You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

She is so Purdy!

23 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,236 posts
10,899 battles

Varyag in the Pacific Squadron camo.

jsRjkLI.jpg

196s2oP.jpg

[POP]
Members
964 posts
11,260 battles
15 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

You should see the [edited]-end of an Asashio is all I have to say...

LEWD!!!

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

I have to agree. She is a gorgeous 3D model. They really did a superb job, right down to the tile floor visible through the gun port of the aft sponson.

If she ends up a Port Queen.... at least she's a "looker".

Members
3,175 posts
3,519 battles

Gratz. Can't help but think cigarettes sticking out of their box though.  

• Funny 1

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
1 hour ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

You should see the [edited]-end of an Asashio is all I have to say...

:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF9]
Members
1,481 posts
1 hour ago, Skarp_AGW said:

I have to agree. She is a gorgeous 3D model. They really did a superb job, right down to the tile floor visible through the gun port of the aft sponson.

But you are going to have to chain up St.Louis to keep it from humping the Russian boat in a dominance display. My Vampire and Campbeltown got an eyeful and are both traumatized.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Soya Varyag is a good looking bote. I took her out on a few Co-Ops and she dos'nt seem to be too bad though she still doesn't come anywhere near dethroning the king of tier 3... St. Louis! :Smile_izmena:

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

The Pacific Squadron camo makes me wonder why they didn't just make that her default, instead of the near-monochrome paint she's given in the "regular" one.

But yeah, got her today myself. She's not very good, even in Co-op.:Smile-_tongue:

[-AVA-]
Members
189 posts
9,528 battles
6 hours ago, Skarp_AGW said:

I will have her for as long as it takes me to convert her to a free port slot, thank you very much.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,184 posts
6,638 battles
13 minutes ago, syd_ said:

I will have her for as long as it takes me to convert her to a free port slot, thank you very much.

Maybe you're one of those players who can win her without breaking a sweat and don't mind throwing her away, but not all of us are like that.

She's a looker and she's fun in co-op, and she's a reward for my gameplay.

It's an interesting coincidence that the two premium ships I have won in-game are both Tier III and both have names starting with V - Varyag and Vampire. Come on, Wargaming: make it three for three and give us VANGUARD.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,236 posts
10,899 battles
9 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Soya Varyag is a good looking bote. I took her out on a few Co-Ops and she dos'nt seem to be too bad though she still doesn't come anywhere near dethroning the king of tier 3... St. Louis! :Smile_izmena:

She is no St Louis but she has enough speed to dance and depending on the situation either close or run away from the Inquisitor.

4 hours ago, syd_ said:

She is worth a heck of a lot more than $1.75 which is what a full priced port slot costs and you are throwing away a captain's trainer.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,184 posts
6,638 battles
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

you are throwing away a captain's trainer.

How many Varyag games do you need to play to retrain a 19 point captain? :Smile_teethhappy:

(I'm not knocking the ship. I like my low-tier Russians and I think she's perfect for their captains. Mind you, a 19 pointer configured anywhere near appropriately might well be a help to her.)

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

I'd love to see a low-tier scenario - yes, with commensurately small rewards - in which we could bring out some of these beautiful early ships without needing to worry overly much about whether they are competitive or not.  Varyags and Olegs and Emdens, oh my.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,236 posts
10,899 battles
46 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How many Varyag games do you need to play to retrain a 19 point captain? :Smile_teethhappy:

(I'm not knocking the ship. I like my low-tier Russians and I think she's perfect for their captains. Mind you, a 19 pointer configured anywhere near appropriately might well be a help to her.)

It is one less match as you double & triple dip the captains experience.

Edit: just got 2400 captain experience with her which is nothing to sneeze at.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,184 posts
6,638 battles
2 hours ago, Lillehuntrix said:

I'd love to see a low-tier scenario - yes, with commensurately small rewards - in which we could bring out some of these beautiful early ships without needing to worry overly much about whether they are competitive or not.  Varyags and Olegs and Emdens, oh my.

One Mikasa to rule them all, one Mikasa to find them

One Mikasa to turn her guns, and with 12-inch grind them.

• Cool 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

She is no St Louis but she has enough speed to dance and depending on the situation either close or run away from the Inquisitor.

Varyag's speed and maneuverability is pretty good for her tier. I don't think she's as sucky as some reviews have made her out to be. IMHO, she has potential. In a nutshell; She aint awesome but she aint bad either. I think that she's worth keeping.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,307 posts
20,165 battles
16 hours ago, Skarp_AGW said:

Say what you want to about Wargaming and the mechanics/gameplay of WoWS but the one thing they really excel at is rendering the ship models. They are all wonderfully done and the detail is amazing. I am always impressed with their artistic abilities. 

[BOATC]
Members
316 posts
8,509 battles

The real reason not to sell Varyag is that you might open one in a Christmas crate or supercontainer.