Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Kudos to WG for Golden Week

16 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
6,123 posts
10,290 battles

Just wanted to throw out a pat on the back to WG for some excellent offers for Golden Week, most significantly the first time, long awaited discount on permanent camouflages.  The discount on IJN ships and 1/2 off ship modifications are just an added bonus.  And lastly, a 250 doubloon credit to every $10 spent in the Premium Shop.  I've already re-purchased the bulk of the mid-tier IJN ships that I sold to finish grinding out all my T10's and will be taking advantage of more of these discounts.

It honestly feels almost a good enough event weekend to be a WoWS birthday or something, but it's nice that it's here just because.  Thanks for the excellent discounts WG, and hopefully we see more events like this involving other tech tree lines as well.

download.jpg

• Cool 4

Members
1,634 posts
14,009 battles

I have to agree, nice to see a new group of offerings.  Do wish that tier 10 had been included in the perm camo sale, would have invested in 3 or 4 for some of my tiers 10s that are still naked, but not to be.

[USCC2]
Members
4,764 posts
10 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

I have to agree, nice to see a new group of offerings.  Do wish that tier 10 had been included in the perm camo sale, would have invested in 3 or 4 for some of my tiers 10s that are still naked, but not to be.

Could have something to do with the space camos that were just on sale. Many (inc. me) thought the 8000 doubloons was a steep price.

Imagine the kick in the teeth if WG then said 'you know that 8000 you spent - well take a look at the normal camos at half the price with the same bonuses!'

Ouch!

Edit: Although maybe they will offer Tier X camos after a little while?

Edited by _WaveRider_

[WOLF9]
Members
8,811 posts
4,180 battles

What's with the "Steam Bundles"?  Anything to do with Steam?

Edit:  Best I can tell, nothing.

Edited by iDuckman

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The perm camo deals I can't find them @ discount  advertised price.

Where do I look? I want to buy the conq a perm camo and it shows in my port still 5000 doubloons

Never Mind I read it to be for only t5-9

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO

[INTEL]
Members
7,063 posts
28,893 battles

Permanent camo discount is for IJN only.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,834 posts
4,590 battles

Gotta say that between the controversies of Asashio and GZ, the lack of any premium additions in general, this was a good step in the right direction. WG is not absolved of its mistakes but at least shows a good image.

Regarding steam bundles, you gotta be playing the game through -you guessed it- Steam. When I logged in, they were available in the premium shop.

Edited by warheart1992

[-K-]
Members
6,123 posts
10,290 battles
18 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Permanent camo discount is for IJN only.

Not true.  Just confirmed on my Alsace that the permanent camo is on sale for 2000 doubloons.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,004 posts

Perma camo for the Ryujo, Hiryu, Nagato, and maybe a DD or two.

How does this Doubloon credit kick in?

EDIT:  OK I see....

You don't get the extra Doubloon payout until May 5th (week of specials are over)

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/get-some/

Edited by AVR_Project

[INTEL]
Members
7,063 posts
28,893 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Not true.  Just confirmed on my Alsace that the permanent camo is on sale for 2000 doubloons.

My bad then. When I looked earlier That's what II think I saw, as I was looking for Republique (have the other ones  I wanted already).

[-PVE-]
Members
129 posts
9,783 battles

Yep, WG found a way to get me to spend money. Hope they realize how well this works and continue the practice.

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

Gold Week indeed.

Netted over 10,000 doubloons buying two ships I already own for less than $10 each. (the bundles are NOT just for Steam players)

Many people have been waiting to buy the "historical": Graf Spee.... now they can get it for $10.

Many people have been waiting to buy the Anshan.... now they can get it for $10.

Asashio in the shop.

Perma-Camos on sale (Got one for my Mogami)

Varyag in the offing. :fish_viking:

Well done WG :cap_like:

[TF9]
Beta Testers
56 posts
2,483 battles

I wonder how many people from NA actually know what Golden Week is. It's a week starting from an end of April to early May in Japan containing a number of national holidays, almost like a spring break but its for both school and work alike. It doesn't affect me cause I'm in US but damn I miss these long holidays back in Japan.

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,709 battles
2 hours ago, Skarp_AGW said:

Many people have been waiting to buy the Anshan.... now they can get it for $10.

That's what I 'm waiting till payday for. Hope the sale is still up on the 3rd. did get 2500 doubloons for having the zucchini, so picked up camos for the Fubuki and the Akatsuki. + 2 slots and some free xp with the rest of the doubloons. WOOT WOOT! Thanks WG.!!!! :Smile_great:

Edited by InventedThought
Sentance structure

[-K-]
Members
6,123 posts
10,290 battles
2 hours ago, alexf24 said:

My bad then. When I looked earlier That's what II think I saw, as I was looking for Republique (have the other ones  I wanted already).

It's because T10's are excluded from this sale.  I overlooked that too at first.

Sad because those are the ships that most would buy them for anyway.  But still, something is better than nothing.  Maybe we will get T10 camo discounts for WG or WoWS birthdays.

Sign in to follow this