Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sinton

Asashio over rated or over powered

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

264
[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,354 battles

You decide.  My 1st mission in her w/ supplied 10 pt Cpt.  Can't wait til he's 19 pts.  Muwha haa haaa!!!

On an eco-fiendly note, I like to think that the 3 BB's I put on the sea floor will be enjoyed by future digital divers.  

World of Warships 4_27_2018 8_41_16 AM.png

World of Warships 4_27_2018 8_41_26 AM.png

World of Warships 4_27_2018 8_41_42 AM.png

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
366
[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
8,910 battles

It was just released....
Please, don't join the bandwagon of the benighted.

No one can tell, objectively, if something is overpowered until a large enough sample size is available. Good luck getting a large enough sample size considering it just went live. Heck, good luck getting a large enough sample size until a few months pass at the very least.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,397
[RKLES]
Members
12,456 posts
14,182 battles
6 minutes ago, zarth12 said:

It was just released....
Please, don't join the bandwagon of the benighted.

No one can tell, objectively, if something is overpowered until a large enough sample size is available. Good luck getting a large enough sample size considering it just went live. Heck, good luck getting a large enough sample size until a few months pass at the very least.

 

Yeah even the weakest of ships can get the highest of scores it’s first battle if the player happened to get very lucky. But if the results continue across most users and over the course of a month or so then a ship can be judged overpowered or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[HE]
Members
567 posts
10,817 battles

Over rated. 

It will work best on CN server for large # of B.B.players

it will work slightly better than average on NA/EU servers because the BB population is not as big

it will NOT work on SEA server, because BB population is too small and you usually have 10DDs per game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,261 posts
7,142 battles

The issue with the Asashio really isn't that it's overpowered. It's that it's a stupid concept for a ship that will promote stupid gameplay. 

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
264
[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,354 battles
6 minutes ago, zarth12 said:

It was just released....
Please, don't join the bandwagon of the benighted.

No one can tell, objectively, if something is overpowered until a large enough sample size is available. Good luck getting a large enough sample size considering it just went live. Heck, good luck getting a large enough sample size until a few months pass at the very least.

 

You're right to a degree.  Me?  I love torps at a distance,  Watching boats at range, modifying solution by trying to anticipate the other Cpt.'s behavior, letting a salvo fly and watching it to completion.  I just got 2 hits on a Conqueror at 18 km without using TRB.  This will be a wonder in the right hands.  2 red DD's took me out, but this thing is great fun.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,049
[SIM]
Members
4,726 posts
7,770 battles

It’s both overrated and overpowered at the same time, the mark of eksellunt gaem desighn. 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,228
[SYN]
Members
3,680 posts
21,441 battles
26 minutes ago, SuzutsukiKaiNi said:

I think mine doesnt work. should i be off not spotting and capping? I just suck

 

 

It worked ok in our game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,323
[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

I think the only thing we can say for sure is that it's divisive. 

I for one just bought it and can't wait to play it. Of course that'll have to be later in the weekend since I'm traveling for my sister's birthday, but hey priorities. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
546
[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
4,583 battles
47 minutes ago, Sinton said:

You decide.  My 1st mission in her w/ supplied 10 pt Cpt.  Can't wait til he's 19 pts.  Muwha haa haaa!!!

On an eco-fiendly note, I like to think that the 3 BB's I put on the sea floor will be enjoyed by future digital divers.  

World of Warships 4_27_2018 8_41_16 AM.png

World of Warships 4_27_2018 8_41_26 AM.png

World of Warships 4_27_2018 8_41_42 AM.png

Hahhahahah I will be taking my cv's out everytime I see Ashiao just because I am sick and tired of premiums designed for one purpose only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,447
[CAST]
Members
4,898 posts
3,416 battles

If BB players go do their own thing away from the rest of the team, it'll be overpowered. 

If BBs sail with their team and use DDs and cruisers to screen, it'll be overrated.

This ship depends on keeping not only out of sight of everyone, but also depends on their torpedoes not being spotted ahead of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,327
[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,783 battles

This IJN Liberty ship with pew pew guns with only target with DWT

  • CVs
  • BBs

Meanwhile, cruisers and DDs are not affected. This to me is a total disrespect to the

  • principals
  • spirit
  • total game play of the IJN DDs line.

Must games cruisers and DDs can make up 3/4s of your opposition and only leaving 2 BBs or 2 BB and a CV. In those situations this junk DD is useless.  For all you braggers lobbying to get this Overrated ship with out the facts. Cut it out all ready. I will tell you this ship will be worse then the PA-DD line disaster. Cheers!

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
322
[NAM]
Members
2,151 posts
14,691 battles

Its over rated not over powered... WOOOO OP SUNK 3 BB's OMG SO SCARY. Yeh 3 BB's dont equal to 113k HP. Even if it was tier 6 BB's they would have been damaged first.

to finish off tier 10 BB's (from full health and not omg i got 3 kill steals) would be anywhere from 200-300 depending on the ship.

also no this ship is not OP. It can only do major damage to a single class in the game.. and cv's... how often are you going to launch torps at cv's?

Edited by JessieTheKitty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
271
[-BMV-]
Members
504 posts
18,149 battles
1 hour ago, Sinton said:

You decide.  My 1st mission in her w/ supplied 10 pt Cpt.  Can't wait til he's 19 pts.  Muwha haa haaa!!!

On an eco-fiendly note, I like to think that the 3 BB's I put on the sea floor will be enjoyed by future digital divers.

Too early to tell. Most players are still getting used to this new ship, so its not strange that the players get high damage games on the first days. Wait for a week and gather more data for a decent sample size. Only then the community can judge whether its broken or not.

 

Regarding your game, good job and congratulations.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
264
[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,354 battles
55 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Its over rated not over powered... WOOOO OP SUNK 3 BB's OMG SO SCARY. Yeh 3 BB's dont equal to 113k HP. Even if it was tier 6 BB's they would have been damaged first.

to finish off tier 10 BB's (from full health and not omg i got 3 kill steals) would be anywhere from 200-300 depending on the ship.

also no this ship is not OP. It can only do major damage to a single class in the game.. and cv's... how often are you going to launch torps at cv's?

At first blush the uneducated might even support your post, but here's the thing... at T9 and T10 many BB's can mitigate quite a bit of torpedo strike damage.  Asashio's torps hand out almost 21K damage but on Tier 10 BB's alot of that is  negated.  I am a way below average player, but I have been scoring above average hits on enemy BB's that are not hiding, but on the move and moving to contact.  If I can do it, anyone can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,441
[WOLF7]
Members
12,545 posts
3 hours ago, Sinton said:

You decide.  My 1st mission in her w/ supplied 10 pt Cpt.  Can't wait til he's 19 pts.  Muwha haa haaa!!!

On an eco-fiendly note, I like to think that the 3 BB's I put on the sea floor will be enjoyed by future digital divers.  

SNIP...

 

Considering the player base, does it really matter if it's OP or UP?:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
99
[KAG]
Members
451 posts
22,589 battles
3 hours ago, Sinton said:

You're right to a degree.  Me?  I love torps at a distance,  Watching boats at range, modifying solution by trying to anticipate the other Cpt.'s behavior, letting a salvo fly and watching it to completion.  I just got 2 hits on a Conqueror at 18 km without using TRB.  This will be a wonder in the right hands.  2 red DD's took me out, but this thing is great fun.

This is the point...did you win the game? So what you got 2 hits on a conquer from 18k away.  Did you cap, support your other DDs in a fire fight? Did you spot for your team? Did you smoke your radar cruisers? 

Or do you just sail to end line and “torp snipe” from 18k away? 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
264
[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,354 battles
8 minutes ago, shoy07 said:

This is the point...did you win the game? So what you got 2 hits on a conquer from 18k away.  Did you cap, support your other DDs in a fire fight? Did you spot for your team? Did you smoke your radar cruisers? 

Or do you just sail to end line and “torp snipe” from 18k away? 

No yes yes yes no no.  I had fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
262
[GC]
Alpha Tester
811 posts
3,870 battles

In games with a lot of big, dumb battleships, it's overpowered, because it is a hard counter to them. But it is useless otherwise.

Overall, is balance, comrade.

--Helms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
99
[KAG]
Members
451 posts
22,589 battles
4 minutes ago, Sinton said:

No yes yes yes no no.  I had fun!

And you lost. Winning is fun 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,835
Members
5,237 posts
5 minutes ago, shoy07 said:

And you lost. Winning is fun 

Winning is a great thing...but it's not the only thing. 

Sometimes you can have fun, even if you lost, if you did your best, and the rest of the team didn't make it work, or the other team kicked your [edited].  Sometimes you can have a winning streak, and it still feels like work, not fun.  And I play game to have fun.  I always play to win, but, it's a contest, and sometimes you don't get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
264
[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,354 battles
9 minutes ago, shoy07 said:

And you lost. Winning is fun 

 

3 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Winning is a great thing...but it's not the only thing. 

Sometimes you can have fun, even if you lost, if you did your best, and the rest of the team didn't make it work, or the other team kicked your [edited].  Sometimes you can have a winning streak, and it still feels like work, not fun.  And I play game to have fun.  I always play to win, but, it's a contest, and sometimes you don't get there.

Agreeing here with my main man Mavfin.  Winning is fun, but I'm a sub 50% WR player.  I have fun even when the TEAM loses but I did what I set out to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×