You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

So you say there is no such thing as a Kill Steal, eh?

157 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
11,405 posts

RnGesus is always the final determinator of who gets the kill. 

Sometimes he smiles on you, sometimes he drops yellow rain on you.....:Smile_teethhappy:

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
15,568 battles

Ya' hate to see 'em going around gravely wounded and sufferin' like that... best to just put 'em out of their misery :cap_cool:

Members
3,924 posts
8,465 battles
10 minutes ago, awiggin said:

RnGesus is always the final determinator of who gets the kill. 

Sometimes he smiles on you, sometimes he drops yellow rain on you.....:Smile_teethhappy:

I have proposed elsewhere that "kills" should go to the ship that inflicted 80%+ HP damage upon said ship. It's pretty obvious isn't it?

And yes this is directed at that pussilanimous crowd of edge-hugging BB cowards who like to lob at long range (and miss) and then sail in when their team is up 5+ ships an score some kills--"lookit that we won and I killed 4 ships!" (yes the 10% HP red ships your team worked hard up front to reduce for you to kill. Feck this noise).

• Boring 3

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
266 posts
9,982 battles

I once killed a dd with a shell that did 1 damage. I felt bad so I apologized. Granted, it was at like 2000 hp when I started shooting...

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,943 posts
8,379 battles
4 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I have proposed elsewhere that "kills" should go to the ship that inflicted 80%+ HP damage upon said ship. It's pretty obvious isn't it?

I propose it goes to the person that lands the killing blow.  You know, so you don't get idiots spreading their damage around because they want to game the system instead of securing the win by finishing off what needs killing.

• Cool 16

Members
3,924 posts
8,465 battles
Just now, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I propose it goes to the person that lands the killing blow.  You know, so you don't get idiots spreading their damage around because they want to game the system instead of securing the win by finishing off what needs killing.

How about some sort of compromise? Killing some ship with 5% HP is surely no great exploit compared to reducing it's HP 80%+?

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,372 posts
10,928 battles
20 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

crVpab1.jpg

That is still not kill stealing although it sucks for the person that left those two points. You will secure kills like this and other people will do the same, it all works out in the end.

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
9,943 posts
8,379 battles
Just now, Stauffenberg44 said:

How about some sort of compromise? Killing some ship with 5% HP is surely no great exploit compared to reducing it's HP 80%+?

How about people Git Gud and realize that dealing 80% or 95% of the damage does not mean you were good enough to kill the ship in question.  If you want the rewards, finish it off.

• Cool 9

[WOLF7]
Members
11,405 posts
6 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

And yes this is directed at that pussilanimous crowd of edge-hugging BB cowards who like to lob at long range (and miss) and then sail in when their team is up 5+ ships an score some kills--"lookit that we won and I killed 4 ships!" (yes the 10% HP red ships your team worked hard up front to reduce for you to kill. Feck this noise).

Sorry, but if the game is supposed to be about winning, then who secures the kill shouldn't really matter that much, unless you're more worried about your personal stats, than winning the game. 

And your idea basically leaves cruisers out in the cold for kills, since BB's will generally do the most damage....Stop worrying so much about personal stats, it's as much of a problem in this game as the snipers....:cap_hmm:

• Cool 4

Members
3,924 posts
8,465 battles
3 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

How about people Git Gud and realize that dealing 80% or 95% of the damage does not mean you were good enough to kill the ship in question.  If you want the rewards, finish it off.

Well it's what we do isn't it? Because the game system mandates it. I say adequately reward those who burn a ship down to almost nothing and stop giving priority to those who finish it off--or some sort of compromise, Really this concept is not hard to understand...

PS I really detest this mantra of "git gud" on here.

Edited by Stauffenberg44

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Especially since my guns work just as well, if not better when I have 2 health left.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,372 posts
10,928 battles
7 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

This, that would be far too easy to game to the detriment of the team. Unlike in real life where a ship that is 80% damaged would have a very hard time staying alive let alone damage the enemy our ships are almost always just as capable at 1% health as at 100%. Besides except for kill missions who gets the kill has no meaning and even for those missions missing one is not world ending.

Members
3,924 posts
8,465 battles

Killing off the sailing wounded asap is not the issue, of course that is the priority. But how did that sailing wounded get to be so vulnerable? 80%+ hit damage you should get the kill. Period.

Edit: make it 90% if you prefer, let's negotiate.

Edited by Stauffenberg44

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
1 minute ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Killing off the sailing wounded asap is not the issue, of course that is the priority. But how did that sailing wounded get to be so vulnerable? 80%+ hit damage you should get the kill. Period.

Why, you let them escape. You still get the bulk of the experience, and are more likely to get confederate and high caliber.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,372 posts
10,928 battles

You didn't do the job and you get credits and experience based on the damage you did so you are not losing anything.

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,603 posts
2,491 battles

It shouldnt even matter who gets the kill, only thing kills reward is a possible kraken if its your 5 or some other achievements. The only way you can win matches in this game is by sinking other ships, and every kill benefits the team. 

Other then challenges and missions, theres no real reason for it. if the ship sinks, the ship sinks but it benefits the whole team regardless of who earns the kill.

[WORX]
Members
3,374 posts
14,753 battles

I agree with

2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Sorry, but if the game is supposed to be about winning, then who secures the kill shouldn't really matter that much, unless you're more worried about your personal stats, than winning the game. 

5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That is still not kill stealing although it sucks for the person that left those two points.

This idea of "kill steal" is toxic. This is where the players mentality is not in securing kills for the fleet, its for my stats. As long as you did the must DMG in your team and you did things not to benefit yourself but for the win of the fleet, you're rewarded. I blame RNG, nothing you can do there Cheers!

Members
3,924 posts
8,465 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

You didn't do the job and you get credits and experience based on the damage you did so you are not losing anything.

No just the odd Kraken because others killed off ships you almost totaled.

[WG-CC]
9,943 posts
8,379 battles
7 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Well it's what we do isn't it? Because the game system mandates it. I say adequately reward those who burn a ship down to almost nothing and stop giving priority to those who finish it off--or some sort of compromise, Really this concept is not hard to understand...

PS I really detest this mantra of "git gud" on here.

You get rewards exactly for what you've done -- you hoover up credits and experience for dealing 75% / 80% / 95% of the damage.  But you do not get the bonus rewards for the kill unless you land the kill shot.  You're not being penalized here -- you're being given exactly what you deserve and have acquired through your own skills and decision making.

• Cool 5

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,532 posts
14,672 battles

I have seen too many low health (one as low as ONE...low as you can get and still live) ships survive and either come back and make the difference in a win...or in the case of a DD with 2 health....have just enough time to get off that last torpedo spread that can turn the tide.

Members
3,924 posts
8,465 battles
6 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

You get rewards exactly for what you've done -- you hoover up credits and experience for dealing 75% / 80% / 95% of the damage.  But you do not get the bonus rewards for the kill unless you land the kill shot.  You're not being penalized here -- you're being given exactly what you deserve and have acquired through your own skills and decision making.

I can see both sides of this argument, but really, I have often sent compliments to ships who inflicted huge damage to ships that others finished off. They got the damage credit,  sure, and that is fine. Killing off asap near dead ships is fine that goes without saying. I am suggesting that more merit is due to those who inflict 80-90%+ damage to a ship that others finish off.

I mean, doh!

Edited by Stauffenberg44

[WG-CC]
9,943 posts
8,379 battles

I can see both sides of this argument, but really, I have often sent compliments to ships who inflicted huge damage to ships that others finished off. They got the damage credit,  sure, and that is fine. Killing off asap near dead ships is fine that goes without saying. I am suggesting that more merit is due to those who inflict 80-90%+ damage to a ship that others finish off.

And that's fine.  That's a social construct, not a game-mechanic.  There's an enormous danger in incentivizing the wrong kind of behaviour.  Why should anyone bother wasting time finishing off a low health enemy when they could damage someone hale and healthy for more credits and experience?  Sure, it might win you games, but playing an Air Superiority spec'd CV does the same with very little reward for it. 

Currently, a kill is worth approximately 15% of the ship's HP (if I'm remembering the number correctly).  So even if a ship is at 1% health, it's ALWAYS worth launching a full volley of battleship caliber, long reloading guns at a low health target because the rewards are worthwhile. 

• Cool 1