Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

First Game After a Break from Tier X

6 comments in this topic

[SEALZ]
Members
541 posts
6,032 battles

And here we see the convoy of battleships making its way to the map border:

5ae2922c9dc37_Wtf1.jpg.a1eb9c0e7ffdf94b8e5460ef46d882be.jpg

There was an attempt to push up a bit:

5ae292bf02183_WTF2.jpg.da5da8368d7ea5664b60b03ac048ef6c.jpg

However their primal instincts drove them to chase the enemy shimakaze into the corner, leading to this result:

5ae29371b0dc8_WTF3.thumb.jpg.b18969104af930e4e7b538a88fe0b693.jpg

I am the ONLY ship on the team to get a kill. It just blows my mind. I'm not expecting unicum level play, hell I just look for people who know their left from their right. But when I see three ships on full HP ten minutes in chasing a Shimakaze to the map border and corner while the team falls around them, I question my reasons for even attempting to play Tier X. Oh well, guess I'll go back to grinding Atlanta games for my USN CL captain. What a night.

• Cool 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

It's that way at all tiers. The BB herd instinct, guarding the map edge, chasing after a lone ship that's much faster than BBs are, ignoring the caps, and moving too far away from the bases in standard mode to either capture or defend. :Smile_facepalm:

Those are the only things, besides priority targeting Cruisers, (duh, gotta get that kill!) that I can count on BBs to do.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,760 posts
15,957 battles
2 hours ago, mohawkdriver said:

Ah, yes; the lemming syndrome.  Sadly, it is untreatable.

Though easily recognizable!

46 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

The BB herd instinct

When a match begins, if you listen carefully, you can hear the sounds of huge engines starting, steam rushing through the pipes, creaking machinery rotating in ever faster circles. And, above all of that, if you can listen very carefully, you will hear the sound of Battleships going to war, and trumpeting their frightful battlecry ...

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Funny 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

When a match begins, if you listen carefully, you can hear the sounds of huge engines starting, steam rushing through the pipes, creaking machinery rotating in ever faster circles. And, above all of that, if you can listen very carefully, you will hear the sound of Battleships going to war, and trumpeting their frightful battlecry ...

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:Smile_teethhappy: I think "Baaaaaa!" is more like it!

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles
5 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

It's that way at all tiers. The BB herd instinct, guarding the map edge, chasing after a lone ship that's much faster than BBs are, ignoring the caps, and moving too far away from the bases in standard mode to either capture or defend. :Smile_facepalm:

Those are the only things, besides priority targeting Cruisers, (duh, gotta get that kill!) that I can count on BBs to do.

Its not only BBs that do that, cruisers and DDs do that too. 

Sign in to follow this