Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dross3x3

Ships that fire or launches torps while invisible

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

8
[USA1]
Members
33 posts
13,598 battles

 I have a problem with ships that are allowed to be invisible even when your ship is so near that you can ram them if seen and able to fire or launch torpedoes at such close deadly range.

 Is there any one else with this concern...do not chime in with the lame excuse of ships camouflage, it do not wash when you are less than a kilometer away!!! Your input is required in hopes we can rectify this matter!

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
177
[WAG]
Members
571 posts
9,344 battles
2 minutes ago, dross3x3 said:

 I have a problem with ships that are allowed to be invisible even when your ship is so near that you can ram them if seen and able to fire or launch torpedoes at such close deadly range.

 Is there any one else with this concern...do not chime in with the lame excuse of ships camouflage, it do not wash when you are less than a kilometer away!!! Your input is required in hopes we can rectify this matter!

The lowest detection range of any ship I am aware of is around 5km on open water. Even in smoke, detection range is around 2km. Not sure how you can get within ramming distance without seeing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,314
[NERO]
Members
3,623 posts
9 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

The lowest detection range of any ship I am aware of is around 5km on open water. Even in smoke, detection range is around 2km. Not sure how you can get within ramming distance without seeing them.

Really bad graphics card maybe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
856
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,840 posts
5,181 battles

2km (3km I think with the Target Acquisition upgrade) is assured detection range, even in island and hard cover if you're within 2km you'll both be spotted.  Smoke range spotting is also 2km but certain ships (non DD's) when firing from smoke will have an increased detection range (but not their maximum gun range).  If you're going up against a smoke cloud you can increase your odds by activating the hydro-acoustic search module or radar if your ship has it equipped.  Keep your bow or stern pointed at said cloud as well because natural spread of torpedoes means you might get away with one hit on the nose instead of three or more which will happen when you move in at an oblique or broadside angle. 

Edited by vonKaiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,493
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,993 posts

Even if you have a mountainous land mass between you and the other ship..   2KM is instant detection..  PERIOD

With captain skill, it increases to 3KM.

The only thing preventing it is if the ship is dead.

 

Also be advised there are burning wreckage ships on a few of the maps...   Yeah..  I don't detect them - or the low tier map planes either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,820
Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Over 8k battles at this is something you didn't know? :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,133
[WORX]
Members
3,270 posts
14,695 battles

I really don;t know what he is refering to either but I agree with

21 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

2km (3km I think with the Target Acquisition upgrade) is assured detection range, even in island and hard cover if you're within 2km you'll both be spotted.  Smoke range spotting is also 2km but certain ships (non DD's) when firing from smoke will have an increased detection range (but not their maximum gun range). 

 

10 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Even if you have a mountainous land mass between you and the other ship..   2KM is instant detection..  PERIOD

With captain skill, it increases to 3KM.

The only thing preventing it is if the ship is dead.

 

Also be advised there are burning wreckage ships on a few of the maps...   Yeah..  I don't detect them - or the low tier map planes either.

 

44 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

The lowest detection range of any ship I am aware of is around 5km on open water. Even in smoke, detection range is around 2km. Not sure how you can get within ramming distance without seeing them.

Since you hang around tier 7  and tier 8.  Not even the best ninja IJN DD can do what you have stated

50 minutes ago, dross3x3 said:

 I have a problem with ships that are allowed to be invisible even when your ship is so near that you can ram them if seen and able to fire or launch torpedoes at such close deadly range.

Not to sound harsh, but its seems to me to be human error on your part and hats off to the ninja DDs that sink you from point blank range at those tiers.  CHeers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,565
[WOLF7]
Members
11,361 posts
12 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Over 8k battles at this is something you didn't know? :Smile_sceptic:

I can only upvote this once.....:Smile_sad:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,630
[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,211 posts
7,205 battles
1 hour ago, DustRhino said:

The lowest detection range of any ship I am aware of is around 5km on open water. Even in smoke, detection range is around 2km. Not sure how you can get within ramming distance without seeing them.

Tachibana has the highest rating, and can go to 4.7km

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,054 posts
509 battles
2 hours ago, Wulfgarn said:

Over 8k battles at this is something you didn't know? :Smile_sceptic:

n8NeJj2.jpg

2 hours ago, awiggin said:

I can only upvote this once.....:Smile_sad:

Bq5IZS5.gif

Spoiler

KyJb4MY.gif

Spoiler

m6MSH6L.gif

Spoiler

JdQO0qj.gif

Spoiler

b7zYCaw.gif

 

 

Take what you need....

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[USA1]
Members
33 posts
13,598 battles

Thanks for all of your inputs, even the ones that claim "not to know what I am talking about". I do enjoy playing the game but it cease to be fun when ships appear so close without being detected  and able to fire on you so abruptly. When this do happen I turn off WOWS and go play something else, no I will not mention what. However I do believe that cloaked ships, invisible ships or what ever you wish to refer to them as should not be allowed to fire while cloaked on ships that are so close that they could be rammed if ship was heading for them.

 Once this happens to you, you will understand the frustration a number of us endue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[USA1]
Members
33 posts
13,598 battles

 From the response that I have received it is obvious that the collective judgement is I have a crappy system!!!

If this is the case I should seriously consider not playing WOWS in the future!

Thank you all for you comments but there were no solutions other then what I stated above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×