You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ulthwey

+1 to WG for giving us good deals

49 comments in this topic

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

On a serious note, I give WG a lot of crap regularly - but they came through for us this week. 4 special offers (total cost $35) equivalent to about 19k doubloons AND half off permanent camos - both during the same week. I'm impressed.

Icing on top - all these new Asashio players make such easy kills for experienced DD hunters, hell I alone killed at least 3 tonight  :)

• Cool 17

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,543 posts
4,201 battles

Bought a few permanent camouflages, and I might pick up one or two of the bundles for the doubloons.

Thanks WG!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,632 posts
15,896 battles
17 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Yep. The bundles were awesome!

Yes they are; I just got a ten dollar Graf Spee, with lots of other stuff all over her decks! Thank you WoW!

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,764 posts
50 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Icing on top - all these new Asashio players make such easy kills for experienced DD hunters, hell I alone killed at least 3 tonight  :)

:Smile_teethhappy: I am still amazed at how much some players are focused on the one upmanship they feel they have to state in regards to the Asashio lol.

How is killing an Asashio any different to killing any other new DD (or DD in general)? It's not, or at least I would have thought so. I haven't even bothered getting it.....but all these seemingly obligatory 'I killed an Asashio' threads does peak my interest.

As a DD main, death in a DD is no big deal, but it does seem to be that death at the hands of an Asashio is. I may actually open my wallet; thank you.:Smile_playing:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,916 battles

Yes thank you WG.

Of course it would have been nice to know before i plopped down 3k doubloons, and 10mil on upgrades in the last 2 days.

However i will make out great this weekend, bought a few more camos, still have 30mil upgrades to buy, picking up 5 ships, maybe 6 if i see another asashio whiner thread.....

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,591 posts
12,334 battles

May I ask were your seeing these deals, the prem shop or elsewhere?

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,916 battles
7 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

May I ask were your seeing these deals, the prem shop or elsewhere?

For the special ship pricing (texas deal, izuchi deal, graf spree, etc) you have to go to premium shop and log in. They are limit one offer marked steam sale.

For the camo (t5-9) you just go to the ship you want it for, exterior, and upper left choice is the permanent camo's.

For ship/upgrade discounts just go to buy normally, shows the special price sticker.

For japanese ships, they are marked half doubloons or you can go  to the shop and pay.

Edited by c3shooter

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles

The deals this week coupled with the 50% perma-camo discount were what pushed me over the edge into the realm of paying players.

Well, having a spin on the Cleveland with a perma-camo bought with won doubloons and seeing the XP benefits from first wins was probably the trigger. Having two (I won the Normandie cruise ship camo already) only made me hungrier for it, I guess. 

[YORHA]
Members
4,047 posts
7,023 battles

Picked up 3 of the bundles for ships I already had so ended up with over 15K Doubloons and 3 port slots.  Used the Doubloons to buy the 50% off permanent camos for the Cleveland, Pensacola, New Orleans and Baltimore so when the line splits I get the new ones for free.

I am pretty sure I made money on that deal...

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
236 posts
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Picked up 3 of the bundles for ships I already had so ended up with over 15K Doubloons and 3 port slots.  Used the Doubloons to buy the 50% off permanent camos for the Cleveland, Pensacola, New Orleans and Baltimore so when the line splits I get the new ones for free.

something is telling me the Pensacola, new Orleans and Baltimore even with having the perm camo's you won't get one for the other line for free. But still a good deal in terms of bundles for ships though.

[-PVE-]
Members
181 posts
10,780 battles
1 hour ago, c3shooter said:

For the special ship pricing (texas deal, izuchi deal, graf spree, etc) you have to go to premium shop and log in. They are limit one offer marked steam sale.

I won the Graf and play it on the regular server. If I buy the Steam Special will receive another Graf for play on Steam or will I receive its value in gold?

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
4 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

On a serious note, I give WG a lot of crap regularly - but they came through for us this week. 4 special offers (total cost $35) equivalent to about 19k doubloons AND half off permanent camos - both during the same week. I'm impressed.

Yes +1 to Wargaming, I got Ishizuchi, still got to watch the money, or I would of gotten the rest.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,916 battles
27 minutes ago, lewellenfawr said:

I won the Graf and play it on the regular server. If I buy the Steam Special will receive another Graf for play on Steam or will I receive its value in gold?

You get the gold equiv.

Best value you can get, you keep the capt and the slot too.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

What you bought is perma-camo for Tier VI to Tier IX mainline American cruisers. When the split happens, your Tier VI to Tier IX heavy cruisers (including the new Buffalo) should have permanent camo, plus the free one the Cleveland gets when she steps aside to the CL line.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Did they "fix" it or something? I just bought both the Steam Texas bundle and th Steam Graf Spee bundle, hoping to get the gold... paypal says it went through... yet I dont see anything in game... and its been a few hours now...

[YORHA]
Members
4,047 posts
7,023 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What you bought is perma-camo for Tier VI to Tier IX mainline American cruisers. When the split happens, your Tier VI to Tier IX heavy cruisers (including the new Buffalo) should have permanent camo, plus the free one the Cleveland gets when she steps aside to the CL line.

That is my expectation, yes.

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,255 posts
7,129 battles
7 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

Glad to hear we met the mark in terms of positive sentiment!

As for the Asashio, there are ways to counter its lethal tactics and actively working to counter it is just one of them! Bravo Zulu on your tally count!

"Never fear the enemy but always respect them." - John Basilone, US Marine Corps

#anchorsaweigh

dark.png

[WOLF7]
Members
11,410 posts
8 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

I HATE IT@!@@@@

I've been forced to spend money on this game when I said I wouldn't.....:Smile_sad:

I might even buy a tier 9 perm camo, something I said I'd never do....so sad...:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 3

Members
22,418 posts
5,787 battles
7 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

:Smile_teethhappy: I am still amazed at how much some players are focused on the one upmanship they feel they have to state in regards to the Asashio lol.

How is killing an Asashio any different to killing any other new DD (or DD in general)? It's not..

You could insert the name of any controversial new ship, and it would be the same.

Although, it's uncommon for a new ship to polarise players in both directions, regardless of what ship type they play.