You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

Where To Put Some Codes?

8 comments in this topic

[STW-M]
Members
2,923 posts
6,949 battles

So I managed to grab 2 invite codes and a referral link from visiting the Iowa and the WoWs website.

The referral gives the usual Diana/Texas, and the 2 codes apparently give Marblehead, 3 days of premium, and 250k silver

What I'd like to know is where should I post them on this forum?

Is there anything special that I should do before posting them?

Thanks.

Edited by Avenge_December_7
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,582 posts
15,896 battles
59 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Use them yourself?

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles

Well if you dont want them....you can feel free to PM me.

[O_O]
Members
5,001 posts
11,210 battles
2 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

On the top right of the forum page, do you see your name?  Click on it and it will open a box.  On the bottom left of that box is a tab, "Activate Wargaming Code."  Click and enter.

Edited by desmo_2

[STW-M]
Members
2,923 posts
6,949 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Use them yourself?

1 hour ago, c3shooter said:

Well if you dont want them....you can feel free to PM me.

20 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

On the top right of the forum page, do you see your name?  Click on it and it will open a box.  On the bottom left of that box is a tab, "Activate Wargaming Code."  Click and enter.

Ok, I think we have a misunderstanding here.

These are invite codes/referrals for new players, not someone with 4k games under his belt like me. These codes, the last time I checked, are completely useless to me. Unless I am mistaken, I am not going to be using these codes.

What I would like to know is what section of the forum should I post them in for new players to see.

In addition, I'd like to know if there is anything special I should do to prevent something like bots swiping the codes, similar to how Reddit does it?

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,780 posts
4,565 battles
6 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Ok, I think we have a misunderstanding here.

These are invite codes/referrals for new players, not someone with 4k games under his belt like me. These codes, the last time I checked, are completely useless to me. Unless I am mistaken, I am not going to be using these codes.

What I would like to know is what section of the forum should I post them in for new players to see.

In addition, I'd like to know if there is anything special I should do to prevent something like bots swiping the codes, similar to how Reddit does it?

Well there's always the issue of people getting those invites for rerolls. I would start by any irl friends that might be interested in the game. You could also ask in your clan. Otherwise, I think your best option would be to message a mod to ask the relevant questions.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles

So in order to have an account on the forum, i am pretty sure you have to have an account in the game. Then if they are invite codes for new players and not noobs posting on forum would be no use, but if the other is true there is a new player section i think, brb.

Edit:maybe try here at new player guides. https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/123-new-player-guides/

Edited by c3shooter
  • Cool 1

[RVNHQ]
Members
69 posts
24,654 battles
5 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

So I managed to grab 2 invite codes and a referral link from visiting the Iowa and the WoWs website.

The referral gives the usual Diana/Texas, and the 2 codes apparently give Marblehead, 3 days of premium, and 250k silver

Thanks.

If it is an invite code, I would think you would send it to a person you think, or know, who would like to play WoW's. If that is the case I would say send the code to the person by either text. or email. or some other private communication means.

I would also let them know in the communication, where to enter the code on the wow's site. Make sure you attach the referral link to the message as well.

Edited by swampwater77
  • Cool 2