You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_RC1138

Price Discount (Doubloons) for Permanent Camos

42 comments in this topic

[5BS]
Members
7,359 posts
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Is the Cleveland going to keep perma camo when she gets moved to tier 8,  if you buy it now?

Sub_Oct, in that Developer diary, said the split will be handled the same as the RUDD split. With that being the framework, last time, when you had a prem Camo on say, the T7 Kiev, when it was moved to T8 you got to keep the Prem Camo on the new T8 Kiev *but* you also got the new T7 DD's Camo as well.

So, that means if you buy JUST the Cleveland's Prem camo now, when the split comes, you'll get the new T8 Cleveland's Prem Camo + the Prem Camo for the new T6 CL.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,823 posts
9,443 battles

Looks I should get premium camo on Cleveland in anticipation of the USN CL split.

[SALVO]
Members
21,019 posts
21,094 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

Sub_Oct, in that Developer diary, said the split will be handled the same as the RUDD split. With that being the framework, last time, when you had a prem Camo on say, the T7 Kiev, when it was moved to T8 you got to keep the Prem Camo on the new T8 Kiev *but* you also got the new T7 DD's Camo as well.

So, that means if you buy JUST the Cleveland's Prem camo now, when the split comes, you'll get the new T8 Cleveland's Prem Camo + the Prem Camo for the new T6 CL.

Interesting.  I just don't know if the T8 Cleveland would be worth spending the 1k doubloons on now to get a perma camo on her both now and later.

[5BS]
Members
7,359 posts
7 hours ago, Reymu said:

Looks I should get premium camo on Cleveland in anticipation of the USN CL split.

Right now, the best bang for your buck, assuming you want to keep most of the new/old USN Cruisers, I suggest you buy the following and why:

T6 Cleveland: This makes a great deal of sense as it will render you, at a minimum, the new T8 Cleveland skin (thus saving you ~2500 doubloons) and the new T6 CL. Potentially, this may net you the T6 Pensacola as well as the last time, RU DD's, it was hard to see how same tier splitters worked.

T9 Baltimore: This makes sense because 1, It's a huge discount, but 2, it nets you the T8 and the T9 Skin for the price of *1* t7 Skin (2000 for two, where separately, undiscounted, would cost 7000 gold.)

That's all I can recommend; the *real* mystery is the T8 New Orleans Free Perm Camo; as it stands what happens to that camo? Does it get transferred to the Baltimore? Does it stay with the New orleans? Duplicate? IDK.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,823 posts
9,443 battles
33 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Right now, the best bang for your buck, assuming you want to keep most of the new/old USN Cruisers, I suggest you buy the following and why:

T6 Cleveland: This makes a great deal of sense as it will render you, at a minimum, the new T8 Cleveland skin (thus saving you ~2500 doubloons) and the new T6 CL. Potentially, this may net you the T6 Pensacola as well as the last time, RU DD's, it was hard to see how same tier splitters worked.

T9 Baltimore: This makes sense because 1, It's a huge discount, but 2, it nets you the T8 and the T9 Skin for the price of *1* t7 Skin (2000 for two, where separately, undiscounted, would cost 7000 gold.)

That's all I can recommend; the *real* mystery is the T8 New Orleans Free Perm Camo; as it stands what happens to that camo? Does it get transferred to the Baltimore? Does it stay with the New orleans? Duplicate? IDK.

If it follows the same pattern as the Russian DD split, premium camos purchased will be applied to the moved ship and its equivalent tier replacement. I was on Kiev in the old line when split happened, so I got free premium camo on Minsk since already had it on old Kiev.

Don't anticipate reaching Baltimore, still on Pensacola (about 15k XP, fully upgraded) and putting my XP buffs into Kagero, Z-46, Farragut, and Fushun while the 200% XP is around.

[AFW-]
Members
969 posts
7,537 battles
14 hours ago, Crucis said:

Exceptionally disappointing.  I have never purchased any perma-camo below tier 10.  There are so few keepers at lesser tiers for me.   If lesser tier (i.e. lower than tier 10) ship's perma camo allowed you to move captains into the ship like if they were premium ships, I might hop all over it.  But since I doubt this will ever happen, I'll have to think long and hard about whether I want to part with any gold for a lesser tier ship.

This. No point in paying for permacamo below tier 10.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,883 posts
46 minutes ago, zuga_01 said:

This. No point in paying for permacamo below tier 10.

Normally I would agree, but with the huge dubloon discount for the ship specials right now, I may actually buy the Alsace camo. 60% off dubloons + 50% off the camo means it's about $3 for it.....

Hard to not buy it for a good ship at that price.

Members
14 posts
1,830 battles

I'm on the fence about getting the camo for my Iowa. It's my only T9 and since I finally got the C hull the ship has come alive for me. Have people kept playing their Iowa even after unlocking Montana? Because I'm really leaning towards picking up that camo at the discount.

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
483 posts
6,504 battles
13 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

Your statement is incorrect, if you have the Cleveland's perm camo now, when the split comes, you'll get the new T8 Cleveland's Perm camo and the Perm Camo for the T6 CA (Pensacola).

Members
1,485 posts
8,679 battles
12 hours ago, Crucis said:

Interesting.  I just don't know if the T8 Cleveland would be worth spending the 1k doubloons on now to get a perma camo on her both now and later.

500 right now.  the tier 8 version is 3k normally.  plus you get the pepsi perma camo for free when it goes down a tier.   

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
19 hours ago, sansfaille said:

Would by buying permanent camos for the Budyonny, Cleveland, Mogami, Fiji. Share yours :)

Yea I picked up the Mogami camo (blue) as well. Also got Richleu, Alsace, Akizuki (blue), and Shiratsyu (blue).

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,940 posts
21,878 battles
20 hours ago, Crucis said:

Is the Cleveland going to keep perma camo when she gets moved to tier 8,  if you buy it now?

Yes. And you also get a camo for her replacement.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,915 posts
7,566 battles

Bought Cleveland Perma-Camo with won doubloons. Took her out and discovered the joys of 50% XP camo on 200% weekends with FPS-compensating Premium Time on top. :Smile_coin:

Took a swandive into the waters of paying for stuff and outfitted all my Tier VI-plus ships with permacamo too (except for Normandie, which already has its Ocean Liner camo). And an Ishi and a Spee while I was about it, because the Spee is a fascinating ship for all sorts of reasons and the Ishi was just so dirt cheap and seems like fun. 3K doubloon package plus what came with the Spee was enough to do it.

[NUWES]
Members
2,295 posts
7,276 battles
21 hours ago, Reymu said:

Yep. It was worthwhile before, it's pretty much a no-brainer now. 

[5BS]
Members
7,359 posts
8 hours ago, DanielLeary said:

Your statement is incorrect, if you have the Cleveland's perm camo now, when the split comes, you'll get the new T8 Cleveland's Perm camo and the Perm Camo for the T6 CA (Pensacola).

Wrong; it would be, if you look at how the RU DD split worked, you *would* get the T6 Camo for the *same* 'tree' ship; the Cleveland is going to the CL tree, the Pensacola will be the start of the *CA* tree; thus a T6 Camo owned for the Cleveland now will get dupped into both the new T8 Cleveland and the coming T6 Dallas. At the moment, there would be, again, using the RU DD split as a guide, no way to force ownership of a Pensacola skin from purchasing the skin of another ship; you could buy the Pensacola skin *now* but it would only net you both the Pensacola and the NOLA, not the Dallas + Hellena.