Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

Economic Signal Highway Robbery

42 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
438 posts
12,045 battles

I saw this during the public test, posted it in feedback and got no response.

WG is now charging you GOLD to replenish Economic Signals XP, Credits, Free XP, Commander XP, 10% off repairs).

There is nothing in the patch notes in the Forum or the video page denoting this change.

So, we earn on one hand and they exact a tax to use them with the other hand?

shot-18.04.26_19.07.53-0103.jpg

shot-18.04.26_19.07.55-0447.jpg

shot-18.04.26_19.07.57-0901.jpg

shot-18.04.26_19.07.59-0570.jpg

shot-18.04.26_19.08.01-0513.jpg

Edited by Willy55_1955

[H-W-C]
Members
1,271 posts
3,613 battles

You realize that you only get charged if you run out and the check box that says "pay for signals when you run out" is unchecked by default right?

This was in the patch notes as well.

Edited by warpath_33
  • Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
10,787 posts
4 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

You realize that you only get charged if you run out and the check box that says "pay for signals when you run out" is unchecked by default right?

The patch notes are a wealth of information.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
6 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

The problem is people will run out and will start bleeding doubloons, and worse yet there are no notifications when you are getting low on flags or when you are bleeding doubloons. 

This may not seem like a problem to you, but when a couple thousand players across different servers bleed doubloons without knowing - they are having money stolen from them by WG. Its extremely underhanded and anti-consumer. They are secretly charging you money and pray that you dont notice.

• Cool 1

[H-W-C]
Members
1,271 posts
3,613 battles
Just now, Ulthwey said:

The problem is people will run out and will start bleeding doubloons, and worse yet there are no notifications when you are getting low on flags or when you are bleeding doubloons. 

This may not seem like a problem to you, but when a couple thousand players across different servers bleed doubloons without knowing - they are having money stolen from them by WG. Its extremely underhanded and anti-consumer. They are secretly charging you money and pray that you dont notice.

In my experience the "pay for replenishment" checkbox in unchecked by default. I agree though, there should be a notification for when you are running low on signals.

[DUCC]
Members
2,018 posts
7,105 battles

I'm pretty sure the system is opt-in, not opt-out. You won't automatically get charged unless you explicitly ask to be.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
438 posts
12,045 battles
10 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

Where is that, I didn't see it.

10 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

This was NOT covered in the patch notes. Everyone should have been made aware as it is a change.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,271 posts
3,613 battles
1 minute ago, Willy55_1955 said:

Where is that, I didn't see it.

This was NOT covered in the patch notes. Everyone should have been made aware as it is a change.

Yl7oqnd.pngDmRi0Bv.png

They are in both of the Patch Note pages.

• Cool 1

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
438 posts
12,045 battles
16 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

WRONG! It says "resupply using in-game currency", which is Credits, not GOLD.

Beta Testers
354 posts
8,409 battles
Just now, Willy55_1955 said:

No, in game currency is doubloons and has always been. Please learn to read.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
438 posts
12,045 battles
3 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

Yl7oqnd.pngDmRi0Bv.png

They are in both of the Patch Note pages.

Resupply using in-game currency" is NOT disabled.

Edited by Willy55_1955

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
438 posts
12,045 battles
5 minutes ago, Sillypuddi said:

No, in game currency is doubloons and has always been. Please learn to read.

If in-game currency is doubloons, then why do they say they are going to diable it? Read your post.

Edited by Willy55_1955

[-KAK-]
Members
101 posts
4,428 battles
9 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

If in-game currency is doubloons, then why do they say they are going to diable it? Read your post

Auto-resupply will remain on: If you have 'resupply flags' selected, it will not be disabled (Ergo, it'll still be active)

'Re-supply using in game currency' (Taking your doubloons to refill flags) however, will not be turned on, and will be at the choice of the player to turn on

All that the lil' blurb is essentially saying: We won't automatically turn on the refill with doubloons so you don't get burned.

Edited by _Pixi_
  • Cool 1

[H-W-C]
Members
1,271 posts
3,613 battles
8 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

If in-game currency is doubloons, then why do they say they are going to diable it? Read your post.

Players can enable auto-resupply of these signals for Doubloons as necessary. If the auto-resupply feature is already on when the Update is released, it will remain so but the "Resupply using in-game currency" feature will be disabled.

in-game currency applies to both doubloons and credits. In this case, it means only doubloons as you cannot purchase the signals for doubloons. Auto-resupply in this case means that you will automatically reequip the signals if you have any in your inventory which is a feature that has been around for many patches now, and will remain on while after the patch if you had turned it on beforehand. Resupply using in-game currency is the new feature that means that it will pay for new signals using doubloons if you run out, but it is disabled, as in it's off by default so you don't accidentally throw some doubloons away.

[YORHA]
Members
4,149 posts
7,159 battles

Not only was it in the patch notes (as outlined above) but it was in the video for the update...

sCG73oi.jpg

And it was highlighted on these very forums...

Rz7OBk4.png

I suppose they could have called you at home to let you know personally, but I don't think they have your phone number.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,575 posts
20,433 battles
27 minutes ago, Sillypuddi said:

No, in game currency is doubloons and has always been. 

I agree, Sillypuddi.  At the same time, I wish that they'd be more explicit and say doubloons rather than "in game currency".  "In game currency" seems just a little duplicitous. 

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,149 posts
7,159 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

I agree, Sillypuddi.  At the same time, I wish that they'd be more explicit and say doubloons rather than "in game currency".  "In game currency" seems just a little duplicitous. 

See post above...

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
418 posts
9,453 battles

Another duh duh duh thread, read the damn notes, and check or uncheck the box.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
10 minutes ago, Condor_Legion said:

Another duh duh duh thread, read the damn notes, and check or uncheck the box.

But then they couldn't blame someone!  This forum is full of people who have to find someone to blame!  

"You sank my ship!"

"You ran into my torpedoes and turned me pink!"

"These flags cost me doubloons!"

"You ran in front of me, causing me to set you on fire, and now I'm pink!"

"My badly configured computer caused the game to crash 5 times today!"

(to any of these add "and it's YOUR fault!!!")

With personal freedom comes personal responsibility.  It's your prerogative to f it up, but it's also your problem to fix it.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
354 posts
8,409 battles

I was of the understanding that it was a given, doubloons was in game currency and credits were, well, credits. I will echo some of the other posts, just 5 minutes of your time in reading the patch notes saves soooo much confusion. This topic and the new in game punishment are both laid out fairly clearly in the notes but people seem to refuse to read or listen. It's a pattern....

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,858 posts

I've a couple questions here...

1) Is the option to buy with in-game currency (doubloons) on an "individual flag basis" or one check box for all signal flags?

2) Some confusion is possible because camo, for example, can be bought with doubloons or "silver", so I can see where it might confuse. 

3) If this is live now, I do not see the option for selecting auto buy... probably because non of the flags are at zero? 

Thanks for your patience. 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,407 battles
1 hour ago, Willy55_1955 said:

I saw this during the public test, posted it in feedback and got no response.

WG is now charging you GOLD to replenish Economic Signals XP, Credits, Free XP, Commander XP, 10% off repairs).

There is nothing in the patch notes in the Forum or the video page denoting this change.

So, we earn on one hand and they exact a tax to use them with the other hand?

shot-18.04.26_19.07.53-0103.jpg

shot-18.04.26_19.07.55-0447.jpg

shot-18.04.26_19.07.57-0901.jpg

shot-18.04.26_19.07.59-0570.jpg

shot-18.04.26_19.08.01-0513.jpg

First if you want to lie, lie competently, they did say this was happening. Also, don't want to spend gold? Don't hit auto. Go complain somewhere else. 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,407 battles
54 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

In game currency always meant Gold. Go get some cheese for your whine.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts

Put this up in another thread, but it'll add it here, too.

image.png.7a47d2dcabf4ab00549e0bc32ae79ca9.png

So, mine is set to auto-replenish the Economic flags automatically, but it won't buy any more if/when I run out.

So, no doubloon spending w/o my notice.  (ignore the pennants.  No, they don't have prices on them.  Just the 5 right below 'Economic'.

It does look like, though, it will replenish any of those 5 that you have mounted.  4 of the 5 in my case. 

[SALVO]
Members
20,575 posts
20,433 battles
39 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

See post above...

JCC, I just don't like that phrase "in game currency".  If not duplicitous, it is a bit vague to me.  I understand what it means myself, but I can see where newer players would find it confusing, as I did when I was a newer player.

Sign in to follow this