You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Lonewolf

US CL/CA Split

20 comments in this topic

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,860 posts
8,913 battles

well the CLs just got into testing with the latest patch, im guessing maybe 7.6 or so for the split to drop

Edited by tcbaker777

[WOLF5]
Members
2,138 posts
2,812 battles

End of May probably at the earliest. More likely sometime this summer. They're through the first round of testing, but still have a ways to go. Remember, because this is so big we're hearing about it earlier than normal. They still have quite a bit of testing and tweaking to go.

[WORX]
Members
3,845 posts
14,947 battles

Here is a funny guess, since its an AMerican split, I will guess on the 4th of July the Split will be in full force. Just guessing using statistics in human behavior. Cheers!

[WOLF9]
Members
1,127 posts
4,956 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Here is a funny guess, since its an AMerican split, I will guess on the 4th of July the Split will be in full force. Just guessing using statistics in human behavior. Cheers!

Could also be Memorial Day weekend. Memorial Day is on Monday, May 28th this year; so, if they did the cruiser split then, it would come on Wednesday before on the 23rd, but that may be too soon.

Yeah. July 4th makes more sense as it is on a Wednesday and gives them a couple more months to iron out the ships.

[SALVO]
Members
20,508 posts
20,327 battles
6 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

Could also be Memorial Day weekend. Memorial Day is on Monday, May 28th this year; so, if they did the cruiser split then, it would come on Wednesday before on the 23rd, but that may be too soon.

Yeah. July 4th makes more sense as it is on a Wednesday and gives them a couple more months to iron out the ships.

deVinci, since WG has changed the update cycle from 3 to 4 weeks, and I expect the split to require 2 more updates, meaning not until 7.6, that's about 8 weeks out, which makes it look like late June at the earliest.  Though i agree that Mem Day would be a sufficiently American holiday for the line split, if it happened to be ready at that point (which I don't think will happen).

• Cool 1

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
417 posts
9,401 battles

Patches come now in 4 week cycles, there is a theory it will be 7.5 patch. If we go by this information then it would be the end of may or if you want a great guess I would say Memorial day weekend. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,719 posts
7,007 battles

AFTER ranked battles, to keep newly Tier 6 Cleveland players from suddenly jumping into Tier 8 ranked when the split happens.

Members
484 posts
2,928 battles

I hope it’s 7.5, although with how much testing has happened, and if WG learned anything from GZ, 7.6 seems more likely, although I would prefer Memorial Day. Did anybody notice the 7.4 release video had a Worcester in a team (soon maybe, the not WG trademarked soon?) for what appeared to be clan wars, and the rented T10 ships were Conqueror... and Hakuryu, CVs in CW after rework?

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles

I hope it comes in late May / early June, don't want to be waiting around for too long. If they are taking more time, then they'd better make sure to do things that result in actual proper balance and overall good for the line. I can only speak for what I'd like to see for the CAs as of now, and my overall opinion is that they require little, if any changes to drop a tier considering how they already lack utility (despite good firepower) compared to their contemporaries. Pensacola is fine as she is at Tier 6, at close range she will get easily chewed by CLs firing 152mm AP even if she shows just a bit too much side. HE also wrecks it and she's made of paper all round. New Orleans will obviously lose radar so that's alright. Maybe her reload could be 13 seconds, but otherwise the ship is fine. Baltimore should have radar and should not lose the heal, in fact, I think ALL cruisers tier 6 and up would benefit from a heal. It doesn't have to be that special RN healing ability, but having at least the ability to regain some health points would be immensely beneficial and perhaps promote more aggressive play, as I've always desired. I've heard that New Orleans' frontal armor is too strong for Tier 7, but I would like to see a cruiser at that tier be able to bounce 14" shells at the front and have some ability to mitigate damage from 15" shells on ships such as Warspite, Bayern, QE. 

Edited by Zionas

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts

Ain't she pretty?

image.thumb.png.40c5878bc6064d192b6bb3da43ad5ca8.png

(Yes, the skin pack I use somewhat skinned the turrets.  Don't worry about it, that's just graphics.)

After looking at Dallas, Helena, Seattle, and Worcester in the game client, I didn't realize till I looked at it that Seattle also has 6" DP guns.  Just 4x3, rather than 6x2 like Worcester.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,843 posts
21,325 battles

NOW!

Never gonna happen!

At some point in the future (also; At some point)

We’re in pure Nostradamus territory here. We have a magic 8 ball and even it said, “Ask again later”.

In the future

This isn’t going to happen during any variety of soon you care to use. In fact, it’s pretty far out there. Not as far as ‘at some point’, but we’re certainly not suggesting you book vacation time just yet. We’re probably talking about something that is possible within the current time line. Assuming, of course, the Mayans, Vikings, and 47 other random stone carvings were wrong and we’re still here after all that crazy ‘end of the world’ stuff.

In the near future

This is absolutely, positively, without question, a possibility. In fact, it might even be a real possibility. But as to when, we’ll have to get back to you on that one.

Soon™

No lie. It’s going to happen. It’s going to happen really freakin’, like, eventually. But it will happen!

“Soon”

It’s official! We have given consideration to a possible date and we now have several possibilities!

Soon

We’ve narrowed the date down to something within the calendar year!

soon

No really, we have a date now! It’s even penciled in on a calendar somewhere!

MoreSoonerish

We have a date, and we’re probably going to tell you what that date is…soon!

Incredisoon

OK! We’re done messin’ around. We have a date, we’ve found the calendar we wrote it on, and we are going to tell you. Like right freakin’ shortly! Seriously!

Tomorrowish-esque™

This is going to happen within the next 24 hours. Give or take some random number of hours which may or may not exceed an amount equal to the number of miles between the reader and the International Date Line divided by 163.97241. Unless the person is actually standing on the International Date Line at the time of reading, in which case the world will end in a cataclysmic divide by zero error and none of this will matter anyway. This is all barring any conflicts with ‘The Schedule’, of course.

As soon as possible

Time being the slippery thing it is, this has quite probably already happened. If not, it is very likely to happen while someone is typing up the message telling you when it will happen. Assuming, that it is in fact possible.

Modifiers, adjustments, and other fun stuff.

Capitalization

As a general rule, capitalization will tip you off as to a measurement’s place in time. Capital letters denote a longer period of time than lower case letters. This applies to all uses of capitalization when dealing with time. Thus Soon is longer than soon. Likewise, MoreSoonerish, Moresoonerish, and moresoonerish are all incremetally shorter periods from longest to shortest.

TM and its uses;

The notorious ™ has very specific meanings. It denotes a longer period of time than the word or phrase would otherwise represent without the addition of the ™.

“Quotes"43erd

The use of quotes, like the use of TM and Capitalization has specific meaning. It is another measure of extending the noted period of time. Though it denotes a shorter extension than either ™ or Capitalization.

Combined notation

When you see a combination of modifiers (™, quotes, and capitalization) you must consider the impact of all modifiers on the base measurement. The more modifiers, the larger the expansion of time from the base measurement.

Addendum A: Spooky Stuff

It’s on schedule

This relates exclusively to a highly theoretical method of calculating time commonly referred to as, ‘The Schedule’. The Schedule is part of an emerging understanding of time called Quantum Sapience Time. Schedule Time has the amazing ability to exist, not exist, and potentially exist or not exist all at the same instant. It is only the act of observing The Schedule that forces it into a fixed state in which the normal rules of Sapience Time apply. This is commonly called “entanglement”. Entangling one’s self with The Schedule is a very risky proposition as it can lead to temporal disorientation. Especially as it does not require one to be in any physical proximity to The Schedule. Albert Einstein himself referred to this as “Spooky action at a distance.”

7.5 will bring the USN campaign. So the split will either happen with 7.5 or 7.6, one of the last campaign missions require one of the new cruisers. Also: all the ships are now in the extended techtree.

[TDG]
Members
1,650 posts
8,055 battles

I expect 0.7.5 on 23 May which would be in time for Memorial Day as noted by others.  Patch 0.7.6 would be late June, and a launch then would surely cover the Fourth of July.

A few thoughts on the timing:

• The last round of testing actually looked pretty good based on the reports I've seen and read.  (If I knew more, I likely would not be able to say anything.)
  • Waiting one more patch keeps the ships available fixed for the current Ranked season (vice any new Premiums, of course).
  • Late June still fits the earlier announcement regarding the timing of the split.
  • There are still a few of the new ships that I have not seen in test or preview.

While it is possible that the split could drop in the next patch, I feel it is quite likely to be in 0.7.6.  We will know more about 0.7.5 in about two weeks when we see it in Public Test.

• Cool 1

[POARS]
Members
20 posts
5,834 battles
On 4/27/2018 at 11:50 AM, YeOldeTraveller said:

I expect 0.7.5 on 23 May which would be in time for Memorial Day as noted by others.  Patch 0.7.6 would be late June, and a launch then would surely cover the Fourth of July.

A few thoughts on the timing:

• The last round of testing actually looked pretty good based on the reports I've seen and read.  (If I knew more, I likely would not be able to say anything.)
  • Waiting one more patch keeps the ships available fixed for the current Ranked season (vice any new Premiums, of course).
  • Late June still fits the earlier announcement regarding the timing of the split.
  • There are still a few of the new ships that I have not seen in test or preview.

While it is possible that the split could drop in the next patch, I feel it is quite likely to be in 0.7.6.  We will know more about 0.7.5 in about two weeks when we see it in Public Test.

Seems to be a very logical assumption, with all we've seen from Wargaming in the previous Public Test sessions and patches.

So, I'd expect a very big 4th of July event when the US cruiser line splits...

Game on!!!

• Cool 1