You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

107 comments in this topic

[AXANR]
Members
3,385 posts
17,748 battles

The Asashio is up for sale.  And while the BBbabies whine and gnash their teeth, I'm going to go spend some quality time with my baes Minotaur, Z-52, Fletcher, Z-23, ARP Takao, Fiji, and Akizuki, making people who shelled out $43 for the Asashio regret all the poor life choices that led them to where they are today. I might even play some Republique and bait Asashios into wasting torp salvos before deleting them when they become visible. Oh yes, the salt mining will be glorious today. 

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/6255/

7NrDZSR.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

Members
252 posts
985 battles

I mean I'm gunna buy it. But mostly because this feels like one of those ships that is going to disappear after a short while and will never be sold again, so I'd be sad if I never had a chance to get her. That being said if I buy her I am rolling the dice with whether or not the thread whining is going to get her nerfed or not lol.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,222 posts
9,758 battles

I will probably get it, but I'm going to wait a bit to see how things look.  I am at tier 9 on the PA line and still suck with the DW torps, not sure how i would suddenly get better with Asashio's

[TOG]
Members
3,452 posts
18,282 battles

*Crosses  hands in prayers and bows head in memory of the soon to slaughtered BB's*

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles
14 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

making people who shelled out $43 for the Asashio regret all the poor life choices that led them to where they are today. I might even play some Republique and bait Asashios into wasting torp salvos before deleting them when they become visible. 

If you find them, most Asashios will spam torps out of max range...

[SYN]
Members
3,433 posts
16,628 battles
10 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

I will probably get it, but I'm going to wait a bit to see how things look.  I am at tier 9 on the PA line and still suck with the DW torps, not sure how i would suddenly get better with Asashio's

The real question is how do you perform in the Kagero.  The skill sets are the same just the targets differ.

Still undecided myself, harvesting the tears of BBs would be nice but the play style will be very passive.

[DAKI]
Members
659 posts
8,262 battles

games broke pls nerf wg....

i hope people relax, this ship wont break the game or tier like belfast did to rank..it will be fine..

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TOG]
Members
3,452 posts
18,282 battles

Meh, I bought it but I'm holding playing it until after Ranked. I'm planning on playing DD's/CA's this go around so no problem for me.

Members
252 posts
985 battles
6 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Still undecided myself, harvesting the tears of BBs would be nice but the play style will be very passive.

Which to me, probably means boring. Same reason I haven't touched any of the IJN ships.. but I'd hate to miss out on an OP ship I might one day play lol.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
799 posts
7,011 battles

will give this a miss. Will wait for the few rage threads of how bad this is when they cant get a BB.

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
418 posts
9,433 battles

Look at the Steam deals, starter packs guys. I am assuming if you have the ships you get the dubloons for them.

[WORX]
Members
3,867 posts
14,967 battles

As a Torp DD player here (my stats dont lie). I despise the Asashio with so much passion its not even funny. Because of all the whining mainly from the BB side, this IJN Liberty ship with pew pew guns with only target with DWT

• CVs
  • BBs

Meanwhile, cruisers and DDs are not affected. This to me is a total disrespect to the

• principals
  • spirit
  • total game play of the IJN DDs line.

Must games cruisers and DDs can make up 3/4s of your opposition and only leaving 2 BBs or 2 BB and a CV. In those situations this junk DD is useless.  For all you conspiracy theorist lobbying change with out the facts. Cut it out all ready. I will tell you this ship will be worse then the PA-DD line disaster. Cheers!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
252 posts
985 battles
2 minutes ago, killsbane67 said:

Ha you thought BB drivers hid in the back before, wait and see them scoot to the very edge .  Lol 

"Oh hey, look at those cool border decorations WG put on the minimap, how neat!"

"...oh wait. "

"Colorado what are you doing?? Get over here and help D:"

• Funny 1

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

Ashame they release it on a 200 xp weekend. Would have liked to taken my T8 BBs to grind.

Guess I’ll be in my high tier DDs and cruisers killing the [edited].

[-BRS-]
Members
415 posts
12,725 battles

With all the Asashio's that are gonna be in the game.........you know they will be jammed in each battle.   I am going to be a cappin' fool

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
341 posts
1,894 battles

Just got one of the packages since I needed the doubloons anyway.  Got a 19 point captain ready.  I'll probably let the hype die down for a week or so before playing her.  I think this ship should work well for me since I usually play IJN DDs with the strat of: cap, scout, torp BBs, and run away when spotted.

[YORHA]
Members
4,146 posts
7,153 battles

The other day, in my Pensacola, I posted  "Question:  How can you tell which is a BB and which is not?  Answer: "The BBs are ones running away from the Reds".

It went over well...

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
7,676 battles

Already had it gifted. One of the few DDs that make sense in Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Edited by zarth12

[SALVO]
Members
20,553 posts
20,417 battles
51 minutes ago, Xlap said:

If you find them, most Asashios will spam torps out of max range...

This is something I really despise about the Asashio, the use of 20 km ranged torps (regardless of the fact that they're BB/CV-only DWTs).  How can you seriously counter an Asashio?  Dealing with the torps themselves isn't such a big deal, per se.  Just do constant course and speed changes and you should screw up their aim just fine.  But if you're on the  opposing team, how do you deal with a ship that can pretty much camp in the rear of the enemy team and spam out those 20 km DWTs like they were a backline camping BB?  I mean, as long as there are no friendly BBs in front of them, an Asashio can spam their torps through friendly cruisers and destroyers to their heart's content.  And about the only counter to them are carriers.  After all, how can you get any DD past the enemy's front lines into their rear to go Asashio hunting?

And if there is an Asashio on the enemy team, will you even be able to get a friendly CV to hunt for it?

No, this entire Asashio thing is a total screw up (and I definitely mean something far worse).   If they were only 10-12 km torps, this wouldn't be nearly as big a deal, since such a DD would pretty much have to operate similarly to existing similar tier IJN DDs.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,683 posts
12,344 battles

I will be waiting to see the 3 man div's in the Asashio, maybe on red and green sides

Edited by CriMiNaL__