You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ccoel12345

If anyone out there is stuggling with the Izumo....

12 comments in this topic

[-HE-]
Members
119 posts
3,005 battles

Never fire AP. the Izumo forces you to snipe and at long range its AP loses tons of effectiveness. Always fire HE.

ifuego.PNG

ifumo.PNG

isumo.PNG

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

Or, you know, play mid range and enjoy both AP and HE alternating.

[NERO]
Members
3,625 posts

Yeah the "Izumo forces you to snipe" thing is a bit of a myth. A really harmful myth to the reputation of the ship that I believed, tried, and learned to hate the ship because of. Play her normal and you'll do fine with her. She's better than people think. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,848 posts
10,406 battles
5 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Yeah the "Izumo forces you to snipe" thing is a bit of a myth. A really harmful myth to the reputation of the ship that I believed, tried, and learned to hate the ship because of. Play her normal and you'll do fine with her. She's better than people think. 

This is my general thought now too... I played the bow-camping game initially and it wasn't great. She's still a crappy ship, but definitely better if played like a "regular" BB.

The HE game I dunno... there's definitely a few times I've tried against bow-on targets since the AP is so woefully useless against them, but I didn't find the HE particularly inspiring either. It may just be that you have to an aggressive switcher, which I'm not :Smile_sceptic:

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,271 posts
16,867 battles

Izumo's guns are better than Iowa's.  Just gotta be closer to the action to use them.

Members
321 posts
2,719 battles

Izumos one positive is the ridiculous pen on its AP. I dont think Ive actually had an AP round fail to pen something it hits....hitting though is the part izumo greatly falls short.

Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

After grinding Izumo half the way to Yamato, I found the secret to happiness.

Free XP.

I got the heck out of that tub.  :)

Members
1,894 posts
9,827 battles

Hey

I have to admit; it's rare to see an Izumo do any good in a battle.  If I see one on the enemy team; I know that's a target for me to pick on; One has to respect those guns but overall it's a target rich environment and they usually wind up near the bottom of the team roster.  Maybe it's the fact that everyone just camps with them and hardly ever pushes; I just don't seem them as a threat.

Pete

Members
321 posts
2,719 battles
4 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

I have to admit; it's rare to see an Izumo do any good in a battle.  If I see one on the enemy team; I know that's a target for me to pick on; One has to respect those guns but overall it's a target rich environment and they usually wind up near the bottom of the team roster.  Maybe it's the fact that everyone just camps with them and hardly ever pushes; I just don't seem them as a threat.

Pete

I usually get about 100k per game in my izumo, that is of course suggesting I dont get focused by both carriers and torped before I can even leave the spawn, and now I have to worry about a broken torp sniper with its 30k damage DWT's.

[BIER]
Members
7 posts
6,561 battles

Hey

im grinding the Izumo and let me tell you, this turd is not fun at all...

people love to put it on fire and planes do whatever they want with it

-shooting HE? interesting idea, ill try it!

Members
321 posts
2,719 battles
2 minutes ago, Mad__Max1 said:

Hey

im grinding the Izumo and let me tell you, this turd is not fun at all...

people love to put it on fire and planes do whatever they want with it

-shooting HE? interesting idea, ill try it!

IJN HE is utter trash, I wouldnt even consider that as an option. the AP is great though because it pens everything it touches just hitting is the big problem and HE will have the same problem. Seems like the way to play izumo is to go bow on forward then get close and brawl with enemy ships putting all your shells into their citadel, and since you have all your guns on the front you can fire your guns into their citadel before they can usually scoring the kill.