Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Gold for Flags is Cheaper than cash

19 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,515 posts
6,190 battles

So I did a little math, and it appears WG is now selling the flags cheaper when purchased with doubloons than they were when they were available for sale in the premium shop.

Before:
100x +50% xp flags = $7.97 (or so)
100x +300% free xp flags = $2.97 (ish)

Now:
100x +50% xp flags = 800 gold
100x +300% free xp flags = 400 gold

Let's do a little math. . . assuming you buy gold 3,000 at a time for $14.97

50% xp flags
800/3000 = .267
.267 x $14.97 = $3.99

+300% free xp flags
400/3000 = .13
.13 x $14.97 = $2.00

So buying flags with gold, you save about $4 per 100 (50% off!) on the +50%xp flags, and $1 per 100 on the free xp flags.

. . . and that's assuming you buy gold 3,000 at a time.  If you buy it in larger quantities, or on sale, you save more money.

This change is a good thing for people who previously bought flags in the premium shop.

• Cool 4

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

I see it now in the patch notes for 7.5:

“Gold price of signal flags increased by 100%. This change was made to better regulate the in-game economy.”

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,515 posts
6,190 battles
1 minute ago, SavageTactical said:

I see it now in the patch notes for 7.5:

“Gold price of signal flags increased by 100%. This change was made to better regulate the in-game economy.”

This is ridiculous.   WG does something good for us to save us money... and people complain that “they’re probably going to change it.”

No wonder the complain about whiney Americans.   They are 100% right.

• Cool 1

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
6 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

This is ridiculous.   WG does something good for us to save us money... and people complain that “they’re probably going to change it.”

No wonder the complain about whiney Americans.   They are 100% right.

Chill the [edited] out. It was meant to be humorous. 

You know, it seems to me the only foreigners who comment on this forum are the [edited], particularly the especially dense ones.

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,192 battles

Your calculations are all wrong. 50% XP flags cost 16 doubloons not 8 and 300% exp flags are 8 dubs.

100 pack of 50% XP + 50% Cmdr XP + 300% Free XP used to cost $13.99 (correct me if I am wrong). 100 of each of these flags now cost 3000 doubloons in-game which is more than the bundle. 

@TheDreadnought

Edited by sansfaille

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,769 battles
14 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Chill the [edited] out. It was meant to be humorous. 

You know, it seems to me the only foreigners who comment on this forum are the [edited], particularly the especially dense ones.

Where the [edited] does that come from? No reason what so ever to target "foreigners" hell not everyone lives in the same country

[BUOY]
Members
329 posts
9,484 battles

Your prices are a bit off. +50% XP flags are 16 gold per, +300% FXP and +20% credits are 8 per, +50% CXP are 6 and -10% Cost are 4 per.

Excluding sales, the worst doubloon for dollar rate 500 for $2.97 is 0.594, 3000 for $14.88 is 0.496 and the best rate of 25k for $99.99 is 0.4

So 100x +50% XP is $9.51, $7.94 and $6.40 respectively at those rates

FXP and Credits are $4.76, $3.97 and $3.20

CXP is $3.57, $2.98 and $2.40

-Cost is $2.37, $1.99 and $1.60

Which means if you're buying doubloons solely to restock flags as if the individual flag bundles were still available, buying those doubloons in chunks of 3000 for $14.88 is the break even point in real money terms.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,515 posts
6,190 battles
5 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

Your prices are a bit off. +50% XP flags are 16 gold per, +300% FXP and +20% credits are 8 per, +50% CXP are 6 and -10% Cost are 4 per.

Excluding sales, the worst doubloon for dollar rate 500 for $2.97 is 0.594, 3000 for $14.88 is 0.496 and the best rate of 25k for $99.99 is 0.4

So 100x +50% XP is $9.51, $7.94 and $6.40 respectively at those rates

FXP and Credits are $4.76, $3.97 and $3.20

CXP is $3.57, $2.98 and $2.40

-Cost is $2.37, $1.99 and $1.60

Which means if you're buying doubloons solely to restock flags as if the individual flag bundles were still available, buying those doubloons in chunks of 3000 for $14.88 is the break even point in real money terms.

Yeah sorry I was doing the prices from memory from last night.

But the prices they have in there do cost pretty much the exact same as the old premium shop costs.  Except for doubloon sales.

That makes more sense.   I wondered why they suddenly cut their prices.

But the fact remains. You can buy them for  equal to or less than what you paid before.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,698 posts
7,398 battles

Its only cheaper until you have to buy more GOLD with real money and at higher prices than it was before this change. Prices have already risen in the premium shop. Keep watching I'll bet they continue to go up, so much for a way to better regulate the in game economy....remember WG always has an angle worked out when they implement something.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
29 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Where the [edited] does that come from? No reason what so ever to target "foreigners" hell not everyone lives in the same country

Read my quote from the guy. He came from out of the blue with a snide remark about Americans. He’s not the first guy I’ve seen in this forum with petty attacks against Americans. I don’t go to the EU or Russian forum to bad mouth the Europeans or Russians, I expect the same from them. If someone is going to be an a-hole here, I’m going to call them out on it.

edit: Sorry to all of our foreigner NA members who aren’t a-holes. Lost my temper with Dreadnaught.

Edited by SavageTactical

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,874 posts
8,928 battles
59 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

So I did a little math, and it appears WG is now selling the flags cheaper when purchased with doubloons than they were when they were available for sale in the premium shop.

Before:
100x +50% xp flags = $7.97 (or so)
100x +300% free xp flags = $2.97 (ish)

Now:
100x +50% xp flags = 800 gold
100x +300% free xp flags = 400 gold

Let's do a little math. . . assuming you buy gold 3,000 at a time for $14.97

50% xp flags
800/3000 = .267
.267 x $14.97 = $3.99

+300% free xp flags
400/3000 = .13
.13 x $14.97 = $2.00

So buying flags with gold, you save about $4 per 100 (50% off!) on the +50%xp flags, and $1 per 100 on the free xp flags.

. . . and that's assuming you buy gold 3,000 at a time.  If you buy it in larger quantities, or on sale, you save more money.

This change is a good thing for people who previously bought flags in the premium shop.

im just wondering why theres no credit option alongside the dubloons, i would have liked something else to use my credits for, but meh

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,149 posts
7,159 battles
5 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Read my quote from the guy. He came from out of the blue with a snide remark about Americans. He’s not the first guy I’ve seen in this forum with petty attacks against Americans. I don’t go to the EU or Russian forum to bad mouth the Europeans or Russians, I expect the same from them. If someone is going to be an a-hole here, I’m going to call them out on it.

Bloomington, Ill. moved to Europe?     When did this happen?  Why wasn't I told?

Heads will roll by God!

Edited by JCC45
  • Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Members
835 posts
6,170 battles
2 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Also, lists Bloomington, IL as location, so trolling or just going off. Either way, completely legit to call them on it. Manners maketh the man.

[YORHA]
Members
4,149 posts
7,159 battles
2 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

Also, lists Bloomington, IL as location, so trolling or just going off. Either way, completely legit to call them on it. Manners maketh the man.

Clothes make the man

Manners makes you a girly-man.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,921 posts
7,074 battles
11 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

He’s not the first guy I’ve seen in this forum with petty attacks against Americans. I don’t go to the EU or Russian forum to bad mouth the Europeans or Russians, I expect the same from them.

Are you sure it wasn't an Aussie or a Canadian? :Smile_teethhappy: 

[BUOY]
Members
329 posts
9,484 battles
20 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

im just wondering why theres no credit option alongside the dubloons, i would have liked something else to use my credits for, but meh

AFAIK, things that only provide in game benefits like Type 5 camo have always been available for credits, things that have only economic benefits or economic benefits attached like Type 6 have never been sold for credits.

edit: On the NA server, I just remembered the EU server used to have some ridiculous bundle that was 55x of each flag for $55.55 as the only way for players on that server to buy economic signals while on the Chinese server the Mosaic camo is something like: 'costs 800 gold but if an enemy shoots at you their shells / torps get reflected back at them because you paid us 800 gold for a one time use camo and so deserve to win.'

Edited by lloyd1701

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,515 posts
6,190 battles
2 hours ago, SavageTactical said:

edit: Sorry to all of our foreigner NA members who aren’t a-holes. Lost my temper with Dreadnaught.

Hey [edited], I'm an American.

I was referring to the fact that many of the Russian WG people have made private comments about the whining from Americans on here.  Lately I have to agree with them.

If the shoe fits. . . 

If you don't want to be called out as a whiner, stop acting like one.  "Jokes" about complaints on here are not funny. . . as the forum is so flooded with them it just becomes part of the problem.

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,879 battles

The cost of the flags in game for loons is the same cost if you purchased loons from the premium shop, (4200 loons).  However it is cheaper to buy the 50x, 100x, 300x 5 Flag bundle from the premium shop as they come with a discount.  The same is true if you can purchase the loons with a discount.

Sign in to follow this