Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

SE or BFT on Akizuki?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,202 posts
3,156 battles

I'm having a hard time chosing between these skills. Should I go for the extra 2800 health? I'm not interested in Superintendent because I find the other skills to be far more valuable. Which one would you pick first? I have an 11 point commander (I moved the old one to a more important ship because he had 16 points) so I have to make some touch decisions right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,472
[HYDRO]
Members
2,840 posts
4,592 battles

If its a question just between these two skills then Survivability. Personally I would save the points for IFHE or CE depending on which you are lacking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,376
[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,762 battles

SE. Gives you a bigger boost vs other destroyers than BFT, and also lets you run AR more effectively (which you should take on Akizuki).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,202 posts
3,156 battles

I want to go with PT/LS/(either BFT or SE)/IFHE first, then CE, then AR, and finally BFT or SE. I have to pick one before IFHE, which IMO is more important to have before CE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,994
[RLGN]
Members
10,099 posts
19,494 battles

Akizuki doesn’t have the maneuverability for survival expert to have any meaning. Too slow, turns like a slug, too long. Torpedoes won’t care, and you won’t live long enough for it to matter if another destroyer or bigger ship sees you first and is ready for you.

A better focus would be on things that keep you from being seen in the first place; things that swat pesky flies; and anything else that helps you ambush and machinegun other destroyers to death before they even get the CHANCE to fight back.

2 minutes ago, Cruiser_StLouis said:

SE. Gives you a bigger boost vs other destroyers than BFT, and also lets you run AR more effectively (which you should take on Akizuki).

et al...

Akizuki shouldn’t be straight up brawling other destroyers in the first place; it should be ambushing and stabbing them in the back mercilessly.

6 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I have to pick one before IFHE, which IMO is more important to have before CE. 

Why would anything else be more important to an Akizuki than CE?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,380 posts
6,109 battles

PM, LS, SE, CE, IFHE, EM(personal preference, not the most optimal choice on her), SI.

I don't have enough for SI yet, sitting on 17 points at the moment. But I'm definitely going SI over BFT. Aki can't run so an extra speed boost is worth it in my opinion, and a 4th smoke charge should help as she's a bit better at finding a good spot and smoke shooting ships for damage and area denial. And if I don't have to pay for an extra TRB consumable, that's better. Akizuki is one of the more expensive DDs to run if you use premium consumables.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,994
[RLGN]
Members
10,099 posts
19,494 battles
13 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

...and a 4th smoke charge should help as she's a bit better at finding a good spot and smoke shooting ships for damage and area denial...

Ahhh... the days before removal of OWSF; when Aki could sit out in the open and annoy GkFs and other such to no end...

14 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

...And if I don't have to pay for an extra TRB consumable, that's better. Akizuki is one of the more expensive DDs to run if you use premium consumables.

Isn’t that the truth... :cap_fainting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
229
[STW]
Members
696 posts
4,983 battles

image.thumb.png.a02cbb2740245ebe1a3d958deeec325f.png

This is what I run on the Aki, but I'm debating on switching to PT from PM since I spend so much time shooting outside of smoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,202 posts
3,156 battles
57 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Why would anything else be more important to an Akizuki than CE?

CE is really important, I will get it after I get IFHE, because without IFHE akizuki's HE can't pen the hulls of destroyers or the superstructures of many ships. 

 

6 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

image.thumb.png.a02cbb2740245ebe1a3d958deeec325f.png

This is what I run on the Aki, but I'm debating on switching to PT from PM since I spend so much time shooting outside of smoke.

This is the exact build I'm going for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
974
[NMKJT]
Members
3,613 posts
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Why would anything else be more important to an Akizuki than CE?

I really think you need a 14 point commander with CE and IFHE as an entry point for Akiziki. I don't know I would say that about any other ship, but you need stealth and your HE shatters on a lot of DDs without IFHE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,994
[RLGN]
Members
10,099 posts
19,494 battles
31 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

CE is really important, I will get it after I get IFHE, because without IFHE akizuki's HE can't pen the hulls of destroyers or the superstructures of many ships. 

This is the exact build I'm going for. 

Nothing wrong with that; I’d bet it fits how you play better than what I’ve been using.

25 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

I really think you need a 14 point commander with CE and IFHE as an entry point for Akiziki. I don't know I would say that about any other ship, but you need stealth and your HE shatters on a lot of DDs without IFHE

Was using Akizuki AP to kill things long before I ever worried about IFHE; GkFs, Gearings, didn’t matter; shot them all up or sank them.

AP was Aki’s ammo of choice until OWSF went away. I did respec for IFHE; but still use AP when the opportunity presents itself...

...sometimes wonder if players have forgotten that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×