You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kaiwang170yolo_invader

Will the Missouri come back

133 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
5,839 battles

So I have been told that the Missouri might come back on May 2018, I just wanna know is it true or not and if true what will be the date, cause I got more than 750k free experience and I do not know what to spend on.

[WAG]
Members
1,633 posts
9,122 battles

I hope not... WG needs to build... history? (  not the right word ) some ships need to remain special, unique and rare.  Those that have them will cherish them and those that missed the boat, well they missed it and maybe next time they won't hesitate... There is a bit of the collector aspect in this game and having ships in the game that are no longer available creates a mood... 

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,369 battles
3 minutes ago, kaiwang170yolo_invader said:

So I have been told that the Missouri might come back on May 2018, I just wanna know is it true or not and if true what will be the date, cause I got more than 750k free experience and I do not know what to spend on.

Wargaming has never said a thing about the Missouri ever coming back. With her huge credit making potential that broke the in-game economy she will never be coming back unless it is in a crate.

[TAFFY]
Members
76 posts
5,008 battles

Missouri is no longer available in tech tree since the patch 0.7.2 was released, and it was replaced by the Musashi. As it was a unique rare ship, I don't think it will come back. You can get it from supercontainer depends on chance of luck.

Edited by Rulue

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

(Shakes the Magic Eight Ball, and turns it upside down)

"Cannot predict now"

(Shakes it again)

"Outlook not so good"

• Funny 2

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

I figure it won't be this year, if ever.

I bet it'll be available in Christmas crates and those that are interested will throw gobs of cash for the chance to get her. It's best for WG to do this at least.

I've got around 1.5m FXP, but I didn't buy her (or any other). I'm holding what I have until (if) they come out with a FXP DD, or Cruiser. :cap_old:

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,260 posts
5,409 battles

I doubt it will ever be more than an elusive collectors item like Konig Albert and Kutuzov. Be kinda like offering a IJN DD bundle of Fujin and her two sisters... too good to be real!

Members
400 posts
6,655 battles
1 hour ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

I hope not... WG needs to build... history? (  not the right word ) some ships need to remain special, unique and rare.  Those that have them will cherish them and those that missed the boat, well they missed it and maybe next time they won't hesitate... There is a bit of the collector aspect in this game and having ships in the game that are no longer available creates a mood... 

I agree. I grinded and got her near the end with the FXP. I have just made the decision to be a collector so yes, you have to grab them when they are available. 

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
280 posts
9,144 battles
56 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

I recall seeing a post saying it was available forever....

Not just a post - it was on the original release post for the ship. 

I don't know about it 'never' coming back, that seems like a long time for me. Maybe give the Musashi enough time to be in the shop for a comparable amount of time to what the MO was and maybe they rotate them later ? 

Members
862 posts

Wisconsin - with really cheesy effects and the superpower to have insane secondaries.

New Jersey - Mafia special - dedicated team killer that can get away with it. 

Missouri?    Have you asked the Missouri Owners Group if they want to let more members in?

I predict Santa crates and a very very low possibility. Likely will need all of the other ships before getting Missouri.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,670 posts
24,443 battles
1 hour ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

I recall seeing a post saying it was available forever....

I can't remember the exact verbage, but the consensus is that WG did say it would be available permanently.  Then they changed their mind.

Members
862 posts

I got it and then rarely played her. But the credits were outrageous. A good to better than average player who only played Missouri would just wreck the economic system....at least for themselves. The worst thing was that other than turning the radar on it is the easiest ship to play.   

A DD or CA set up might have been a better route to go because MO is definitely an extremely easy ship to play and get a fat check

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,593 posts
15,896 battles
2 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

There is a bit of the collector aspect in this game and having ships in the game that are no longer available creates a mood... 

You are so far off target I can't believe you can see the firing range; WoW DOES want to create a mood, but that mood is one where they lovingly and sensuously tease you into taking out your wallet, reach into it and get out that credit card and ..... CHA CHING! The sound of your cash hitting their cash registers is the ONLY mood they give a damn about!

Yes, Missouri will be back ... at the exact moment when it will rake in the biggest profits!

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,849 posts
4,153 battles

I have 500k free xp atm but I am holding off until a Free XP DD shows up. 

But both BB's are extremely tempting. 

[NGAGE]
Members
4,361 posts
6,388 battles

My guess is the Missouri will never be made available again through normal means.  It may be possible to get through crates or events, but I'd be surprised to see it available in the tech tree again.  And if...and that's a big if, the Missouri did come back, I wouldn't expect to see it again for at least a full year.

45 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

I can't remember the exact verbage, but the consensus is that WG did say it would be available permanently.  Then they changed their mind.

The exact terminology was "here to stay", and that is still open for interpretation.

"After the bout of late snow storms we've been having, it looks like the good weather is finally here to stay".  This statement doesn't imply that there will never ever be snow again, but rather that winter is over and that the weather will be warmer for the duration of the season. 

"After settling the contract dispute, it looks like the newly signed player is here to stay."  Again this statement doesn't mean the new player will be on the team for ever, just that there are no immediate plans for his departure.

I can definitely see where the confusion comes from and think that WG could improve their PR game....but given that WG frequently rotates their lineup of "permanently available for purchase" ships, as well as occasionally outright banning ships from further sale, I don't really think their statement about the Missouri being here to stay meant it would be permanently available.  The Missouri was available in the tech tree for around a year, and that is as close to permanent as you're going to get with WG's premium shop.  

Edited by yashma

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

It absolutely will be back - as to when, thats anyone's guess.

The Miss - and the scheduled pull from the shop - encouraged a lot of folks to spend dubloons to convert free XP - and as we know, dubloons cost real money (other than the few that can be won, of course).

The same will happen with Musachi (sp?) - and eventually the FXP purchasable Russian T9 BB, when that line is introduced (or maybe a FXP T9 French BB will be next?).

It makes perfect business sense, no?  WG is in the business of making money - and creating "false scarcity" plays into that rather nicely, don't you think?

So don't fret - it will be back.

As to the Miss itself - its an awesome ship, which allowed me to harvest enough credits to purchase two T10 TT ships (Montana and Shima) this week alone.

[BNKR]
Members
1,172 posts
1,103 battles

You guys thinking it won't be back are out of your minds. Since she will be worth a fortune to WG, she will be back for periodic, limited releases. Wargaming is a for-profit company, and they're not going to let a cash cow like Missouri quietly slip away.

Edited by RagingxMarmoset
  • Cool 1

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles

I could see it coming back for a holiday or at least I hope so. Maybe July 4th? (Wishful thinking because I didn't have time to get it when I started playing again.)

[LEGIT]
Members
1,670 posts
24,443 battles
2 hours ago, yashma said:

The exact terminology was "here to stay", and that is still open for interpretation.

Yes; that was it, and I understand the interpretation there.  But your examples of the weather and a contract dispute feature variables beyond one person's control, thus the wiggle room.  WG is under one person's control, so they don't get that.  Most considered "here to stay" as permanent for as long as the game lasts. 

Banned
292 posts
6 hours ago, kaiwang170yolo_invader said:

Ha. It better come back. It is too historic and iconic of a ship IRL for them to not make available again.

If they don't bring it back I'll probably stop playing. That ship is one of the top 2 or 3 seasons I play this game. I don't give a crap about any of their other nonsense FXP ships or premiums. And I'm pretty close to reaching my other goals. They bring it back or they will forever get vastly less $$ from me! No FXP spending. No credit buying. No premium ship buying WG from this customer until the MO comes back!

Edited by TheLastReaper

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
6 hours ago, kaiwang170yolo_invader said:

"Told" by whom?

Anyway, people need to get their heads out of the idea that the MO is coming back.  It's like you're counting on buying a winning powerball ticket one day.  If it happens, great, but it's a fool's dream at this stage.