You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
anonym_Vz09JWENB5ay

When are battleships ever going to have a chance?

42 comments in this topic

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles
5 minutes ago, bogo3964 said:

I play battleships, yet they are the worst ship to play when it comes to SURVIVABILITY. and for this reason, i am seriously contemplating to uninstall this crap game and go back to Warthunder.

shot-18.04.28_07.46.37-0737.jpg

:Smile_facepalm:

[ARGSY]
Members
10,184 posts
6,638 battles

You got to the Nagato in 443 battles and you claim to have survivability issues?

Sorry, I smell troll. Good luck, farewell, and don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

[SUCIT]
Members
1,018 posts
4,270 battles
1 minute ago, bogo3964 said:

I play battleships, yet they are the worst ship to play when it comes to SURVIVABILITY. and for this reason, i am seriously contemplating to uninstall this crap game and go back to Warthunder.

Instead of raging about a ship, lets dissect your gameplay and see what went wrong.  If we look where you died, I can assume that you were pushing too aggressively in an alleyway without having a way out.  You were forced into showing their entire fleet a broadside which led to a quick death for you.  Even just looking at the picture and the way your ship is facing, I can tell you that you should die.  You have the most armor in the game in a Battleship, but that doesn't give you a "get out of jail free card".  You must effectively use that armor by angling it and presenting the most armor possible.  Judging by your potential damage, you took a few large shots, which chipped your health down fast.  If you'd like, there are a few people on the forums who will do demo review with you, myself included.  

• Cool 4

[SUCIT]
Members
1,018 posts
4,270 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You got to the Nagato in 443 battles and you claim to have survivability issues?

Sorry, I smell troll. Good luck, farewell, and don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.

It's easy to get to a t7 in 443 battles.  Hell, it only takes me about 250 battles to get a t10 at this point.  

[ARGSY]
Members
10,184 posts
6,638 battles
Just now, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

It's easy to get to a t7 in 443 battles.  Hell, it only takes me about 250 battles to get a t10 at this point.  

I guess it depends on how many lines you're following. Exhaustive grinding on one line would probably do it, I must admit, but I would then ask whether you are running XP flags, camo, premium time etc., which I mostly have not.

It took me a lot longer to get to T7 in British cruisers, but probably because I picked probably the most difficult line in the game to start as a complete newbie and used very little in the way of flags or camo (and only ran premium time when I won it). If I were doing it again with foreknowledge, I might have gone with something more forgiving.

Members
8 posts

i didn't get a chance to push that far. most of the dam i received was from "Fires". the kill shot was torp bombers. it's been like this for more than 5 games in a row so far. even my tirpitz has been getting set on fire salvo after salvo. battleships aren't constructed out of balsa wood. granted, there can be fires, but not like what i have been experiencing.

Members
4,375 posts
7,091 battles

BBs are not =necessarily supposed to survive.  If you can tank a LOT Of damage instead of DD/CAs getting hammered and the team wins - it does not matter if the BBs dies or not.  The game is about capping and taking enough points to win.  None of my BBs have a survivor rate above 48 or so percent.

• Funny 1

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles

Bbs have plenty of chance.

First, thank you for not guarding th edge of the map. You made it into the center.

Second, i agree with much of the comments of xplicit. I also extend the same offer.

Third if you would like i can give you some links to helpful videos to recognize common errors, and show examples of stellar high level play.

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
809 posts
20,959 battles

As long as I am in an Asashio and you are in a BB on the other team, I will stand by the OPs original title...yep...they have no chance.:fish_viking:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,260 posts
5,409 battles

wwhIoDu.gif.721eb1ac1b50c0c09353401e2f35c0e6.gif

I mean seriously? There's an eagles tune called "Get Over It!" have a listen and man up......

[SUCIT]
Members
1,018 posts
4,270 battles
25 minutes ago, bogo3964 said:

i didn't get a chance to push that far. most of the dam i received was from "Fires". the kill shot was torp bombers. it's been like this for more than 5 games in a row so far. even my tirpitz has been getting set on fire salvo after salvo. battleships aren't constructed out of balsa wood. granted, there can be fires, but not like what i have been experiencing.

If you're having trouble with fires, use a survivability build, and work on your DCP usage.  There are counters to everything in WoWs.  

Edited by XpliCT_PaiiN

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,432 posts
20,874 battles
42 minutes ago, bogo3964 said:

Shut up and LEAVE already  ! ! ! ! !

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
19,999 posts
19,924 battles
26 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

BBs are not =necessarily supposed to survive.  If you can tank a LOT Of damage instead of DD/CAs getting hammered and the team wins - it does not matter if the BBs dies or not.  The game is about capping and taking enough points to win.  None of my BBs have a survivor rate above 48 or so percent.

@bogo3964

Don't listen to this advice.  It is NOT the job of a battleship to be a god damned pin cushion for damage, no matter how many fools claim otherwise.  It *IS* your job to maximize the damage you produce, while minimizing the amount of damage you take.  However, that does NOT mean that you hide wayyyyy in back and back line snipe.  That's a very bad way to maximize damage.  What you should do is find a the best range at which you can get consistent numbers of hits, while being able to work your armor and generate bounces from AP.  In a Nagato, you're probably looking at around 10-15 km.

As for fire, it's just the cost of doing business as a BB.  What you have to do is manage your consumables to minimize the amount of damage you take, and repair as much as you can.  Never put out a single fire, unless you KNOW with absolute complete certainty that you won't come under enemy fire for long enough to get your DC party back off cooldown.  It's better to let a single fire burn because you can heal it back with a Repair Party.  Also, if you put out a single fire, then you're stuck without a DC party for a minute or minute and a half.  And it you take additional fires or flooding from torps, those fires and flooding will run unchecked, and you'll be in a world of hurt.

Battleships can be INCREDIBLY durable, in spite of your bad experience.  But it doesn't happen all on its own.  You have to make good choices in skills and upgrade modules, and you have to make good decisions with your DC and Repair parties to get the most out a battleship's durability.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,795 posts
21,011 battles

0/10 for a bad trolling attempt.

Will not recommend this to others or read again

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,702 battles
55 minutes ago, bogo3964 said:

OMG thanks for the laugh I needed a good one this morning. 

[TF57]
Members
1,380 posts
4,089 battles

It made me laugh, so a successful troll.

But not as good as the guy complaining on an Asashio thread:

"Asashio is unfair as BB can be hit at ranges they cannot retaliate" or something similarly ironic... (though I think he was serious!)