Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AJTP89

Spotter Module for Ranked

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

795
[WOLF5]
Members
2,163 posts
2,836 battles

So the AL is going to be my ship for Ranked. I'm wondering if it's worth running one of those special modules that extend the time the spotter is in the air. It means pulling the module that decreases risk of main battery damage. The AL/IA/MO seem to lose turrets pretty regularly, so I'm not sure it's worth the increased risk of losing a turret at a crucial moment just to have an extra minute of flight time. What do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,616
[HYDRO]
Members
3,019 posts
4,612 battles

I don't think its that worth it to be honest. The best special upgrade for a BB would probably be the Damage control party one, with the 40% extra duration. I think in USN BBs you can get a time of 28 seconds or something, which practically makes you invulnerable to fires for quite a bit.

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,203
[TBW]
Members
7,567 posts
13,816 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

so I'm not sure it's worth the increased risk of losing a turret at a crucial moment just to have an extra minute of flight time. What do you guys think?

It's good to get the second plane because they get shot down and that is why I wouldn't run extended, they get shot down.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
814
[SF-A]
Members
3,020 posts
6,409 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

It's good to get the second plane because they get shot down and that is why I wouldn't run extended, they get shot down.

 

Different things. Direction Center for Catapult Aircraft (a captain skill) doubles up catapult planes in the air. The special module will extend the time a spotter is in the air by 40%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,203
[TBW]
Members
7,567 posts
13,816 battles
1 minute ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Different things. Direction Center for Catapult Aircraft (a captain skill) doubles up catapult planes in the air. The special module will extend the time a spotter is in the air by 40%.

I wouldn't waste the module and give up better stuff because most of the time your planes will get shot down anyway before the time is up. I am saying that with two planes you get a better chance of at least 1 plane lasting a little longer they usually don't last even as long as the unextended fight times, well unless all that is around is a bad AA DD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
795
[WOLF5]
Members
2,163 posts
2,836 battles

I don't have the catapult center captain skill. Think I'll skip the special module, you guys are right, the planes always get shot down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,026
[-K-]
Members
6,293 posts
10,490 battles
24 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I don't have the catapult center captain skill. Think I'll skip the special module, you guys are right, the planes always get shot down.

Especially if/when you get to the T10 and up bracket.  All those Des Moines, Moskvas, and Minotaurs will shred planes in no time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×