You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Deputy276

"Steam" Anshan bundle???

23 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
2,187 posts
5,187 battles

Been waiting for this ship to go on sale again like forever. Now I see it and it says "Steam" Anshan Bundle. Does that mean it's ONLY available if you are on Steam...which I am NOT? Or is this some weirdo Steam Hype being put forth by WG? I don't want to drop the $$ on it to find out it's unusable without being on Steam.

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

Nope it's good for everyone, just bought 3 out of the 4 bundles. A WG mod stated it's just bad naming of the bundles.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
2,187 posts
5,187 battles
2 minutes ago, Praxz said:

Nope it's good for everyone, just bought 3 out of the 4 bundles. A WG mod stated it's just bad naming of the bundles.

THANK YOU sir!!!! WG needs to poopcan that merchandiser immediately and CHANGE the wording.

Edited by Deputy276

[BBP]
Members
341 posts
5,791 battles

I might be a little bit insane to do this but I just sold my Anshan so I could re-buy it with this deal.  

So basically for $10 I got a 6 point PA captain, 1500 doubloons, and 2.75 million credits (sale price of the original Anshan).  

• Funny 2

[WOLF7]
Members
11,366 posts
13 minutes ago, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

I might be a little bit insane to do this but I just sold my Anshan so I could re-buy it with this deal.  

So basically for $10 I got a 6 point PA captain, 1500 doubloons, and 2.75 million credits (sale price of the original Anshan).  

???:Smile_facepalm:

You know you would have gotten the dubloon value of the ship had you bought it without selling the old one...right?????

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
11 minutes ago, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

Well if you had bought it, while still having it, you would have been paid the ship price in doubloons, instead of credits (with the 1,500 comes to over 5,000 doubloons)

Members
5,201 posts
9,061 battles
15 minutes ago, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

Ya dun goofed.

Spoiler

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT
  • Funny 1

[BBP]
Members
341 posts
5,791 battles

Wow I sure did...  Oops

I can still do that deal with the Texas.

Edited by _MiDKnighTx_
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
2,187 posts
5,187 battles

"Steam Bundles". Geez that is totally screwed up to advertise them that way.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,366 posts

1 minute ago, Deputy276 said:

"Steam Bundles". Geez that is totally screwed up to advertise them that way.

They are working the Steamers now.....they've gotten most of the old players money already....:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF7]
Members
11,366 posts
5 minutes ago, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

Wow I sure did...  Oops

Happens, at least it was a dirt cheap deal, we've all wasted $10 in worse ways....:Smile_teethhappy:

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
5 minutes ago, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

Wow I sure did...  Oops

Felt pretty bad when I read your post, but at least you still had a net gain.

• Cool 1

[BBP]
Members
341 posts
5,791 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Happens, at least it was a dirt cheap deal, we've all wasted $10 in worse ways....:Smile_teethhappy:

Yep.  I got a good deal instead of a fantastic one...

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,593 posts
15,896 battles
28 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Did someone say "BEER?"

[PLPTS]
Members
771 posts
15,102 battles

gonna do it with the $5 Ishizuchi bundle. $5 worth of doubloons and free port slot

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,793 posts
4,986 battles

At $35 total for all four of 'em (and I have three of the ships already), I'm with Tugboat here.  Ship slots, commanders, doubloons for days and a Graf Spee?  Square deal!

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Members
91 posts
4,421 battles

Outstanding bundles. Spent $9.99x3 and got over 15k of doubloons. Now I'm buying the Lo Yang and Fletcher Permacamo and having many many doubloons to spare. I love today. 

[INTEL]
Members
7,063 posts
28,893 battles

Nice idea. Didn't know. Got them all already but a bunch of gold and a captain for $9.99? Done!

Thanks for the tip.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,587 battles

WG skimped on hiring a communications/pr/risk management manager. Paid too much money to their art team probably, hohoho.

People also should remember econ 101 and the concept of "opportunity cost". Just because something's on sale, doesn't mean you should buy it. You should buy it if you were going to buy it before the sale.

Edited by NeutralState

[WOLF9]
Members
8,784 posts
4,145 battles
2 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Just because something's on sale, doesn't mean you should buy it. You should buy it if you were going to buy it before the sale.

I've almost pulled the trigger on Texas before. so it will be hard to reject this deal.  Graf Spee fills a need for a T6 KM cruiser.  They chose the ships for these deals well.

One should also remember Econ 101 and evaluate the potential sale for actual value, ignoring the "discount".  I bought Ishizuchi not because I wanted a sister to Myogi <ptui> but because of the rest of the bundle.  There's $10 worth of goodies even if the ship wasn't included.

[PVE]
Members
2,187 posts
5,187 battles
On 4/27/2018 at 12:27 PM, awiggin said:

They are working the Steamers now.....they've gotten most of the old players money already....:Smile_teethhappy:

Man, you are probably right! :Smile_teethhappy: BTW...the "Itchyzuchini" is actually a pretty fun ship and can earn some decent credits, even at that level. I got the Anshan and I enjoy it. It's as good as the regular tree tier 6 and it has that Free XP bonus too. Plus standard torps. Definitely worth what WG is charging for it. I been wanting it for a long time and I get it on sale. Pretty cool. :Smile_glasses: