You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

A DD torp trick I keep falling for

10 comments in this topic

Members
421 posts
2,175 battles

They send the 1st wave of torp. Normally I'd assume they are reloading all their torps. And the fact that they are turning 180 confirms that. But nope, they are just maneuvering. They turn around, fire the 2nd and some times the 3rd wave. 

Because no DD needs to turn around to fire torps on the other side, so naturally I assume they are out and reloading, so I march in ready to broad side and then return back to head on and brace for another wave. Bad idea, they haven't done yet.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

The majority of DDs have the amount of launchers, so "roughly" you can figure out how many waves of torps to expect.

If there's ever a doubt, always go bow on.

They're less likely to hit. :Smile_honoring:

[PLPT]
Members
930 posts
8,203 battles

Another trick I love is to fake a torp drop by either 1) visibly going broadside or 2) in a gunboat pausing my gunfire and switching to torps and back.  Usually this tips off your opponent who then maneuvers to avoid the assumed torps.  Then they have committed to a new course, and it’s time for the real drop... :fish_viking:

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
10,033 posts
19,426 battles

Sampson, Smith, Campbeltown, Wickes, Clemson, and Nicholas all need to 180 (more or less,) in order to launch all their torps.

• Cool 1

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
4 minutes ago, n00bot said:

Another trick I love is to fake a torp drop by either 1) visibly going broadside or 2) in a gunboat pausing my gunfire and switching to torps and back.  Usually this tips off your opponent who then maneuvers to avoid the assumed torps.  Then they have committed to a new course, and it’s time for the real drop... :fish_viking:

I do this as well. :Smile_honoring:

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
7,892 battles
8 minutes ago, n00bot said:

No. Absolutely not. No DD ever does this.  This is flat out impossible, and any person saying that this is done is lying to you.

DD players are completely guileless, and furthermore, their pathetic little ships would blow up if they tried something as devious as this.

( @n00bot - please report to the ready room. You fellow DD players will be waiting to administer the proper punishment for betraying us. What's next? You let them in on the WASD hack? For shame! )

• Funny 2

[O_O]
Members
5,003 posts
11,226 battles
1 hour ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Because no DD needs to turn around to fire torps on the other side...

Well, except for...

20 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Sampson, Smith, Campbeltown, Wickes, Clemson, and Nicholas all need to 180 (more or less,) in order to launch all their torps.

^ Yeah, that.

[WOLF7]
Members
221 posts
4,090 battles
32 minutes ago, EAnybody said:

No. Absolutely not. No DD ever does this.  This is flat out impossible, and any person saying that this is done is lying to you.

DD players are completely guileless, and furthermore, their pathetic little ships would blow up if they tried something as devious as this.

( @n00bot - please report to the ready room. You fellow DD players will be waiting to administer the proper punishment for betraying us. What's next? You let them in on the WASD hack? For shame! )

DD máfia cant allow information like this to be released. Deserves the walk of Shame.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,663 posts
24,393 battles
47 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

And Mahan

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,585 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Because no DD needs to turn around to fire torps on the other side

Not true; the list is above where I got Ninja'd!

1 hour ago, n00bot said:

It also helps to switch from guns to torps and back again, which gives those players using Priority Target a quick flicker which they determine is my launch. When I turn the torps back on I just leave them on, even after I fire, so they don't know if I have or not. It also helps if you can guess the angle you need to shoot at without actually targeting the ship you are shooting at; that way he never even knows he's being targeted.