Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Giulio Ceasre...secondary build?

43 comments in this topic

Members
4,723 posts
7,765 battles

I bought her when she was offered. She has an OP win rate of 56%...one of the highest in the game.  Wonder if this will last. Anyway I just had a nice win in her and killed a cruiser at 14K and 2 other BBs at shorter ranges.  Have hardly played her in random.  Been playing Scharnhorst. Think I am gonna play her more now. Does anyone who has her recommend going with the secondaries upgrade or do you feel she is best at longer ranges?  Also any tips as to best way to play her in your opinion appreciated.  Tks

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
1,947 posts
9,940 battles

Her secondary range isn't all that great stock, and the rate of fire is't stellar either. You're probably best of going for a survivability and main battery focused build. Though, AFT really helps her AA too, so that's worth considering if you have spare points.

Members
320 posts
2,719 battles

Giulio is broken for many reasons. But I dont think the secondaries are threatening enough to even bother mentioning. Especially considering that giulio usually plays at fairly long ranges because it has extremely accurate guns and it can dodge anything thrown at it.

Members
4,723 posts
7,765 battles
11 minutes ago, Kingfishercritic said:

Her secondary range isn't all that great stock, and the rate of fire is't stellar either. You're probably best of going for a survivability and main battery focused build. Though, AFT really helps her AA too, so that's worth considering if you have spare points.

Tks. Have main battery build. Makes sense with her I do reckon.

Members
4,723 posts
7,765 battles
6 minutes ago, manon45 said:

Giulio is broken for many reasons. But I dont think the secondaries are threatening enough to even bother mentioning. Especially considering that giulio usually plays at fairly long ranges because it has extremely accurate guns and it can dodge anything thrown at it.

Warships Today has her at number 4 in win rate of ALL BBs in the game. 56% win rate. This is broken? Duh. Broken for many reasons?  Pls clarify. Rather mystifying statement to make IMO but have at it.

• Cool 1

Members
5 posts
3,730 battles

I don't think it is necessarily OP. All her great pluses are balanced by weak armor. If you don't angle well you will go down fast. Also, I believe one reason it has a such a high win rate on the server is the type of player that bought it when it was for sale. It is only T5, so I think many beginners overlooked it, and it was more appealing to the more experienced players looking for a low tier ship.

As far as build, I went for an AA build. It can do very well against low tier carriers, though not so well against T7. I think I knocked out 18 planes in my last battle, though I think it was against two T5 CVs. I think there tend to be more carriers at lower tier, so GC is more likely to go against weaker planes.

Edited by DinosaurTrain
  • Cool 2

Members
4,723 posts
7,765 battles
29 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Ich don't think so.

The Giulio is all about her guns, stealth and maneuverability.

Ok. You always have rational advice.  Carry on.

Members
4,723 posts
7,765 battles
8 minutes ago, DinosaurTrain said:

I really enjoy GC. I have a 60% win rate after 110 battles, though I don't think it is necessarily OP. All her great pluses are balanced by weak armor. If you don't angle well you will go down fast. Also, I believe one reason it has a such a high win rate on the server is the type of player that bought it when it was for sale. It is only T5, so I think many beginners overlooked it, and it was more appealing to the more experienced players looking for a low tier ship.

As far as build, I went for an AA build. It can do very well against low tier carriers, though not so well against T7. I think I knocked out 18 planes in my last battle, though I think it was against two T5 CVs. I think there tend to be more carriers at lower tier, so GC is more likely to go against weaker planes.

OK.  That AA build does look nice.  Gonna try that. Tks.

I checked bout the weak armor thing and from what I could see the only tier 5 BB with stronger armor in tier 5 is Kongo. And not a lot stronger. 

Edited by dmckay

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,441 battles
50 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I bought her when she was offered. She has an OP win rate of 56%...one of the highest in the game.  Wonder if this will last. Anyway I just had a nice win in her and killed a cruiser at 14K and 2 other BBs at shorter ranges.  Have hardly played her in random.  Been playing Scharnhorst. Think I am gonna play her more now. Does anyone who has her recommend going with the secondaries upgrade or do you feel she is best at longer ranges?  Also any tips as to best way to play her in your opinion appreciated.  Tks

dont do secondary. my opinion EM/AR, SI (for heal), CE, Fire Prevention, Viligance. with this build i have better PR and DMG then all my BB's till tier 10 (except for bretange but only played that once)

Members
4,723 posts
7,765 battles
4 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

dont do secondary. my opinion EM/AR, SI (for heal), CE, Fire Prevention, Viligance. with this build i have better PR and DMG then all my BB's till tier 10 (except for bretange but only played that once)

Rgr

[WOLF3]
Members
19,187 posts
17,556 battles

This is how she looks now with Tier V BBs.

4nGhuar.jpg

She was doing amazingly well before and she still is keeping it up with high stats.  When she came out she was averaging Tier VIII Battleship Damage Average, and she still is.

The interesting part is that she is still having an absurd performance level despite having a very high amount of battles played.  This isn't like Imperator Nikolai's numbers being held up by a small core of people doing well, inflating the stats greatly.  Caesar consistently pumps out a lot of battles, 30k for Tier V BBs, beating all the other BBs there except for Bretagne in the amount of action seen.  Usually when ships have high Battles Played, the stats tend to drift downwards.

As for Secondary Build, I avoided doing so with that ship.  Secondary Builds mean getting very close and that's not what this ship wants.  If you are in Secondaries Range, or trying to get in Secondaries Range, you're making it easier for other ships to take advantage of Caesar's worst quality:  Poor armor and citadel protection.  Trying to get in super close gives awful Battleships like New York a chance to dominate you easily.  NY/TX gunnery is awful, but if you get close, those guns are suddenly accurate and will punish Caesar.  You are sailing right into Konig's preferred type of engagements.  Etc.  If you are so close that secondaries are going off, getting yourself out of trouble and back into concealment becomes much harder.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
11,361 posts
23 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Warships Today has her at number 4 in win rate of ALL BBs in the game. 56% win rate. This is broken? Duh. Broken for many reasons?  Pls clarify. Rather mystifying statement to make IMO but have at it.

She is also the highest played tier 5 ship, ignoring the French BB grinders....:Smile_teethhappy:

She is sickly OP in a 4-5 match, stronk in a 5-6, and very competitive in a 5-7. Her only downside is her AA, but she dances so well, she can frustrate all but the best CV pilots.

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

Members
4,723 posts
7,765 battles
11 minutes ago, awiggin said:

She is also the highest played tier 5 ship, ignoring the French BB grinders....:Smile_teethhappy:

She is sickly OP in a 4-5 match, stronk in a 5-6, and very competitive in a 5-7. Her only downside is her AA, but she dances so well, she can frustrate all but the best CV pilots.

Tks.  Ya know I been seeing players diss her for her armor but as I said earlier the only tier V ship any stronger I could find is Kongo and her win rate is a lot less than Guilio.  Maybe I am missing something. Kongo is rated at 59 survivalbilty and Guilio is at 55. Not a big difference. 

Edited by dmckay

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,441 battles
9 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This is how she looks now with Tier V BBs.

4nGhuar.jpg

She was doing amazingly well before and she still is keeping it up with high stats.  When she came out she was averaging Tier VIII Battleship Damage Average, and she still is.

The interesting part is that she is still having an absurd performance level despite having a very high amount of battles played.  This isn't like Imperator Nikolai's numbers being held up by a small core of people doing well, inflating the stats greatly.  Caesar consistently pumps out a lot of battles, 30k for Tier V BBs, beating all the other BBs there except for Bretagne in the amount of action seen.  Usually when ships have high Battles Played, the stats tend to drift downwards.

As for Secondary Build, I avoided doing so with that ship.  Secondary Builds mean getting very close and that's not what this ship wants.  If you are in Secondaries Range, or trying to get in Secondaries Range, you're making it easier for other ships to take advantage of Caesar's worst quality:  Poor armor and citadel protection.  Trying to get in super close gives awful Battleships like New York a chance to dominate you easily.  NY/TX gunnery is awful, but if you get close, those guns are suddenly accurate and will punish Caesar.  You are sailing right into Konig's preferred type of engagements.  Etc.  If you are so close that secondaries are going off, getting yourself out of trouble and back into concealment becomes much harder.

Shes nearly t9/10 bb level of dmg

image.jpg

• Boring 1

Members
320 posts
2,719 battles
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Tks.  Ya know I been seeing players diss her for her armor but as I said earlier the only tier V ship any stronger I could find is Kongo and her win rate is a lot less than Guilio.  Maybe I am missing something. 

Kongo is not in any way stronger than a giulio, kongo has a much easier to hit citadel a much worse armor scheme and the guns are less accurate. Also kongo has an abysmally slow rudder shift, combined with the fact that kongos one advantage over other tier 5's is its speed it means your turning circle is going to be massive. Giulio despite having a bad armor value has an amazing armor scheme making it probably the best protected tier 5 BB of played competently.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,187 posts
17,556 battles
3 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Shes nearly t9/10 bb level of dmg

image.jpg

Either way, I think we can all agree she is doing stupidly well :Smile_glasses:  When some people like to point to a ship with so-so stats as OP, I just laugh and point to ships like Orion and Caesar.  Now, THOSE are some broken ships and the stats show it to be true!

Members
4,723 posts
7,765 battles
Just now, manon45 said:

Kongo is not in any way stronger than a giulio, kongo has a much easier to hit citadel a much worse armor scheme and the guns are less accurate. Also kongo has an abysmally slow rudder shift, combined with the fact that kongos one advantage over other tier 5's is its speed it means your turning circle is going to be massive. Giulio despite having a bad armor value has an amazing armor scheme making it probably the best protected tier 5 BB of played competently.

Ok.  Very interesting  Then why are all these responders crapping on her armor? 

[PLPT]
Members
930 posts
8,211 battles
38 minutes ago, dmckay said:

56% win rate. This is broken?

Just because there are 3 other BB’s which are more broken doesn’t mean GC is balanced.  56% is a landslide, statistically speaking.  For comparison, have a look at some of the 44% ships. Are they are also balanced?  Oh wait, there are ZERO ships as bad as 44% WR.

I love my GC but feel guilty playing it. 56% is stupid broken. 

Members
4,723 posts
7,765 battles
1 minute ago, n00bot said:

Just because there are 3 other BB’s which are more broken doesn’t mean GC is balanced.  56% is a landslide, statistically speaking.  For comparison, have a look at some of the 44% ships. Are they are also balanced?  Oh wait, there are ZERO ships as bad as 44% WR.

I love my GC but feel guilty playing it. 56% is stupid broken. 

Tks. :Smile_Default:

[WOLF7]
Members
11,361 posts
17 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Tks.  Ya know I been seeing players diss her for her armor but as I said earlier the only tier V ship any stronger I could find is Kongo and her win rate is a lot less than Guilio.  Maybe I am missing something. Kongo is rated at 59 survivalbilty and Guilio is at 55. Not a big difference. 

Well, she does have soft sides...but you're going to be punished for showing your broadside in any Tier 5 BB, so I don't see it as a big problem. Then you add seriously accurate guns, and cruiser like stealth and maneuverability, and you get the new king of Tier 5. :Smile_teethhappy:

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,441 battles
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Either way, I think we can all agree she is doing stupidly well :Smile_glasses:  When some people like to point to a ship with so-so stats as OP, I just laugh and point to ships like Orion and Caesar.  Now, THOSE are some broken ships and the stats show it to be true!

except orion got the ban hammer on her :////

Members
3,917 posts
8,402 battles
51 minutes ago, dmckay said:

+1 for you!

Edited by Stauffenberg44
  • Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
11,361 posts
46 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Personally I think the ship is even more OP than the stats show. WG gave her away by the metric ton to players that hadn't been playing, and sold her for dirt cheap. Which means to me that far more average/below average players are playing her, and still doing well enough not to drag the stats down. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Members
320 posts
2,719 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Ok.  Very interesting  Then why are all these responders crapping on her armor? 

because like I said it has a very low armor value, however the scheme makes it one of the best protected ships in its tier bracket, it just required smart angling and with the better than cruiser mobility you can easily angle your armor to shots, that is of course if for some reason you dont just dodge them completely.

Sign in to follow this