Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awiggin

How to promote winning...

7 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
11,372 posts

It's easy...simply pay out zero xp and credits for a loss...problem solved....:Smile_coin:

And yes, this would solve the I don't care attitude in the game, but it would also bring player numbers down to WOWP status....:Smile_teethhappy:

Pick your poison kids....:Smile_hiding:

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,032 posts
6,255 battles

It already happen remember? Stock Service Fees? Battleships still play the same. :Smile_child::Smile_hiding:

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts

But, that would cause thought, awiggin...for many their brains would explode from the strain!

Seriously, though, this is no different from the hardcore vs casual arguments that I've seen in various MMOs and other games for the past fifteen to twenty years.  Some people think that everyone should play a certain way because they say so, or that it's the 'best' or most efficient way.  Many other people don't care what they say, and find fun in another way, and also accomplish their objectives, and then there's yet another population doesn't have a clue and doesn't care.

Edited by mavfin87

[WOLF5]
Members
1,997 posts
2,752 battles

I think the XP should take into account distance moved in battle. Yeah the RN cruisers wouldn't be happy, but they're not even real ships. Although the USN standard BBs might take a bit longer to grind...:Smile_hiding:

Kidding. Look, players are going to be players. If someone wants to camp, nothing is going to change that (well, maybe spontaneous detonation after 5 minutes of not moving). The game can only encourage behavior through rewarding the behavior we want players to exhibit.

Members
1,632 posts
13,966 battles

Think this suggestion would most likely promote “whining”, - nobody is playing the

game to lose right now

[MIA-P]
Members
662 posts
6,296 battles

Winrate is a zero sum game. If one person wins a battle, another automatically loses. There is no way of promoting 'winning' in general, only better play.

[PLPT]
Members
930 posts
8,229 battles
23 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

nobody is playing the

game to lose right now

I dunno, there’s plenty of times when I’m frustrated from work stress and just want to YOLO into a cap and ram something.  Ahh, that felt better.  Sorry team.  :Smile_hiding:

Then of course people judge me on my stats.  Oh well.

IMHO the answer is to provide a way to separate people who are trying from those who are casual, to ALWAYS have some kind of ranked/team play available instead of only during certain “seasons”. Just about every other game on the planet has ranked and non-ranked modes at all times.  wth WG?

Edited by n00bot

Sign in to follow this