You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TexJapan

Captain's Kickback event...Austin TX

9 comments in this topic

[VFW]
Members
1,168 posts
23,092 battles

So, Friday evening (4/27/18) WoWS staff hosted the Captain's Kickback to celebrate their new NA HQ in Austin, Texas.

To start, thank you WoWS staff for the event and welcome to Texas.     All the WoWS team (Boyarshy, Pigeon, Gneisenau, RadarX, BTed72, URL Guy, and others) were great and excellent in talking with the players.

Quick overview of the event.   KungFu Saloon was the venue, 100 RSVPs were placed, but maybe 60+ showed (sad more could not be there).   A quick sign in, swag given (t-shirt, bonus code...Bama), then mingling was done among players and staff alike.  Both Boyarsky and Pigeon gave a presentation over the state of WoWS and all staff were open to input and discussion.  The bar was flowing and snacks were there to compliment your drinks.   Also, it was neat talking with fellow players about their likes, interests, and method of playing Warships.

WoWS staff were open as can be allowed about future WoWS changes/happening...hmmm tight lipped on CVs..darn...and I hope this is not the last event that they will host.   Be great once they fully settle to have a Open House meeting at their new HQ, but understand if that is not possible.

In closing, I find that in all the FTP games, WoWS is probably one of or not the best in caring for the players.   A big shout out to all you new Austin residents.

Thank you WoWS Gals/Guys,

VR, 

TexJapan

Members
87 posts
8,281 battles

It was a great event, and I'll second thanking the WoWS staff for their hospitality.  It was nice to meet the staff and other players.

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,203 posts
4,951 battles

The only thing that could make me wish I still lived in La Porte. When I moved to the Bay area one of the very few things that made me okay with it was that Emeryville was only an hour away and I could finally participate in WG events. Such is life.

[VFW]
Members
1,168 posts
23,092 battles
1 hour ago, chrisope said:

It was a great event, and I'll second thanking the WoWS staff for their hospitality.  It was nice to meet the staff and other players.

Good meeting you Chrisope.

vr,

• Cool 1

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,181 posts
16,753 battles

REALLY wish I could've made it...  but really happy to hear the event went really well.  After the Lexington LBT, I gotta agree with your sentiments about Wargaming caring for its players far more than any other video game company.

[VFW]
Members
1,168 posts
23,092 battles
47 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

REALLY wish I could've made it...  but really happy to hear the event went really well.  After the Lexington LBT, I gotta agree with your sentiments about Wargaming caring for its players far more than any other video game company.

Zath,

I think many don't appreciate WoWS Team...glad to hear someone else agreeing that they are good folk.

Vr,

[VFW]
Members
1,168 posts
23,092 battles

So if WoWS has any event near your location, highly recommend that you attend.   They are always friendly, provide refreshments (munchies and crunchies) and good SWAG.

vr,