You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LancerUlysses

Frustrate CV players with one Weird Trick

24 comments in this topic

[MIA-I]
Privateers
1,250 posts
12,331 battles

If (and only if), you want to irritate CV players, 'Leave Queue' when you see at least 2 CVs queue up. Do your part to make them wait longer for drops. :)

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,637 battles

The only loser in this scenario is you. When I queue up in a CV, I expect a longer waiting time. This does not do anything to frustrate me.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,078 posts
6,207 battles
7 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

If (and only if), you want to irritate CV players, 'Leave Queue' when you see at least 2 CVs queue up. Do your part to make them wait longer for drops. :)

Good plan  You now have a bullseye on your back for CV players that read this thread. FYI, it wont work. Many times will you hop into a game with CV's when there are none showing in the queue.

While in my CV's I take pleasure in picking on certain individuals who whine about CV's. I just dont run into them often enough!

• Cool 4

Supertester
164 posts
4,348 battles
4 minutes ago, Hatework said:

The only loser in this scenario is you. When I queue up in a CV, I expect a longer waiting time. This does not do anything to frustrate me

This, especially at high tier.  

Nice attempt, though, I rate it 5/7 pizzas.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,717 posts
10,984 battles
5 minutes ago, Hatework said:

The only loser in this scenario is you. When I queue up in a CV, I expect a longer waiting time. This does not do anything to frustrate me.

This, it is nothing more than cutting off your nose to spite your face.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,458 posts
8,357 battles
15 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

I do when there is only 1 :Smile_ohmy:

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I'll be fine. People will hop into the queue not knowing CVs are there, and we'll get our games all the same.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,049 posts

I'm a regular CV user..   Trying to figure out what frustrates me the most...

Oh yeah..  An EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD CV PLAYER frustrates the heck out of me.

Someone who can baits me into a strafe, then strafes me right after I come out of it, wiping me out without them losing a plane.

Fights me for SPOTTING RIGHTS in the center of the map with skill and ferocity.

CV op who has good teammates with AA ships covering his/her planes while I have to detour around them.

Other operators who hit the brakes and turns into my manual torp drops instead of sailing straight into the set.  Frustrates me to get 0-1 hit out of a drop.

DDs that find a gap in my team show up 6KM off my carrier side, setting me on fire, with torps already on the way.

but people who are looking at that fake screen-saver 'waiting' list....  whatever.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
234 posts
135 battles
30 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Personally, I find Saipan + Kidd + Mk divs work best for irritating CV players

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,545 posts
4,203 battles

But by leaving the queue, you're also waiting longer to get into a match. If you think doing that is worth it, go right ahead.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
4,724 posts
8,074 battles

I am a fearless man.  I don't care if there are 5 carriers in a match. Fearless.:Smile_izmena:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,608 posts
14,842 battles

If everybody did this (not recommended by me!), then not only would everyone wind up in a CV match at approximately the same rate they do now, but will wind up in one with very few ships...where one of those ships is a CV!!!!  In one's attempt to frustrate the CV player they would merely be frustrating themselves by finding themselves in a CV match where they are one of only a few targets for the CV!!!!

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,716 battles
3 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

If everybody did this (not recommended by me!), then not only would everyone wind up in a CV match at approximately the same rate they do now, but will wind up in one with very few ships...where one of those ships is a CV!!!!  In one's attempt to frustrate the CV player they would merely be frustrating themselves by finding themselves in a CV match where they are one of only a few targets for the CV!!!!

Yup, i remember divisoning last night with a des moines and montana and me in my hakaryu and we got in a 3v3... now of course they where aa spec and i had 3.3.2. Set up

[KNMSU]
Members
5,552 posts
5,725 battles
45 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

Good plan  You now have a bullseye on your back for CV players that read this thread. FYI, it wont work. Many times will you hop into a game with CV's when there are none showing in the queue.

While in my CV's I take pleasure in picking on certain individuals who whine about CV's. I just dont run into them often enough!

I don't think the vast majority of players harbor any personal vendettas. You are being more than a bit silly.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,182 posts
15,382 battles

Last season of rank I made it all the way to Rank 1 by using this simple trick. Never faced a CV while grinding those stars.

But if I really wanted to frustrate a CV I just play my Destroyers who pack Defensive Fire. 

:cap_cool:

• Cool 2

[-GPS-]
Members
2,739 posts
28,499 battles
58 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

No.  Simply no.

Pop into queue and see 2 or more CVs, pop out and select AA ship, then pop back in.  You might miss the CVs but you might not.  It's best to select something they won't immediately recognize as a threat.  Shooting down 20 planes with Farragut over the weekend... that was hilarious although I don't think I made friends.  Grozovoi vs. Tier 8 CVs is just cruel.  Also hilarious.

Saipan, Belfast, Atlanta div.  I think that was one of the games where the enemy carrier ultimately torped himself on purpose.  In addition to everything else, Belfast has darned good AA.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,049 posts

I always keep a couple of those campaign missions unfinished.

>> Shoot down 20 planes <<

I always stop them before they complete.

Absolute guarantee you won't see any carriers all day.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,739 posts
28,499 battles
3 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Last season of rank I made it all the way to Rank 1 by using this simple trick. Never faced a CV while grinding those stars.

But if I really wanted to frustrate a CV I just play my Destroyers who pack Defensive Fire. 

:cap_cool:

There is one DD that I won't mention that is a true terror.  It's not very popular and most CV players don't even know it can take Defensive AA.  Leave your AA off until the planes actually spot you and then...

[DOG]
Members
588 posts
7,375 battles

I've apparently got the opposite problem.  When I'm driving Atlanta, Cleveland, or Nurnberg C hull, there are days I can't find a CV to save my life.  But I had one last night, though, who actually tried to bomb my Atlanta twice, let one of his fighter squadrons chase some torpedo bombers right over my ship, and didn't turn away when I went to provide AA cover to a friendly cruiser.  I shot down 19 planes that game.  It was hilarious.

Members
22,706 posts
5,794 battles
1 hour ago, LancerUlysses said:

And then what? Sit in port for some length of time and try again?

Booting up a game, just so I can not play it, seems to run counter to the reason I would boot up the game in the first place.....

Same reason I have so many more posts than games. When I have time to actually sit down at my PC, I'm there to play, not (and no offense intended) have a kaffeeklatch with you lot. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,629 posts
11,692 battles

I thought the best way to frustrate them was to claim that 2016, 2017 and 2018 are each 'the year of the Carrier' then basically nerf them a bit, release some OP premiums and run away without doing a rework?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,845 posts
10,376 battles
10 minutes ago, mofton said:

I thought the best way to frustrate them was to claim that 2016, 2017 and 2018 are each 'the year of the Carrier' then basically nerf them a bit, release some OP premiums and run away without doing a rework?

That just frustrates everyone else :Smile_teethhappy:

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,304 posts
7,299 battles

Fleet,

Topics for discussion in the Forums must be constructive and do not single out any specific group or individual player.

The discussion also must not be intended to cause unrest or meant to harass other players and must be civil.

Please remember these guidelines when creating posts or replying to topics in the Forums.

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1