You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

3 comments in this topic

[STW-M]
Members
3,093 posts
7,325 battles

The theme in question: 

As WoWs players, we've all had our moments when we messed up badly at some point after being cocky, or we messed up some enemy player that was being cocky, especially in chat.

As a celebration of the mistakes we've made and how we learned from them, I invite everyone to post both a moment when your enthusiasm got curbed and when you curbed others' enthusiasm.

My moment of curb your enthusiasm: playing Mahan, ahead on points and caps by a margin that victory is guaranteed. I decide to rush the last enemy ship, an Alabama. I evade the first salvo of shells and think "oh I can tank this next salvo and then torpedo him to death".

Cue detonation.

Teammates laugh as they finish off the Alabama and I just sit there in silence sheepishly.

Curbing others' enthusiasm: playing Hiryu, misaligned an attack on a Bayern, who was able to avoid all my torpedoes, his team is winning by a slight margin. He taunts me in chat, daring me to try again.

Three minutes later, our team gains a decisive lead, and I dev-struck the Bayern.

His response: "yep, I deserved that".

[-VT3-]
Members
1,842 posts
3,584 battles

Enemy is capping B, on Northern Lights.  

Sailing in a Tirpitz, fire on a cruiser that is stationary in the cap.
Enemy Atago comes flying into the cap area and rams my target out of the way of my shells.

Mfw I score a triple-citadel on a ship I didn't even intend to hit.

• Funny 1

Members
155 posts
3,422 battles

Curbing: Tashkent, even game on both points and kills at halfway in. Sent area denial torpedoes at a KGV that just finished off a friendly Fiji before turning in towards B to chase their low health Sims. Come around the corner, obliterate the Sims, torpedoes kill the KGV, low health Z-46 reappears stuck on rocks (after his second victim of our overconfident tier 9 cruisers). Kill the Z-46 and then bum rush the enemy Nagato and stick him with many a torpedo. Four kills in two minutes and the game is decisively in our favor.

Curbed so hard I quit playing for the day: Colorado, team lost so hard and ran out of points so fast battle was over before I was even in range/proper angles to fire anything besides scout plane potshots. American standards, what can ya do?

• Funny 1