You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CLUCH_CARGO

AFK lottery

6 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

What is your guess as to when WG will drop the punishment as it stands today?

I say 0.7.7

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO

[STW-D]
[STW-D]
Beta Testers
113 posts
13,314 battles

I think they will work on the system a little more before they start handing out bans. I have seen a number of players complain about being in a game, getting dc and logging back on. Still in the same battle but now they are pink. so I would say give it about a month or 2 to make sure everything Is working how they want. then about a month 2 before they start nailing players. so 4 months is my guess.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,593 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

What is your guess as to when WG will drop the punishment as it stands today?

I say 0.7.7

You might be right, but my experience is that WoW has never been in a hurry to change things that are not costing them a noticeable amount of money, so I'm going to say about 7.9 or more.

I will say that I played a few games in co-op last night just to see how many pink and/or orange players there were, and I saw one pink in three games. Not a huge amount; I've seen more complaining than I have pink players.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

I'll split the difference between Umi and Cluch and say 0.7.8.

I said things would be crazy when it first came out. Kinda wish I was wrong.

I think at least you shouldn't be penalized if you log back into the same battle after a drop.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles
42 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

I said things would be crazy when it first came out. Kinda wish I was wrong.

I think at least you shouldn't be penalized if you log back into the same battle after a drop.

I think it was crazy before it was officially detailed. This is complaining as normal.  remember there is a thread out there that says the Emerald is OP and needs nerfed, or that Guilio needs a buff.

The rules are if you log in within a certain amount of time you dont go "afk" (this was the attempt to prevent issues for misc internet related drops)

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,985 posts
9,298 battles
36 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

I think it was crazy before it was officially detailed. This is complaining as normal.  remember there is a thread out there that says the Emerald is OP and needs nerfed, or that Guilio needs a buff.

The rules are if you log in within a certain amount of time you dont go "afk" (this was the attempt to prevent issues for misc internet related drops)

Yeah, but if the battle ends before you load in, your still screwed. My Taiho now yesterday morning loaded in around 6 minutes late, and my team was losing pretty handily though we managed to turn the tide and win. What if I never loaded? The previous battle I had loaded in 10 seconds early. Another one my screen went back after I apparently clicked battle with the loading circle and 2 chat tabs only, eventually went to login, log back in, a battles started, takes more time to load in, finally get in to do work. And I've seen others that load in after me because they show as still not connected when I finally get connected. And whatever it is, I have removed every possibility on my end short of I don't have the money for some band new super computer that if it screwed up on that would absolutely remove all possible doubt. This problem was fixed at one point by Wargaming, it then became unfixed. It's something on their end, in the game, the servers, something. Far from the only one with the issue. Other than crashes since being foolish enough to try Warplanes 2.0 made me install game center where I never really had those issues before.

No one should be afraid of a penalty because of a technical issue, let alone ones that may be on Wargaming's end. End of Story. Wish they would make chat work from the loading screen with how many times someones started ranting about my "AFK" ship when I'm actually sat at my keyboard watching a map and the team  board going back and forth screaming "load damn it, LOAD".  

If I thought Wargamig was actually listening and competent, which I don't given some of the changes, or lack thereof, the last year, they'd remove it by 7.5 if not that patch. If they remove it at all, maybe 8.0. Unless players suddenly stop paying for premium and start leaving as well, odds are they never remove it.