Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_no_one_

Varyag, first game...

23 comments in this topic

[SFOR]
Members
973 posts
6,958 battles

122k damaged, 4 kills

Captain skills. PT, AR, DE

The camo is great, the horn is also great. Speed, HP, Gun reload, handling is ok /good. Only the 11km range on that guns sounds bad. Those shell arcs plays a lot like an american cruiser. In general a good ship.

Thx WG

20180428_111717_PRSC513-Varyag_01_solomon_islands.wowsreplay

Alpha Tester
2,232 posts
31 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

Those shell arcs plays a lot like an american cruiser.

Fun fact, Varyag was built in Philadelphia.

• Cool 3

[SSGS]
Members
78 posts
13,760 battles

Two games - I hate it...range is bad, visibility is bad, armor is thin.  The only way to do well is if nobody shoots at you.  The Boga and St Louis are better in every way.  Except the horns...

[SFOR]
Members
973 posts
6,958 battles
51 minutes ago, MrYee said:

Two games - I hate it...range is bad, visibility is bad, armor is thin.  The only way to do well is if nobody shoots at you.  The Boga and St Louis are better in every way.  Except the horns...

Try to play like a cleveland at tier 3. Behind islands.  But i agree it can't compete with a Bogatry special if you have a 10 pt captain or more. ( PT, EM, BFT, AFT, AR, DE, CE )

Members
22,302 posts
5,778 battles
2 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

Try to play like a cleveland at tier 3. Behind islands.  But i agree it can't compete with a Bogatry special if you have a 10 pt captain or more. ( PT, EM, BFT, AFT, AR, DE, CE )

I think even a Bogatyr with the stock 6" guns is better...

[ARGSY]
Members
10,184 posts
6,638 battles

She's nobody's seal-clubbing death machine (unless you're good enough to do that with any ship), but I found her fun to play once I'd got her.

Like my Vampire, she'll come out when I'm sick of Randoms, sick of Ranked, and want something to play around with that has the cachet of "I won this!".

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,307 posts
20,165 battles

I like the Varyag, but I love the low tier gunboats. They are great fun to take into Co-op with a 19 point captain and just blast bots to farm a first win bonus and build up Elite XP. I have all the Russian premium ships available and it takes about an hour to run all of them thru PvE and farm the first wins. Loads of fun, zero stress, and accomplishes something useful by building up XP. 

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles
8 hours ago, _no_one_ said:

the horn is also great.

And that's really what's most important for these freebie ships. :Smile_great:

• Cool 3

[DRAH]
Members
140 posts
5,213 battles

Her secondaries are actually quite good (for a 2.5k range) try getting in close and watch them blaze away. The crew must have been promised extra vodka by the captain for each hit as they seem to have a better hit rate than is usual. I got ~20 hits for 4k damage in the last game I played with her and the targets are soft enough they actually do somthing.

[WOLFB]
Members
600 posts
4,871 battles

Wait, how did you all get the Varyag already? I thought Part 2 of the missions wasn't available yet? Did you pick the ship up in the Premium ship or did I miss the Missions?

[SFOR]
Members
973 posts
6,958 battles
12 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

Wait, how did you all get the Varyag already? I thought Part 2 of the missions wasn't available yet? Did you pick the ship up in the Premium ship or did I miss the Missions?

I finished the marathon.

[DRAH]
Members
140 posts
5,213 battles
19 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

On the US servers part 2 came up this weekend for us.

Alpha Tester
2,232 posts
3 hours ago, Jarink said:

And that's really what's most important for these freebie ships. :Smile_great:

Not for me. Horns are annoying so I disabled it. What I do like is that Varyag comes with an alternate camo, a historical one no less. Now if WG could just copy & paste the scheme for Bogatyr and Novik (both ships were also part of the Russian Pacific Squadron), that'd be great.

shot-18_04.29_11_10.49-0535.thumb.jpg.554d0793fb761370806bcaedad2ea6a7.jpg

Members
1,866 posts

Great horn, good camo, what's not to love? Sure, it has lower DPM than the absolutely free Bogatyr, but at tier 3, you have the advantage over most of the players you will be facing. Toot-toot! :cap_look:

[ARGSY]
Members
10,184 posts
6,638 battles
6 hours ago, Aiser50 said:

5ae53b8adc333_Screenshot(617).thumb.png.b67401443200f57fb6498b464456ee4a.png

First and only game in Varyag.

@LittleWhiteMouse Should a Garbage bote even be capable of this?

(If I did this with it I might consider not playing it again either. Everything else would be anticlimactic)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
559 posts
12,048 battles

She's a speed boat compared to my Aurora with a better horn and good looking camo. Nicely done Wargaming, thanks for the ship!

source.gif

[4HIM]
Members
2,218 posts
6,506 battles
8 hours ago, Wolcott said:

Now if WG could just copy & paste the scheme for Bogatyr and Novik (both ships were also part of the Russian Pacific Squadron), that'd be great.

Yes please!  Great perma-camo no doubt.  

Sign in to follow this