Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_RC1138

Price Discount (Doubloons) for Permanent Camos

42 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,836
[5BS]
Members
7,036 posts

For those interested, there is a Price Discount running for the weekend on Permanent Camos. For everyone's knowledge, at 50% discount for tiers 5 to 9, this is the approximate cost breakdowns and savings at a glance:

hJyw5Nq.jpg

EDITED with my more accurate price model

(Tier 5 = Tier 6 as the camo price at those tiers are both 1000 gold)

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,836
[5BS]
Members
7,036 posts
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Iirc it's only to t9 camos. 

4d42540a-7e0a-11e7-9cec-d89d6715223c.png

50% Off Regular Permanent Camo, Tiers V-IX

It's Tier V to IX. Although I feel like that's a typo given that there's only a few Tier V camos. Either way, the Tier V camos = the Tier 6 in price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
248
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
579 posts
12,245 battles
8 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

For those interested, there is a Price Discount running for the weekend on Permanent Camos. For everyone's knowledge, at 50% discount for tiers 5 to 9, this is the approximate cost breakdowns and savings at a glance:

hJyw5Nq.jpg

EDITED with my more accurate price model

(Tier 5 = Tier 6 as the camo price at those tiers are both 1000 gold)

Thanks for the information. I'll be taking a look at a few of my favorite ships that have been 'camo less'. The Buddy, Leander, and Lyon deserve some special paint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,836
[5BS]
Members
7,036 posts

For anyone's interest, this is the model used to calculate Doubloon Prices (using information obtained from the "Any Doubloon" amount at varying amounts; it is very accurate to +-5 doubloons at any amount):

lHudtDS.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,259
[ARGSY]
Members
10,829 posts
7,053 battles

I have enough doubloons that I won to do this. I should get one for the Cleveland. If she takes it with her up to Tier VIII that's a 3000 dbl camo for 500. A sixth of the price!!!

It may actually be worth throwing a bit of money at this game. (Yeah, yeah, I know; the slippery slope begins. But the benefits are huge.)

Let's see... Farragut, Cleveland, Leander - 500 each. Fiji - 1000. Edinburgh - 1500.  Normandie is taken care of (Ocean Liner). 4000dbl. No wuckin' furries.

Which Tier 5 ships have camo? If the Furutaka and Konigsberg are among them, it might be worth free-XP-ing to them and getting them fitted out now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,836
[5BS]
Members
7,036 posts

IMO the camos worth purchasing are T6's and T7's, to maximize earnings for Operations, and T8 and T9's that are intended to be keepers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,455 posts
8,392 battles
5 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

IMO the camos worth purchasing are T6's and T7's, to maximize earnings for Operations, and T8 and T9's that are intended to be keepers.

the cleves would be a good one to pick up.   you get the tier 8 version when it moves, and you get one for the pepsi.   that is what, 4k doubloons?  for 500 currently.  of course down the road, you can earn a free cleve perma camo, but that requires doing the campaign i believe. 

 

personally i dont spend my doubloons outside of saving expensive/rare modules.  i am debating about getting a camo for my namesake, and the fletcher.  my namesake will always be in my port, but i only play it every now and then.   the fletcher is a ship i enjoy a lot, but i have this very small hope that one day they will make the gearing worth getting, and i will move on to that instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,929
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,515 posts
6,182 battles

I might pick up the Prinz Eugen Eagle camo at this price.  I’ve been loving her since the buff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
171
[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,192 battles
6 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I might pick up the Prinz Eugen Eagle camo at this price.  I’ve been loving her since the buff!

No discount on  that sadly. It was the first thing I checked :(

Edited by sansfaille

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,259
[ARGSY]
Members
10,829 posts
7,053 battles
9 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

the cleves would be a good one to pick up.   you get the tier 8 version when it moves, and you get one for the pepsi. 

Definitely worth the price, in that case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,929
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,515 posts
6,182 battles
9 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

No discount on  that sadly. It was the first thing I checked :(

Disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,495
[SALVO]
Members
20,563 posts
20,417 battles
44 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

There is no discount on T10 camo.

Exceptionally disappointing.  I have never purchased any perma-camo below tier 10.  There are so few keepers at lesser tiers for me.   If lesser tier (i.e. lower than tier 10) ship's perma camo allowed you to move captains into the ship like if they were premium ships, I might hop all over it.  But since I doubt this will ever happen, I'll have to think long and hard about whether I want to part with any gold for a lesser tier ship.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[HAG]
Beta Testers
364 posts
5,138 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Exceptionally disappointing.  I have never purchased any perma-camo below tier 10.  There are so few keepers at lesser tiers for me.   If lesser tier (i.e. lower than tier 10) ship's perma camo allowed you to move captains into the ship like if they were premium ships, I might hop all over it.  But since I doubt this will ever happen, I'll have to think long and hard about whether I want to part with any gold for a lesser tier ship.

I would love premium camo to do that I would buy so much premium then I would also be more likely to keep ships I already grinded if I can put the old capt in her again with out needing to retrain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,495
[SALVO]
Members
20,563 posts
20,417 battles
9 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Ooof, you gave me a scare there. I bought a T10 perma last night.

There are still some tier 10's I'd like to put perma camo on, and if this discount had included them, I'd have been all over it in a heart beat.  But sadly, it is not to be.  :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
444
[YAN]
Members
1,649 posts
8,051 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Exceptionally disappointing.  I have never purchased any perma-camo below tier 10.  There are so few keepers at lesser tiers for me.   If lesser tier (i.e. lower than tier 10) ship's perma camo allowed you to move captains into the ship like if they were premium ships, I might hop all over it.  But since I doubt this will ever happen, I'll have to think long and hard about whether I want to part with any gold for a lesser tier ship.

Taihou, Musashi, Alsace, Cleveland. If I could, I would probably get the T6-T8 IJN bb camos as well.

I mostly buy camo if I like a ship more then usual, Cleveland is an odd case, I did it because its cost efficient with split, but also I get Pensacola camo, which I would've got anyway because I like the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
181
[SIMP]
Members
962 posts
8,981 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

For those interested, there is a Price Discount running for the weekend on Permanent Camos. For everyone's knowledge, at 50% discount for tiers 5 to 9, this is the approximate cost breakdowns and savings at a glance:

hJyw5Nq.jpg

EDITED with my more accurate price model

(Tier 5 = Tier 6 as the camo price at those tiers are both 1000 gold)

Hey mate, nice of you to get this info together, I have one question.

How is T9 / 2000g / $9.39 not the same as T7 / 2000g / $10.02? Which is a similar issue to T7 1000g and T6 1000g.

Thanks for putting this together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,495
[SALVO]
Members
20,563 posts
20,417 battles
42 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Taihou, Musashi, Alsace, Cleveland. If I could, I would probably get the T6-T8 IJN bb camos as well.

I mostly buy camo if I like a ship more then usual, Cleveland is an odd case, I did it because its cost efficient with split, but also I get Pensacola camo, which I would've got anyway because I like the ship.

Is the Cleveland going to keep perma camo when she gets moved to tier 8,  if you buy it now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
184
[LOS]
Members
634 posts
9,471 battles

Rats!!!  The sail doesn't include the HSF camo for Musashi.  It's still at 5k Gold! :etc_swear::Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,443 posts
9,116 battles
12 minutes ago, Sinton said:

Rats!!!  The sail doesn't include the HSF camo for Musashi.  It's still at 5k Gold! :etc_swear::Smile_sad:

On the bright side, ever since you can unlock secondary colors on permanent camouflage for IJN, Musashi looks really awesome in blue tint.  So much that I hardly ever equip HSF camo, especially since all my captains got maxed out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×