Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Will Yamato be able to Rank Out?

13 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
8,925 posts
10,828 battles

Just wondering what the odds are of Yamato being able to be use to Rank out this season?

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
19,205 posts
17,569 battles

Anything is possible if you're stubborn and good enough.  Someone a while back Ranked Out in Indianapolis, one of the worst possible ships in the game.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles

Technically no.  cause you have to play tier8 up to rank10, and tier7 for rank1.

Otherwise, those i trust have said it completely viable for 9-2, what matters most is can you perform in her? And of course can you handle that many games in (only) her.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,593 posts
15,896 battles

Ranked has, in the past, been an exercise in persistence rather than skill; if you can hang you can ride it to the top rank.

[WOLF5]
Members
684 posts
23,955 battles
28 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

Technically no.  cause you have to play tier8 up to rank10, and tier7 for rank1.

Otherwise, those i trust have said it completely viable for 9-2, what matters most is can you perform in her? And of course can you handle that many games in (only) her.

Actually, it's T-VIII up to rank 10 then T-X to rank out. T-VII only comes into play if you want to continue playing for supercontainers. 

Edited by h9k_a

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
11,359 posts
8,084 battles

OP to be frank, you do this every season. You keep looking for that ship that will give you what you need to rank out. Its a bad perspective, sure some ships are better suited than others but if you can rank out you can rank out in many ships. Stop looking for the external factor and focus on your play and what you can improve to help you meet your goals. 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,925 posts
10,828 battles
6 hours ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

OP to be frank, you do this every season. You keep looking for that ship that will give you what you need to rank out. Its a bad perspective, sure some ships are better suited than others but if you can rank out you can rank out in many ships. Stop looking for the external factor and focus on your play and what you can improve to help you meet your goals. 

Lol I actually have found ships finally that work really well for me tiers 5-7, still lacking a good tier 8 DD Gunboat DD though which is a pity since those do particularly well in Ranked DD knife fights that frenqurntly end up happening. But otherwise tier 8 is all set. Tier IX Radar eqquiped Missouri does wonders lol, Tier X Yamato can and has carried battles, but still possess some weaknesses that might prevent her from achieving higher Ranks. If the Ranked Meta becomes X CV Heavy. X CVs + Small Ranked teams = epic disaster.

I love waking up before dawn to play WOWs and that sometimes results in teams being much smaller than normal at times. 6 surface ships grouped together for mutual AA support are no match for X CVs, they just manual drop and instant kill any ship they target and each ship that sinks only makes the CV stronger.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
15,978 battles

Last night I just went with the flow of the matches.

I played a lot of DD because I could not get enough good DD's on my team.

So I put my BB's on the sideline, but the Yammy can do it but you better be on top of your game each match.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,797 posts
21,011 battles

Just play good enough to be number 1 every match. My guess: DD will rank out faster then BB. Gearing/Z-52 will be one of the first.

Members
9,537 posts
11,898 battles

amagi works well for me in t8 even though I don't enjoy BB as much at least to r10.   fast, tanky with lot of firepower.    probably use hindy if I decided to go higher. 

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

of course you can rank out in a yamato, why wouldn't you be able to? if you're asking about best ship to rank out in either a DD or Hinden

Sign in to follow this