You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Daily Ranked Progress Thread

297 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
15,978 battles

Stated at 16 and finished the night at Rank 12.

No more than 2 losses in a row and no more than 4 wins in a row so off to an decent start.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND
  • Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
15,978 battles
29 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

GJ.  I've not played seriously for several seasons, so starting this one at 19.

LOSS, LOSS, LOSS, WIN, LOSS

:Smile-angry:

I will say this..... my first 4 teams all had one AFK I do not know if that is a good sign of things to come.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,559 posts
12,334 battles

Just had a 142k damage loss, didn't lose a star.

CV wouldn't spot their Kagero so he had a field day with the BB cause they sat still

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
9,593 battles
36 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I will say this..... my first 4 teams all had one AFK I do not know if that is a good sign of things to come.

My first loss yesterday our sole DD announced 30 seconds into the game he had a phone call.  His ship continued on to the map edge and stopped.  He came back right around the time he was the last survivor.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,703 posts

Yesterday was my first day back.  Started and ended at 17.

First game was fantastic:  A romp in Prinz Eugen that netted me 9500 xp and first place on the team.   The rest totally sucked...   The season just started, and already the screaming whining and cussing in chat- as well as the camp n snipe meta.   (my last game of the night went 15 min+,  only 2 ships were killed,  and was about the most boring game of WoWS I've ever played...)

I hope that's not a harbinger of what's to come...

Gotta love the +200% xp weekend though!

To be fair,  Co-op wasn't any better.   Wall to wall BB's, and tier 10 matches galore- when I was in NO and Eugen.   Campy, cruddy matches abounded.  YUCK!!

edit- it was rank 17, not 15...

Edited by Fletcher7_1944

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
339 posts
4,470 battles

22-19 rank 3wins 2 losses i was top earner in a win an a loss i am not that good. but am a dd main and brought my kagero

[SSN]
Members
267 posts
12,458 battles

Started at R15.  15 battles later (only 5 wins), still at R15.  Should have gave up on the night a whole lot earlier.  Slow start, but I'll find a ship that will work!  Atago worked last season. Not so much this round.   But it is only day1 (now day2).  

Members
9,544 posts
11,912 battles

played one to get my flags   and won.    was a rollover though  .   I am finally bored enough that I may consider doing rank more seriously since I am done with most of my grinds.    

[ODIN]
Members
1,158 posts
16,442 battles

I also started at 16 and moved into rank 12. I have two stars now so just one more win for rank 11. Had a lot if success in my Kii and Benson. Miami and Lo Yang did decently for me too. I even took out Gascogne for two games but was not impressed. I also had no luck with the Kidd despite or being me go too last season.

I must say I am pretty happy with my ranked experience thus far this season. I didn't see battleships headed to the back to hide and snipe that much, only had one AFK team mate, and saw only a couple of useless ships on my team (Asashio). So far so good though and I'm really excited for rank 10 and beyond. 

[NGAGE]
Members
4,361 posts
6,388 battles

I took last season off from ranked because of Clan Battles burn out, so I started this season at rank 23.  Yesterday I won 5 out of my 6 battles, and made it up to rank 18 on the day.   But with each win, I have a growing sense of dread as I know it's only going to get more toxic from here on out. 

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
15,978 battles
1 hour ago, yashma said:

I took last season off from ranked because of Clan Battles burn out, so I started this season at rank 23.  Yesterday I won 5 out of my 6 battles, and made it up to rank 18 on the day.   But with each win, I have a growing sense of dread as I know it's only going to get more toxic from here on out. 

Honestly so far the chatter has been very low not a lot of complaining going on in my games.

A few ships just yoloing at the start into the enemy team for no apparent reason.

But Overall so far nothing but good times.

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles

I can't remember where I started but I made it to rank 10 and can't go any farther. Haven't gotten to tier 10 yet. 

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Made it from 17 to 15 irrevocable- which is what I wanted as a minimum. A few wins and a couple losses thrown in for good measure. Most of the games have been somewhat close. 

[1IF]
Members
100 posts
3,325 battles

Started at 20, made it to 15 in 9 battles today.  First one was a clear loss in Roma, so exited and took the Prinz Eugen.  6-2 with the Prinz so far.  Some games good, others not so much, but I've gotten Dreadnought with her twice already.  Haven't seen more than 3 BBs on one side so far.  I'm tempted to switch to BBs, but I'm having a good time with Eugen.  I guess I'll keep moving toward rank 10, then I'm forced to stop due to lacking T10 ships.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have successfully lost every Battle tonight. I guess I suck, won't blame my team. I take full responsibility. 

• Cool 2

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,802 battles

My opening salvo in my 1st battle in Tirpitz was a cit on a Richelieu.  Been tough though, had several high or top score losses.  Switched to Hipper with an AA build for a bit after dealing with the same Graf player.  Shot down 29 of his planes and we finally won.  This season has the ring of premium but not so once at T10 thankfully.  Loyangs everywhere.  I have one but haven't used it.  Too easy.

[INTEL]
Members
9,807 posts
27,863 battles

Started at R17 and reached R10 today. 69% overall win rate, mostly in Alabama. The rewards are nice until R11. So if you are just there for signals, stop at R12.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,078 battles

Started at rank 21, made it to rank 15 in 6 games.

Thats normally where I stop.  I haven’t decided whether to keep going or not.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

Started at rank 18. Am now at rank 15. I did it all in my Richelieu. Took about 30 matches. Have decided to stop for a few days now that I'm at rank 15 before pushing for 10, got some big tests at school and am trying really hard to not be distracted!  

Have either had great games or awful games mostly. Have been last on my team quite a few times but have had quite a few great games too with 60-100k damage. A few hours back started HE spamming and it's been working much better and broke through to Rank 15. The trick is pretending the Richelieu is the Conqueror. 

[UEFN]
Members
812 posts
15,442 battles

First time playing rank, never interested in rank before until now.  Went from rank 23 to 10 in about 24hr, played last night, and tonight again.  Loyang was the ship that helped me get to rank 10 quickly, didn't have much luck with Atago, Kagero, or Tirptiz.  Most comfortable in Loyang and i often earned top spot and didn't lose the star from a loss match.

• Cool 1

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,227 posts
12,348 battles

Get the rank 7 today... start lose-win-lose-win-lose-win-gamecrashandlose.... now i go sleep... danm.

[INTEL]
Members
9,807 posts
27,863 battles

Now at Rank 10 trying to play Shima. But there is so much radar the game is no fun at all. Whichever team has the most radar wins, basically. So, I will probably play a few more games and go back to Randoms and Coop. It's a shame WG decided to screw gameplay by adding radar, but then the devs don't play the game, so they have no idea what they've done to it. 

Ranked 17-10 were a blast. Lots of fun play, brawling, comebacks. Rank 10 so far has been nothing but running from radar ships.