Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Plaatduutsch

50% Off Tier 5-9 Permanent Camo—What Did You Buy and Why?

28 comments in this topic

[HE]
Members
538 posts
9,176 battles

I bought permoflage for my Pensacola, Fuso, and Queen Elizabeth.

The QE historical camo looks way nicer than the snowy camo I’ve got, and I really enjoy this ship...my most played B.B.!

The Fuso camo looks so bad [aas], and I used to play Fuso a lot.

I bought for my Pepsi because I love to play this ship!:cap_win:

Edited by Plaatduutsch

[HE]
Members
538 posts
9,176 battles

In addition, Cleveland camo looks like a good buy

you get Tier 8 and 6 camo after the split. 500 Doubloon for 4000 worth of camo

The issue is that T8 permanent camo is not worth the money, because most people would not want to pay for getting bottom tier.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles

I'm free-to-play, but I have enough won doubloons for a Tier 6 permacamo. Needless to say, it goes on the Cleveland.

From there I must decide whether to splash out and pay money to this game for the first time to equip my other T6 to T8 ships. With Ranked beginning tonight, the Varyag mission needing a 20K XP haul, some premium time won (including the FTP compensation) and IIRC a bonus XP weekend, it's a good time to consider it.

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,175 battles

Nothing, because I don't need such things when I have plenty of captain XP, FXP and Credit boosting camo just sitting in my inventory.

[HE]
Members
538 posts
9,176 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm free-to-play, but I have enough won doubloons for a Tier 6 permacamo. Needless to say, it goes on the Cleveland.

From there I must decide whether to splash out and pay money to this game for the first time to equip my other T6 to T8 ships. With Ranked beginning tonight, the Varyag mission needing a 20K XP haul, some premium time won (including the FTP compensation) and IIRC a bonus XP weekend, it's a good time to consider it.

This game is playable with free account, but you may miss the opportunity and time.

It took me more than 2000 battle to get my first Tier X shimakaze when I was free to play, and I failed to finish the mission to unlock free Kamikaze because I I did not have premium account. 

If you plan to spend $$, get premium account first

Edited by Plaatduutsch

[HE]
Members
538 posts
9,176 battles
Just now, MrDeaf said:

Nothing, because I don't need such things when I have plenty of captain XP, FXP and Credit boosting camo just sitting in my inventory.

Fair point. I mainly buy for their looks. You can install mods to change the look, but iam just too lazy

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

Ikr

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

That's my take on it too.  If I have a ship worth spending 500-1000 doubloons on then it's probably already elited - what good is the extra EXP?  I am actively grinding a bunch of ships and somehow still have 47,000,000 credits too, so what good is that?

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles
9 minutes ago, galspanic said:

If I have a ship worth spending 500-1000 doubloons on then it's probably already elited - what good is the extra EXP?

Getting her captain to 19 points? Generating XP convertible to free? Both?

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Boring 1

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Right.  The first one can be done with flags  or premium ships (which I prefer since they can do multiple captains) and the second one seems ridiculous since I already have millions of floating EXP that I won’t spend cash to convert.

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

I bought the perma-camo for my Mogami. 

I did it mainly for the looks.

Gotta hand it to WG. Perma-camo sale linked with a doubloon sale disguised as a ship sale, is a stroke of genius.

I spent more today than I have since Xmas.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles
2 minutes ago, galspanic said:

The first one can be done with flags  or premium ships (which I prefer since they can do multiple captains)

Flags run out, and not everyone has a mid-high tier Premium. For the free-to-play crowd, doing enough of the right missions sufficiently well should have given some of them enough for at least one camo. Given the benefits to be gained from putting it on the Cleveland under the current (or rather, pending) circumstances, I'll take it any day.

My Cleveland is very much NOT elited right now, and things are only going to be worse when she gets up to Tier VIII.

[WAG]
Members
713 posts
9,719 battles

That is a good deal, but I feel guilty when I play a ship that only has a 50% XP bonus (tiers 5-8 permanent camo). I have around 1,200 single use came left, so I have plenty (not including type 1,2 and 5). As it is I mostly play my premium ships, or those that already have a permanent camouflage I earned through game. The Tier 9 are the best deals, but I hardly play them. Maybe for the Lyon?

[BUOY]
Members
329 posts
9,484 battles

Bought permas for all the ships I'm currently grinding and didn't have already (MN St. Louis, Z-23, Hatsuharu, Gadjah Madah), otherwise got the New Orleans (didn't get the free perma) and Pensacola for the line split, Lyon, Mogami and Roon because those are seriously fun ships and lastly Amagi since it's the only T8 BB I didn't have the perma for and I plan on playing her in ranked.

[UEFN]
Members
856 posts
15,997 battles

Only Tier 10 ships worthy of getting permanent camo for me, usually that's the tier i could lose credits, especially the Yamato and Montana.

[HE]
Members
538 posts
9,176 battles
4 hours ago, Xcalib3r said:

Only Tier 10 ships worthy of getting permanent camo for me, usually that's the tier i could lose credits, especially the Yamato and Montana.

True, but $1 is small amount of money

[HE]
Members
538 posts
9,176 battles
5 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

Bought permas for all the ships I'm currently grinding and didn't have already (MN St. Louis, Z-23, Hatsuharu, Gadjah Madah), otherwise got the New Orleans (didn't get the free perma) and Pensacola for the line split, Lyon, Mogami and Roon because those are seriously fun ships and lastly Amagi since it's the only T8 BB I didn't have the perma for and I plan on playing her in ranked.

How did you buy camo for ships you don’t have?

[UEFN]
Members
856 posts
15,997 battles
39 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

True, but $1 is small amount of money

it would make grinding easier with premium camo, especially for tier 7~9. 

Wish they have tier 10 perm camo onsale!

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

Akizuki, it has a 19 point captain already and I don't need to burn better camos on it anymore.

Fletcher, still grinding Kappa commander for it but it's a good boat and I will definitely use it once it gets there.

There are others I would have bought but I either already bought or already have a better alternate for like the Halloween ones.

[UEFN]
Members
856 posts
15,997 battles
1 minute ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

this is poop.  just last night i got Cleveland and Baltimore camo's  lol. 

you can try to contact their customer service for to revert/refund, only 1 day apart they may do it for you.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,633 posts
7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Most players have 100's if not more 1 shot camos that provide much greater boosts...and captain training is for premiums....:Smile_teethhappy:

And converting xp is not really good for the game, when you see people using it to bypass low tier and learn nothing.....unless of course you like the high tier targets...:Smile_glasses:

Only ships I would buy it for are 8-9, with the huge dubloon discount you can get right now if you have Texas, Anshan, Graf the actual cost is less than 1/4th the price...If I played 8-9 much, it might be worth it.

Edited by awiggin

[HE]
Members
538 posts
9,176 battles
19 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

you can try to contact their customer service for to revert/refund, only 1 day apart they may do it for you.

No, I tried. 

Sign in to follow this