Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
herecomesabigboat

crashed at least 12 times

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

35
[RVNHQ]
Members
69 posts
24,672 battles

I played a number of pc games on my old macbook pro. What I did was to run windows through bootcamp on the mac. Had zero issues, and all it cost was for a copy of windows. It was far cheaper than buying a pc just to play the games. Plus it was good for accessing other pc only programs. 

And that macbook is still being used by my other half. It is running windows 10 pro with no problem and it is a 2014 macbook

Edited by swampwater77
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,848
[RKLES]
Members
8,922 posts
10,828 battles
32 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Aaaaand theres yer problem. Don't play on a mac, problem solved.

Mac has some of the best Graphics power on the market, that is why they often are used fir advanced CGI jobs for movies and games. They can handle the graphics, problem is Microsoft’s last hope is trying to hang onto gaming and I suspect they make contracts with gaming companies to make game be Windows based.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,504
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,203 posts
10,893 battles
7 minutes ago, swampwater77 said:

I played a number of pc games on my old macbook pro. What I did was to run windows through bootcamp on the mac. Had zero issues, and all it cost was for a copy of windows. It was far cheaper than buying a pc just to play the games. Plus it was good for accessing other pc only programs. 

For now Bootcamp is the best option for Mac users but Apple is going to stop using Intel CPU's so that option is likely gone. Besides if you can afford a Mac you should be able to afford the $800 or so for a PC. :Smile-_tongue:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[RVNHQ]
Members
69 posts
24,672 battles
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Mac has some of the best Graphics power on the market, that is why they often are used fir advanced CGI jobs for movies and games. They can handle the graphics, problem is Microsoft’s last hope is trying to hang onto gaming and I suspect they make contracts with gaming companies to make game be Windows based.

I like Intel/Windows they made me much money helping people keep them running. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[RVNHQ]
Members
69 posts
24,672 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

For now Bootcamp is the best option for Mac users but Apple is going to stop using Intel CPU's so that option is likely gone. Besides if you can afford a Mac you should be able to afford the $800 or so for a PC. :Smile-_tongue:

 

At one point before the mac workaround for warships, I thought that wargaming was working on it's own version. Has anyone heard anything regarding wargaming doing this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,504
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,203 posts
10,893 battles
4 minutes ago, swampwater77 said:

At one point before the mac workaround for warships, I thought that wargaming was working on it's own version. Has anyone heard anything regarding wargaming doing this?

I have no idea if they still are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[RVNHQ]
Members
69 posts
24,672 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I have no idea if they still are.

Thanks. It was over a year ago, and I had not thought about it till now. Was just wondering if someone from Wargaming could answer that question though. It would be a nice way to get more players in the game if they would do a stable Mac port of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,813 posts
9,678 battles

Hey

I got a similar if not the same message around 7:15 pm (Montana time) 4/27/18.  

I had a game crash in which said critical error and that Microsoft was notifying Wargaming of the issue (windows 10) and I had to close it; was able to reboot game and get back in but was dead by that time.  Never seen this message on a game crash before.  Wish I had took a screen shot of it.

 

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,813 posts
9,678 battles

Hey

What is going on with this game?  I have crashed like 4  times in the last 3 days, twice today, once in coop and 1 on random, each saying the same as before.  The last time was a T10 game and I was 90% health in my GK, by the time I got back in, I died shortly thereafter and lost over 114K credits because of it.   This is really getting old and we don't hear anything about what is happening.  I have posted the critical error message several times before but obviously it's still happening and I'm not the only one.  For me it started with this last update but it's getting old.

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles
On 4/27/2018 at 3:08 PM, herecomesabigboat said:

i have gotten this crash at least 12 times, causing me to get banned for match dodging, so that sucks.  I am on a new iMac

unnamed.jpg

No easy answer here, my last bout of crashes turned out to be a bad plug in bar that would cause the game to crash just seconds into  a match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×