You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

Can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin...

38 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
438 posts
12,018 battles

Clan ONAVY is recruiting. ONAVY is a Level 6 clan about 7 months old, up to 32 members at present and into our first expansion. We are mostly over 40, some retired military. Younger captains are OK as long as mature minded and pleasant natured. We have players in all U.S. time zones. Looking to play together, get into some clan battles and share in the base resources. Our only general requirement is that you be active, playing at least weekly. We are very low key, no pressure, just fun.

We have our own TeamSpeak channel but chat is fine if you do not have a microphone.  However, if you want to participate with us in Clan Battles, then a Tier 10 ship (Tier 8 minimum to rent Tier 10 ships) and Teamspeak is required.

So, check us out on the Clan tab at the top of the game client. If interested drop a line to Old_Dude_61, C_D or myself or any of the recruiters or submit an application in the ONAVY Clan Tab in the game. Check out our new website at http://onavy.iclanwebsites.com/.

Good hunting and, most of all, have fun!

ONAVY Recruitment Square.png

Edited by Willy55_1955

[187]
Members
1,344 posts
8,039 battles
12 hours ago, callmezam said:

ill join

Invite sent ...

[187]
Members
1,344 posts
8,039 battles

ONAVY has two open slots all are encouraged to apply ...send us a message and let us know who you are....we play for fun.

onavy.thumb.jpg.16478f6659dad201afa3e2abf60104bf.jpg

Edited by C_D

[187]
Members
1,344 posts
8,039 battles

We currently have room for one more and recruiting another 10 soon...Having... Fun... is the primary goal as we all must love WWII naval games or we would not be here. Our shipyard is built and currently working on clan size expansion....come grow with us and visit our new website at http://onavy.iclanwebsites.com/ or find us on Teampeak on clan battle nights.

[187]
Members
1,344 posts
8,039 battles

BUMP for the weekend!

[187]
Members
1,344 posts
8,039 battles

ONAVY continues to grow and make room for more captains. Join us now and get some battle time with our members before the next clan battle season. We are a relaxed clan with a focus on having fun...we division often with each other, run missions, and use training rooms for the betterment of the clan and the individual. We have some great seasoned captains as well as some new skippers. We want people who play regularly is our goal and people who are respectful and team players. Drop your old clan who doesn't play clan battles or division with its members come hang with Old Dude and the gang! ONAVY Website

[187]
Members
1,344 posts
8,039 battles

If your tired of having to thumb thru clan's that want you to submit a resume and blood sample to join look no further. ONAVY is made of a rag tag band of fugitives patched together into a working group. We don't want to know your [edited] size or any other non relevant information we just want members who play regularly, not every second of the day but often and who can tolerate the sense of humor that comes with the age of a lot of our members which do range from the bed ridden grampa to curtain climbing crumb cruncher's. We dont care how old you are just if you can be respectful be engaged in the clan when able to and remember to have fun...which is why we play. Shoot myself or our clan patriarch, Old_Dude_61 a PM or just submit an application to ONAVY by doing a clan search and give us a try....if not.

Don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to...

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,673 posts
12,622 battles

QUESTION:

Why are you creating a 2nd thread for the SAME clan instead of simply posting on the original recruiting thread that was created on 08 Dec 2017? (it is currently on page 4 of this forum).

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,472 posts
21,288 battles

Oh why don't you just leave him be ..........

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
9 minutes ago, Nocona said:

QUESTION:

Why are you creating a 2nd thread for the SAME clan instead of simply posting on the original recruiting thread that was created on 08 Dec 2017? (it is currently on page 4 of this forum).

Well, I never would have seen it if he didn't create a new thread and I might be interested in joining.  I, and I imagine a lot of people, just look at the recent topics on the main page.  Updating an existing thread won't show up there.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
1,673 posts
12,622 battles
5 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

Well, I never would have seen it if he didn't create a new thread and I might be interested in joining.  I, and I imagine a lot of people, just look at the recent topics on the main page.  Updating an existing thread won't show up there.

The point is.... he could have posted in his clans original thread and you would have seen it when it went to the top.  Instead, he has created yet another thread in this forum... gumming-up the forum with excessive threads.

If this is the accepted practice.... then the members of all clans (including mine and Kurt_Wolff's  [-WS-]) can get on here and create thousands of individual, separate threads for their clan!

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
11 minutes ago, Nocona said:

The point is.... he could have posted in his clans original thread and you would have seen it when it went to the top.  Instead, he has created yet another thread in this forum... gumming-up the forum with excessive threads.

Like I said, I only browse the recent topics on the main page.  Only newly created threads show up there.  I do understand your concern with clogging up that feed if everyone started doing it though.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
1,673 posts
12,622 battles
10 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

Like I said, I only browse the recent topics on the main page.  Only newly created threads show up there.  I do understand your concern with clogging up that feed if everyone started doing it though.

Again.. you are missing part of the point.  lol.

Anytime that someone types a response on a thread, it automatically moves to the FIRST PAGE (i.e. Up Top) of the forum and the title is displayed in BOLD LETTERS... so you would have seen it anyway .....if he had done that.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
9 minutes ago, Nocona said:

Again.. you are missing part of the point.  lol.

Anytime that someone types a response on a thread, it automatically moves to the FIRST PAGE (i.e. Up Top) of the forum and the title is displayed in BOLD LETTERS... so you would have seen it anyway .....if he had done that.

What?  No, it doesn't.  Are there different viewing options or something?  I'm only look at the Recent Topics feed on the main page.  I think you're talking about the Clan Recruitment page.

Edited by AspiringCodger

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
1,673 posts
12,622 battles
20 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

What?  No, it doesn't.  Are there different viewing options or something?  I'm only look at the Recent Topics feed on the main page.  I think you're talking about the Clan Recruitment page.

You are only using the forum widget "recent topics" that appears in the far right column of the forums home page.  In order to stay up to date with a particular "area" of the forums (such as clan recruiting) and the most recent posts in each of the threads, you can't just simply use that widget... you have to use the actual forum and see the most recent posts (replies) on the threads in that forum, then just select (click) the thread on which you wish to be updated.  In fact, there is a little "blue circle/dot" that will appear to the immediate left of the thread title that indicates that it has new/current replies.    Unfortunately, merely using the home page widget causes viewers to miss a lot of information that are recent/current posts (topic replies).  But even using ONLY the "recent topics" widget on the home page, you would have noticed the post back on 08 Dec 2017 when it was first created and subsequently applied if you were interested in joining.  I noticed that you have been on the WoWs forums for quite a while (rank of Lieutenant and 1,998 posts)... so you definitely would have been around to have seen the Original thread when it was created.

Oh, and BTW, thanks for understanding the importance of not clogging-up the forums with excessive threads.  It's good that you approached the topic reasonably instead of trying to be snarky (like Kurt_Wolff). 

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
8 minutes ago, Nocona said:

You are only using the forum widget "recent topics" that appears in the far right column of the forums home page.  In order to stay up to date with a particular "area" of the forums (such as clan recruiting) and the most recent posts in each of the threads, you can't just simply use that widget... you have to use the actual forum and see the most recent posts (replies) on the threads in that forum, then just select (click) the thread on which you wish to be updated.  IN fact, there is a little "clue circle/dot" that will appear to the immediate left of the thread title that indicates that it has new/current replies.    Unfortunately, merely using the home page widget causes viewers to miss a lot of information that are recent/current posts (topic replies).  But even using ONLY the "recent topics" widget on the home page, you wol post back on 08 Dec 2017 when it was first created and subsequently applied if you were interested in joining.  I noticed that you have been on the WoWs forums for quite a while (rank of Lieutenant and 1,998 posts)... so you definitely would have been around to have seen the Original thread when it was created.

Oh, and BTW, thanks for understanding the importance of not clogging-up the forums with excessive threads.  It's good that you approached the topic reasonably instead of trying to be snarky (like Kurt_Wolff). 

Lol... that was my whole point.  I know there are additional topics and subtopics and whatnot, but I don't care enough to check anything but the Recent Topics feed and I can't imagine I'm the only one.  That's all I was saying.  As far as being around when the original thread was created, I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday let alone what was on a forum four and a half months ago.  Also, I'm a very fickle person.  I go back and forth a lot on what kind of clan, if any, that I want to be part of.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
1,673 posts
12,622 battles

LOL.... ok..... but limiting yourself to only that widget really causes you to miss a lot of good (and sometimes not-so-good) information that other people post as replies to topics that are already created. :smile:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,734 posts
15,946 battles
1 hour ago, C_D said:

Don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to...

An ORIGINAL Fleetwood Mac quote; I'm impressed!

27 minutes ago, Nocona said:

A Family of Friends:

If you are truly "A Family of Friends" then why are you being so unfriendly?

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
1,673 posts
12,622 battles
4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

If you are truly "A Family of Friends" then why are you being so unfriendly?

We... as in those in TSG4... are a Family of Friends.  Also, how do you perceive me helping someone to be more aware of additional info on topics in the forums as unfriendly?  lmbo

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,734 posts
15,946 battles
24 minutes ago, Nocona said:

you perceive me helping

No, I do NOT perceive you as helping; I perceive you as the self-appointed Forum content Nazi, which no one needs.

26 minutes ago, Nocona said:

lmbo

Laugh off anything you want, just do it without 5 separate posts about someone else's Forum content; no one elected you Queen of the May or Forum Cop, so stop trying to be one.

• Cool 6

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
1,673 posts
12,622 battles

See... now *YOU* are the one being salty.

It is merely your PERCEPTION.

Have a nice day!  :waves:

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

An ORIGINAL Fleetwood Mac quote; I'm impressed!

My mother-in-law was a huge Fleetwood Mac fan and actually named my wife after one of their songs lol.

• Cool 1