You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

To new Asashio owners

86 comments in this topic

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,527 posts
12,334 battles

Now that you have bought your Asashio, let us know how it's been going for you using it, screenshots are very welcome.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,527 posts
12,334 battles

In the game I just had the BB sat back, as expected, and the Asashio killed the 4 of them, admittedly our CV didn't bother to spot for them, but when they were spotted no one seemed to shoot at them.

[DAKI]
Members
658 posts
8,096 battles

I havent lost a game in it so far, but every game, most of the enemy bbs literally sat at the back of the map. I'm actually enjoying the kagero's spotting range more than anything and a few daka dakas here and there.

But it feels too niche to be considered op. Tho its fun punishing bbs sitting in base.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,201 posts
14,096 battles

When enemy cruisers and destroyers hunt you, your dead.

Torps are good and battleships are the same...

[SYN]
Members
15,265 posts
11,945 battles

Oh, I thought this would be a PSA about how your torps can't hit DDs or cruisers

[DRACS]
Members
4,331 posts

The funny thing is that the BBs that are camping way back in spawn are the ones who will be most brutally punished. Asashio is completely unable to contest a cap due to her poor gun rate of fire and inability to deal with destroyers and cruisers. Which means that the vast majority of Asashio players won't even try. Instead, they will run around the map and start picking off cowering battleships in their own spawn one by one.

• Cool 1

[RS]
Members
371 posts
15,647 battles

As a BB player I would ask that people now stop complaining about us sitting in the far back snipping. Moving up as long as there is one of these things on the other side is suicide.  I used to pride myself at being an aggressive BB player unafraid of tangling with a DD at close range. No more. I'm going to the back an putting lots of DDs and Cruisers between me and any potential enemy Asashio. Oh, and if I do manage to see one? It becomes the priority target. In fact if there is one on my team I'll happily let it sink.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
15,265 posts
11,945 battles
15 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

The funny thing is that the BBs that are camping way back in spawn are the ones who will be most brutally punished. Asashio is completely unable to contest a cap due to her poor gun rate of fire and inability to deal with destroyers and cruisers. Which means that the vast majority of Asashio players won't even try. Instead, they will run around the map and start picking off cowering battleships in their own spawn one by one.

That's not true.

Asashio has the same capabilities as Kagero and a well-played Kagero is quite annoying with its vision control in caps.

[AR15]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,736 battles
10 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

That's not true.

Asashio has the same capabilities as Kagero and a well-played Kagero is quite annoying with its vision control in caps.

The only capability this abortion has in relation to Kagero is spotting. Kagero can still cap brawl if it has to and clear smoke screens with torps. This thing? Lol nope. Better hope the smoke blob in the cap is something else Japanese and not Akizuki. 

I intend to fight cancer with cancer this weekend. Loading up the radar/Hydro ships and gunboats. And maybe 4/2/2 Hak, just to be a [censored]. 

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
9,803 posts
27,863 battles

Asashio is great. I love encountering them in real DDs. Easy damage and XP. 

[GLF]
Members
844 posts
11,395 battles
1 hour ago, Paulo2011 said:

Moving up as long as there is one of these things on the other side is suicide.  I used to pride myself at being an aggressive BB player unafraid of tangling with a DD at close range. No more. I'm going to the back an putting lots of DDs and Cruisers between me and any potential enemy Asashio. 

This is exactly what I want you to think!  Thank you!  

Its hard enough to get torps close at t8.  90% of my torpedoes don't even come close, another 4% are dodged.  This boat represents that 4% that was previously dodgable, now hitting something.   

Strangely BBabies seem to think that the mere presence of these torps will put more of them on target.  This is why IJN DD mains are laughing, because we've won the mental war with you, without any increase in effort, prediction, or luck.  

*EDIT* Nevermind this, no one cares if BBs stay back.  Thanks for correcting me, oh wise one.  

Edited by AnimaL21
Obviously, incorrect conclusion
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,468 posts
6,065 battles

If Asashio proves to be deadly to camping BBs, but not very effective against aggressive ones (like me) I will be only to happy to welcome our new Asashio overlords!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,527 posts
12,334 battles

I would like to see some screen shots of players who own one, and tell us how you found the BB players playing

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,980 posts
9,293 battles

Just encountered a red one in my Freddy. Down side is he got me with 4 torps because a cruiser, in a range it should be spotted, with no smoke, and spotted on the minimap, but not showing up despite shooting at me, distracted me. But my secondaries detonated him before his team could finish me. :cap_haloween:

Members
2,832 posts
5,850 battles

Its a little different as you have to FIND the BB's and track them and also LOOK for Open water areas for your spread of torps.  First battle out on Co-Op was like 225,000 damage.  I dunno if the BOTS KNEW I was a NEWBIE and ran into my torps but it was fun. LOL! After about three and went to Random and it got more fun.  I see more people had bought Asashio this morning as well.  But as I said the strategy is a little different and its a change.  I just have to make sure that when i torp its a ship that can be damaged not a ship which is immune..oh heck..fire away as long as its not a TK! LOL!

Edited by dionkraft

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,527 posts
12,334 battles
2 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Just encountered a red one in my Freddy. Down side is he got me with 4 torps because a cruiser, in a range it should be spotted, with no smoke, and spotted on the minimap, but not showing up despite shooting at me, distracted me. But my secondaries detonated him before his team could finish me. :cap_haloween:

I have to admit I chased one down ( if you call it chasing) in my Akizuki and simply gunned him down, he never even shot at me.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,468 posts
6,065 battles
1 minute ago, WanderingGhost said:

That's impressive considering what a steaming pile FdG is.  That ship made me quit the German battleship line.  Fortunately somebody convinced me to Free XP past it to GK. . . which is my dream Tier 10 BB as it turns out.

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,140 battles
1 minute ago, TheDreadnought said:

If Asashio proves to be deadly to camping BBs, but not very effective against aggressive ones (like me) I will be only to happy to welcome our new Asashio overlords!

I’d imagine you’ll be the one more likely to survive mate rather than the guys trying to get into the next map on the redline. It seems there’s always an excuse to sit back and snipe. I’d you’re with your destroyers and cruisers they’ll spot the torps heading for you and have time to WASD hack.

[LOS]
Members
634 posts
9,471 battles
6 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I would like to see some screen shots of players who own one, and tell us how you found the BB players playing

I've had 4 or 5 games.  I've landed a total of 16 hits, all of them on BB's that were on the move.  None were stationary.  My hits were at 12 -18km.  I'm a below avg. player, but playing DD's are my favorite.  It's a fun boat!

World of Warships 4_27_2018 8_41_16 AM.png

Edited by Sinton

Members
46 posts
8,970 battles

Pan asian DDs

tier 8 : 0.7km detection 4.9 second reaction time

tier 9: 0.8 km detection 4.7 second reaction time

tier 10: 0.8km detection 4.5 second reaction time

Asashio: 0.9km detection 5.2 second reaction time

baBBies keep crying about Asashio but these torps are easier to dodge than the pan asian, especially since they were likely launched so far away you could park a broadside yamato in between them and not get hit.

after a week or two of confirmation bias everyone will move on to the next pseudo tragedy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,980 posts
9,293 battles
7 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

That's impressive considering what a steaming pile FdG is.  That ship made me quit the German battleship line.  Fortunately somebody convinced me to Free XP past it to GK. . . which is my dream Tier 10 BB as it turns out.

It really does feel like the "Fredo" of the German line so far (only play I have in the 10 was the space battles we just had where I loved it), but, it's useful...ish. 

[PIZZA]
Supertester
949 posts
21,318 battles

3 battles so far and there can be no doubt that this dd requires skill.  In the third battle, only 2 bb's and no cv so had to re think strategy and ended up killing a amagi that moved up too soon and a dd that smoked up and shot torps too soon....I charged his smoke and ended up killing him with guns.   Had a second asashio with me and we each had two kills and a cap. This dd is NOT the end of the world as LWM has said many times.  But it sure is a helluva lot of fun to play.

image.thumb.png.65203631c1a68fa271f219740d20c0bf.png

Edited by BaronVonTom

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,576 posts
5,345 battles
1 hour ago, Paulo2011 said:

As a BB player I would ask that people now stop complaining about us sitting in the far back snipping. Moving up as long as there is one of these things on the other side is suicide.  I used to pride myself at being an aggressive BB player unafraid of tangling with a DD at close range. No more. I'm going to the back an putting lots of DDs and Cruisers between me and any potential enemy Asashio. Oh, and if I do manage to see one? It becomes the priority target. In fact if there is one on my team I'll happily let it sink.

Actually, you are safer pushing against one of these instead of sitting in the back...

• Bad 1