You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Citrusss

Prinz Eugen buff

22 comments in this topic

Members
1,150 posts
9,089 battles

Wow! That boat is now rocking! 

If before PE was a steady performer at par with Hipper somewhat below average even for tech tree ships now that tug shines! Tested it in ranked and I am totally amazed. Prior to this Kutuzov was my ship for ranked, now it is PE. 

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I was taking a break but I kind of want to use Prinz Eugen for ranked now..

Members
320 posts
2,719 battles

The buff seemed like one of the least justified buffs they could've done, the ships were incredibly good now they are bordering overpowered.

• Boring 3

Members
1,150 posts
9,089 battles
1 minute ago, manon45 said:

The buff seemed like one of the least justified buffs they could've done, the ships were incredibly good now they are bordering overpowered.

I respectfully disagree that they were incredibly good. Okay at most and in the hands of a good player. 

and Hipper is still a turd :Smile-_tongue:

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
22 minutes ago, manon45 said:

The performance metrics disagree, weather in the hands of a complete potato, average player, or super unicum they were second to last amongst T8 cruisers and one of the worst cruisers of any tier in the game. Only New Orelans was underperforming worse amongst T8 cruisers.

• Cool 1

Members
3,921 posts
8,427 battles

I bought the Eugen, noticed my WR was radically lower, and chastised by this, went back to the Hipper selling the Eugen.

I examine all new premiums with a close eye after that debacle. I want truly unique premiums like the Atago, Belfast, or Asashio, not a tech tree clone with some added frill.

[SEALZ]
Members
535 posts
5,899 battles
Just now, Stauffenberg44 said:

I bought the Eugen, noticed my WR was radically lower, and chastised by this, went back to the Hipper selling the Eugen.

I examine all new premiums with a close eye after that debacle. I want truly unique premiums like the Atago, Belfast, or Asashio, not a tech tree clone with some added frill.

... did you really sell Eugen for credits

• Funny 2

Members
1,150 posts
9,089 battles
4 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I want truly unique premiums like the ... or Asashio, not a tech tree clone with some added frill.

I have bad news for you. Asishio is Kagero clone with a twist. Just like Eugen

Members
3,921 posts
8,427 battles
2 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

... did you really sell Eugen for credits

Yes, once I found out that my premium camo for the Hipper would stay as it was.

There is a really unfathomable thing about how a particular player meshes with a particular ship. The Hipper does far better for me than the Eugen. i went for the Eugen because... history.

I am happy for those that do well on her, it's entirely subjective.

Members
3,921 posts
8,427 battles
Just now, Citrusss said:

I have bad news for you. Asishio is Kagero clone with a twist. Just like Eugen

I never did this well on my Kagero first battle. But yes, time will tell.

Asashio.jpg.8c303be2dd06ea8733b9ebd9d2eaf6b1.jpg

[SEALZ]
Members
535 posts
5,899 battles
5 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

There is a really unfathomable thing about how a particular player meshes with a particular ship. The Hipper does far better for me than the Eugen. i went for the Eugen because... history.

Ok dude, I’m just saying selling a premium ANY premium for in game credits is a waste

• Cool 1

Members
3,921 posts
8,427 battles
Just now, Usedcarjock said:

Ok dude, I’m just saying selling a premium ANY premium for in game credits is a waste

And exception proves the rule ok, um dude?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,388 posts
12,745 battles
10 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

On the bright side then Hipper did a lot more than Eugen did.

[SEALZ]
Members
535 posts
5,899 battles
2 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

And exception proves the rule ok, um dude?

I’m just saying from experience. I sold Perth for credits, and I regret that decision heavily. Not because it’s a good ship per day but because the trade off of doubloons to credits just isn’t worth it. But again that’s your decision to make

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I played 10 battles in ranked tonight driving Lo Yang and did pretty good, got to rank 15. I saw a few PEs in those battles and they did pretty good, good enough to convince me to try out PE in Ranked tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Members
3,921 posts
8,427 battles
6 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

I’m just saying from experience. I sold Perth for credits, and I regret that decision heavily. Not because it’s a good ship per day but because the trade off of doubloons to credits just isn’t worth it. But again that’s your decision to make

Yes that's fair. I doubt that will happen again.

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
3 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Here is Prinz Eugen. I couldn't find one of him in the buff, sorry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Eugene_of_Savoy#/media/File:Prinz_Eugene_of_Savoy.PNG

Thanks for that. It was a great read. Prinz Eugen was the real deal. an old-school European professional soldier. A campaigner of the first order.

I had always assumed the ship was named for some stuffy Imperial relation. It is interesting to see that it was named for a truly outstanding military "personality". 

All three ships of the class, Admiral Hipper, Blücher,  and Prinz Eugen were named for real fighters.

Edited by Skarp_AGW

[WOLF9]
Members
3,703 posts

Yep- brought out Eugen for the first time since the buff- and ended up topping my team and earning more than 9500 xp in a Ranked game!   That heal is awesome!

Even better, I pulled off an epic dodge of torps I never even saw until they were past me.  (Benson was behind me scrapping with ours, while trying to work close to our Richelieu.)   Lol- I was just trying to dodge torps and shells from the Red Eugen in front of me!    He ate my torps, and got citted through the bow for good measure.

No doubt, Eugen is a lot more fun to play now.

It did not, however, fare so well in non-ranked games last night.   Tier 10's were out in droves, and BB's outnumbered everything else...