an ally? If that's the scenario still your fault. Now they can sod off if they are going out of their way, especially at full health, just to troll some one.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,795 posts
21,011 battles
38 minutes ago, Nerf_Snerdley said:

Interesting.  I wasn't pink to start the game, and I must not have ever TK'd somebody that hard before to notice a sudden kaboom.  Might explain some of my "what the hell happened" games though.

I don't think this guy was trying to me TK'd, he just decided to stay engaged with our target when I thought he was clearing into a channel between islands.

You don’t have to be pink at the start. Depending on how much damage you have done in other matches to allies you may turn pink the moment the damage is done without sinking the ship. And then the damage reflection start kicking in. AFAIK it’s 2 or 3 times the damage you do.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,588 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, KAGA_kaini said:

There is this new trend where people intentionally drive into torps just to make some 1 pink or orange.

That trend is not really new; I've seen it happen in many games.

Members
9,536 posts
11,883 battles

:cap_haloween:   I've had more  cruiser guys  acting like DD    TK me than  just about anything else.  worst is   atago  with noob  player.     i've had one blow up because they were pink to begin with with minimal dam to me.  I normally pay attention to DDs, but rarely cruisers  on my own team, so that makes it worse  lol. 

[RKLES]
Members
8,924 posts
10,828 battles
1 hour ago, KAGA_kaini said:

Yeah I have to be exceptionally careful when launching Torps to make sure there are no fast allied ships nearby, especially the ones with speed boost Consumable. Otherwise they can decide they want to change course and speed boost into your Torps. They can even pull a 180° turn and hit the speed boost to do this.

Now it gets a little easier if you have some allies nearby that you know will not pull that stunt, and would actually welcome Torp wall that will come relatively close to them in order to kill or discourse pursuit by enemy ships.

Members
115 posts
8,066 battles

The other day i was in a match where are asashio decided to fire torps at a BB that one of are BBs was engaging and of course hit are BB and the asashio blew up and in chat said WTH?, so your not alone altho this asashio was an idiot, he also was not pink at the time.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,070 posts
4,723 battles
4 hours ago, Umikami said:

That trend is not really new; I've seen it happen in many games.

I've been playing WoWs for over 2 years and I don't think I've ever seen someone purposefully turn into the path of a teammate's torpedo spread to scuttle their ship and get the teammate a TK penalty. 

Now, not saying that hasn't or doesn't happen, but how do you determine the person's intent from turning into the torps on purpose and someone who didn't realize the torps were there and turned?

[DOG]
Members
567 posts
7,178 battles

I'm not sure, but I think the programmers may have done something screwy with the amount of damage inflicted when you hit a friendly.  I went pink last night for 2 games.  I had not been pink previously.  I was driving a Fletcher, and I fired guns at an enemy BB that was apparently too close to a friendly BB, and I over-shot and sunk the friendly (with guns!).  When I checked the stats after the game, I had inflicted something like 7100 hp on him.  I had no torp hits for the game, and I didn't hit him with more than one salvo.  He died instantly, so it wasn't fire damage.  So let's say I hit him with all 5 guns with that one salvo.  That's 1,420 points per hit with 5" guns (with HE).  How does that happen?  And, more importantly, how can I recreate that kind of damage against enemy BBs?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,588 posts
15,896 battles
32 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

I've been playing WoWs for over 2 years and I don't think I've ever seen someone purposefully turn into the path of a teammate's torpedo spread to scuttle their ship and get the teammate a TK penalty. 

Now, not saying that hasn't or doesn't happen, but how do you determine the person's intent from turning into the torps on purpose and someone who didn't realize the torps were there and turned?

Because I've seen guys turn into someone's torps with full health, and then NOT use their Damage Control to stop the flooding while they type "ENJOY PINK" in chat, which tells me that they're dying to spite another team mate who torped them. And, yes, I've seen this, or something very similar, numerous times.

Sign in to follow this