Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Will we see USS Portland and a member of the Northampton class?

11 comments in this topic

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles

I believe they'd be good additions to the game. Portland was among the most decorated US ships of WWII with 16 battle stars, the same number as New Orleans. As she was built earlier, she'd fit at Tier 7 like her sister Indianapolis. The Northampton class were slight improvements of the Pensacola class but with one less gun, and could fit at Tier 6. As for which member of Northampton class to include, I would say Chicago because she had the most battle stars out of the sisters.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,549 posts
6,407 battles

If you wish to see Portland in the game, you can go through the game files and rename your Indianapolis Portland, there's tutorials on the forums. Instead of hoping that WG will release another clone of an existing ship, this would be less costly both to yourself, and to the players that are not interested in another clone.

The Northampton class, again, is too similar to the preexisting ships to justify their release. not a lot of players will fork over a substantial amount for a tier VII premium that plays more or less identical to Indianapolis. I doubt WG will spend the resources and man-hours for this.

Instead of all these, WG should get more unique premiums, I would like to nominate USS Witchita, making her a tier 7 premium, that instead of having radar as a gimmick, she shall receive the same guns as Baltimore at the expense of a longer and more fragile hull. Having the same slow and heavy shells as Baltimore will prepare the players for the ergonomics of high tier US premiums better than the Indianapolis, which still have relatively fast shell speeds.

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles

Unfortunately I don't have the Indianapolis, I didn't get it when it was on sale. So.... Guess I can't have a Portland for now. As for the Wichita, I'd also like to see its inclusion because it is a unique heavy cruiser. How are the guns and shells different in terms of penetration and muzzle velocity compared to Pensacola and NOLA and Indy?

Members
832 posts
10,704 battles

Portland would make sense if it was earnable like PoW or Shino.  A special event if you will.  Northampton is a definite T6, which we desperately need seeing as how there’s another freakin USN T7 coming our way.  We don’t NEED anymore T7 USN Cruisers for crying out loud!

[JSG]
Members
1 post
129 battles

The Sweat Pea is probably one of the most awesome crusiers in WWII. Why not make this instead of "other clones".

[EQRN]
Members
889 posts
10,936 battles

USS Houston would be nice.  Similarity to other ships never stopped WG, see Marblehead/Murmansk, Omaha clones.

Members
22,302 posts
5,778 battles

If it floated, it'll be in here eventually. Heck, even if it was merely discussed by a couple drunk naval officers, it'll be in here eventually lol.

[_-_]
Members
1,745 posts
3 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

USS Houston would be nice.

Oh hell yes.

Since we already have a slew of ABDA/Asiatic Fleet ships (Perth, Boise, Marblehead, Vampire, Exeter on the way) the Houston would be a natural.

Sign in to follow this