Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

The new meta in Domination seems to be..... ignoring the caps.

13 comments in this topic

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles

In the Domination matches I've played recently I've noticed a tendency of many teams to ignore caps altogether, or to run from the battle, resulting in losses when the battle is clearly winnable if a concentrated push were made. When I call for teams to push caps, I often get ignored, sometimes even abused. When I go in alone and actually try to make progress, I get focus fired though sometimes I can still pull off an okay amount of damage before going down. When I do that, the enemy's 3 or 4 ships in that cap zone take their attention away from my team onto me. Even after my solo charge and destruction manages to divert enemy attention at least for a while, my team still cannot muster up the courage to make a push. Today on Haven, I was pushing into D cap because nobody on my team would do it (they were all busy chasing 2 enemy ships in the opposite direction), and was jumped by the enemy Algerie, Belfast, Indianapolis and a New York not too far from them. I switched to AP on the Pepsi and managed to remove most of the Algerie's health, but I was taking too much sustained fire at the same time and soon went down without finishing him off. It was only then that some ships on my team finally realized that we were losing hard in points and kills, and they turned around. What did they manage to do? They finished off the Algerie I left at about 20% HP. The remaining 7 or 8 ships were STILL chasing two low health enemies. In some other battles I've seen the caps be ignored altogether, and the whole team just sails to east or west near the edge of the map. In these battles, even if I do well for myself (by the piss poor standards), I still can't do much because I can't really solo in a cruiser or even a BB. By the way, in that Haven match, I ended up first with 60k damage and 1 kill on the enemy Shchors. 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,714 posts
14,138 battles

Strange how it's always the green team who plays bad and not the red team, innit. I'd like to see a rant about the red team playing badly once in a while. I mean, there are 11 slots for bad players on the green team and 12 on the red team, so statistically ....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles

I've seen many red teams play like this as well, and it usually results in a steamroll. Either way, it's not fun. I've also been in more battles where not one, but both teams just hang back for the entire match.

Edited by Zionas

[HINON]
Supertester
20,714 posts
14,138 battles
12 minutes ago, Zionas said:

I've seen many red teams play like this as well, and it usually results in a steamroll. Either way, it's not fun. I've also been in more battles where not one, but both teams just hang back for the entire match.

We all have.

What do you propose to do about it? I mean, you dedicated an entire paragraph to describing what happens and how it made you feel, but do you have an actual constructive suggestion to fix it?

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,972 posts
10,955 battles

I've been seeing more tater-tots lately myself, had a epicenter match where two thirds of each team went and hid on opposite sides of the same island. I was out in my Kagero so I abused them. It felt like seal clubbing, I almost felt bad about it, now what am I going to do with all these seal pelts.

You either shake your head and move on, try out the new penalty system and send some fish their way, or relax in Co-Op till Ranked hits and try to outrun the wave of potato byproduct to the upper ranks. (or, in my case, surf the taters till rank 15 for the flag, then bail and do something else while the taters pollute ranked.)

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,737 posts
15,946 battles
1 hour ago, Zionas said:

In the Domination matches I've played recently I've noticed a tendency of many teams to ignore caps altogether

I have also noticed that trend, but in epicenter matches!

1 hour ago, Zionas said:

I've seen many red teams play like this as well, and it usually results in a steamroll

I don't mind a steamroll, as long as I'm not the one getting steamed while I'm being rolled.

1 hour ago, Lert said:

do you have an actual constructive suggestion to fix it?

Yes, I do; if a match is going badly for the red team, halfway through it, all the Italian ships on the green team suddenly change sides and become red. Like they did in real life!

1 hour ago, SgtBeltfed said:

what am I going to do with all these seal pelts.

Find a very blank electronic wall and display them proudly!

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles
5 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Yes, I do; if a match is going badly for the red team, halfway through it, all the Italian ships on the green team suddenly change sides and become red. Like they did in real life!

Ouch....maybe it wouldnt be so funny if there wasnt truth in it.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,737 posts
15,946 battles
1 minute ago, c3shooter said:

Ouch....maybe it wouldnt be so funny if there wasnt truth in it.

What's even better is if it happens BEFORE the halfway mark, the FRENCH ships change sides!

• Funny 1

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

What's even better is if it happens BEFORE the halfway mark, the FRENCH ships change sides!

No, they just go huddle in the corner...

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles

Of course then you would want most of the ijn ships to ram, the the germans to blow up just before the timer ends.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,737 posts
15,946 battles
2 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

Of course then you would want most of the ijn ships to ram, the the germans to blow up just before the timer ends.

and then, with 2 minutes left, the Russian ships enter the game and tell everyone how it was they who won the victory!

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

and then, with 2 minutes left, the Russian ships enter the game and tell everyone how it was they who won the victory!

I was gonna say americans at 5, and russian incur heavy losses defending their caps.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,737 posts
15,946 battles
Just now, c3shooter said:

russian incur heavy losses defending their caps.

With land based artillery!

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this