Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
w4spl3g

WG: wth Happened to the Shopping Cart?

10 comments in this topic

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

People begged for it for ages, it was finally implemented and has apparently been removed since the last time I went to try to use it. wth? I want all the bundles with my Asashio, why do you make it so damn hard to buy crapwithout getting your card shut off by bank fraud prevention?

[WOLF9]
Members
8,759 posts
4,140 battles

No, many people never saw it at all (like me).  I'd love to use it, but it's not there.

If you're worried about the 250 Doubloons for every $10 spent bonus, you don't need the cart.  WG will aggregate the total and give out the Ds on May 4.

Re: the CC, I use mine through Paypal.  The bank never sees the actual transaction, as far as I can tell.

Edited by iDuckman

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
21 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

No, many people never saw it at all (like me).  I'd love to use it, but it's not there.

If you're worried about the 250 Doubloons for every $10 spent bonus, you don't need the cart.  WG will aggregate the total and give out the Ds on May 4.

Re: the CC, I use mine through Paypal.  The bank never sees the actual transaction, as far as I can tell.

I must have missed the 250 per $10 thing, that's cool. I exclusively use PayPal and have had my card shut off multiple times when buying stuff from WG in this game and never anywhere else. My bank said it was because WG's transaction processor named Accenture had a lot of associations with fraud. It's usually off for DAYS when this happens and I have to wait for some Falcon fraud prevention or something to call me and then I have to approve the transactions as valid and they turn it back on. My bank (credit unions) offers no way to turn that crapoff.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
20 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I must have missed the 250 per $10 thing, that's cool. I exclusively use PayPal and have had my card shut off multiple times when buying stuff from WG in this game and never anywhere else. My bank said it was because WG's transaction processor named Accenture had a lot of associations with fraud. It's usually off for DAYS when this happens and I have to wait for some Falcon fraud prevention or something to call me and then I have to approve the transactions as valid and they turn it back on. My bank (credit unions) offers no way to turn that crapoff.

My credit card companies questioned me the first time or so that I used WG, but, they don't hassle me.  They just send me a text anytime they need to verify it's legit for international transactions (which these are, via Nicosia, Cyprus).  If your bank keeps locking you up on these even after talking to you, they're a bunch of lazy gits who don't want to help you.

Edited by mavfin87

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

My credit card companies questioned me the first time or so that I used WG, but, they don't hassle me.  They just send me a text anytime they need to verify it's legit for international transactions (which these are, via Nicosia, Cyprus).  If your bank keeps locking you up on these even after talking to you, they're a bunch of lazy gits who don't want to help you.

It used to be a private thing and they wre awesome. Then they went public, changed their name, and it's been going steadily down hill :cap_old:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,585 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, w4spl3g said:

People begged for it for ages, it was finally implemented and has apparently been removed since the last time I went to try to use it.

WoW has a tendency to "lose" things with every new patch; like the old MM promise that ship classes would be spread evenly between both teams, which lasted about one complete patch before it disappeared. Life is hard ... ?

[4HIM]
Members
2,217 posts
6,501 battles
1 hour ago, mavfin87 said:

I cancelled my CC I had been using after the third time they locked my card for this.  Now I just use Karma Koin when I can. Some bundles you can't use that payment, so I just have to let those pass.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,759 posts
4,140 battles
2 hours ago, w4spl3g said:

Well, I haven't made multiple purchases in a short period through PP using a card charge-though. 

But you can also transfer $$ directly to PP from the bank and pay out of the balance.  Then there are no CC transactions.  Anything left in the PP account can be transferred back to your bank at the end of the week.

Good luck.

• Cool 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
Just now, iDuckman said:

Well, I haven't made multiple purchases in a short period through PP using a card charge-though. 

But you can also transfer $$ directly to PP from the bank and pay out of the balance.  Then there are no CC transactions.  Anything left in the PP account can be transferred back to your bank at the end of the week.

Good luck.

That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this