You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Art_Inugami

Under island Trops

19 comments in this topic

[MIA-I]
Members
10 posts
7,562 battles

Hi I just found a strange glitch/bug.    As I was coming near a Island I saw 2 torps near the opposite side, I noticed they were not stopping and went through the Island.   Can anyone confirm this and if you can give me the name of this map so I can give it a try on a test server. 20180427035300_1.jpg

[BB22]
Members
171 posts
26,948 battles
3 minutes ago, Art_Inugami said:

Hi I just found a strange glitch/bug.    As I was coming near a Island I saw 2 torps near the opposite side, I noticed they were not stopping and went through the Island.   Can anyone confirm this and if you can give me the name of this map so I can give it a try on a test server. 20180427035300_1.jpg

Looks like a cv drop.

Members
252 posts
992 battles

Yeah, this freaked me out the first time I saw it, too. CV dropped right next to the island lol.

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,175 battles

CV torp bombers

[MIA-I]
Members
10 posts
7,562 battles
3 minutes ago, ArgosRising said:

Yeah, this freaked me out the first time I saw it, too. CV dropped right next to the island lol.

It was probably the CV but no they were inside.  I just didn't take the screenshot in time

[TASH]
Members
5,091 posts
9,553 battles

Based on the spread of the torpedoes, it looks like a torpedo drop from the carrier, probably panicked by Defensive Fire.

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

I've seen TBs drop on land and have the torps emerge from the island. I have seen other times where torps just pass "under" an Island.

The first seems to be "working as intended". The second is just a glitch. Stuff happens.

[MIA-I]
Members
10 posts
7,562 battles
5 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

Based on the spread of the torpedoes, it looks like a torpedo drop from the carrier, probably panicked by Defensive Fire.

But there was no Ship in the area with Defensive Fire

[TBOW]
Members
1,808 posts
12,239 battles

Problem is the shape of the torp indicator in the water if you look closely they are triangular, those I thought were deep water torpedoes, or am I wrong on that.

[TASH]
Members
5,091 posts
9,553 battles
1 minute ago, Art_Inugami said:

But there was no Ship in the area with Defensive Fire

Then do you have a replay?

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
7,694 battles

Well since according to Wargaming Radio waves go through islands , torps and naval gunfire should too. I look forward to more of this.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
1 hour ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

It doesn't look like the torps are diverging. My guess is that the CV was pushing the limits, and the middle two torpedoes registered as dropping on the land.

[TBOW]
Members
1,808 posts
12,239 battles
14 minutes ago, Art_Inugami said:

I watched the replay can confirm Trops go through the Island from one end to the other 

Trops going though ISLAND-Chung-Mu_22_tierra_del_fuego Trop.wowsreplay

Have to watch for Chung Mu's and their transphasic deep water torps that can pass through islands.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,279 posts
8,627 battles

Skarp is also correct on the glitched torps, what I call "phantom torps".   Those do go under islands, and conveniently, through botes.  They'll keep sailing past the map borders and on to the next map.   I've seen them a few times.  Not sure why they don't disappear at the end of their range.   They just keep going and going.

[CAST]
Members
1,623 posts
8,141 battles

I actually saw torps come through an island in a game not too long ago.  I saw the DD torps coming past an island I was behind.  A couple of the torps were lined up with the island but they didn't stop at the island.  They came through uninterrupted.  Luckily they weren't lined up for my ship.  I don't know if they would have actually done any damage or if they were just a phantom representation of torps that actually stopped at the island.  Its not something you see everyday.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,737 posts
24,967 battles

Considering CV squadrons can just fly through islands as if they weren't there without having to turn to avoid them this doesn't surprise me at all.

I actually expected a thread about new Asashio benefit; "now your torpedoes ignore islands!"