You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Can you sell all your stock modules in the inventory for credits?

17 comments in this topic

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,170 posts
4,934 battles

Only consequence is that you have to rebuy the module to use it again. Other than that if you have excess modules that you know you won't use and need the credits, go for it.

[FTWRK]
Members
381 posts
10,067 battles

I sell them all the time. No consequences, unless you want to revert to stock modules for some reason, like some guns on a few rare ships. Apart from that they are free credits.

( I can only think of bogatyr and Frederich der grosse where I reverted to stock guns)

Edited by The_Grand_One

Members
3,965 posts
8,609 battles
4 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

( I can only think of bogatyr and Frederich der grosse where I reverted to stock guns)

Or the Mogami, switching between 155 and 203mm guns.

[FTWRK]
Members
381 posts
10,067 battles
1 minute ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I wouldn't know, haven't grinded my way there yet but good to know :cap_like:

[ARGSY]
Members
10,678 posts
7,007 battles
21 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

unless you want to revert to stock modules for some reason, like some guns on a few rare ships.

One more example: Erie's gun upgrade is from 5 inch to 6 inch, which gives her a bit of a whallop at Tier 1 but also rules out the use of BFT and AFT if you want to go down and mix with the hardcore Tier 1 players who use 19 point captains and duel with guns and wits alone.

I never upgraded Bogatyr's guns, because if I wanted a 130mm Bogatyr I just used the Svietlana (and got torpedoes and a sprinkling of AA into the bargain).

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,049 posts

Cleveland and New Orleans:  Same as the Mogami except you are trading turret rotation for reloading time.

Don't sell the CV modules...  except the stock Zuiho..  yeah..  get rid of that one.

Various torpedo sets trade speed for range.  One of the RN cruisers comes to mind.  Depends on the mission..  Faster torps will land more, but kill you quicker from risk factors.  One I was looking at last night on the RU DDs has a choice of 6km vs 4km range, but speeds like 55 Knot and 65 Knot respectively.  Faster torps work better for those Co-Op torpedo hit tasks..  Keep them around.

Apart from that...   The rest of the modules you can generally dump...

Oh wait...  A-Hull on the Independence has 2) 5" gun secondaries..  B-Hull has zip.

Mixed batch -- use your noodle.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,458 posts
8,358 battles
33 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Can you? Or are their unpleasant consequences?

Yes, you can sell all modules , flags, camo and other stuff that has a credit or doubloon value. Special event stuff, no you cannot sell ATT.

[DNTZ]
Members
291 posts
13,929 battles
33 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I think 155s and IFHE are the way to go.  If anyone has a good case for the 203s I'd love to hear it.  I think the difference in reloads makes 203s difficult to go with.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,732 posts
10,984 battles
8 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

I think 155s and IFHE are the way to go.  If anyone has a good case for the 203s I'd love to hear it.  I think the difference in reloads makes 203s difficult to go with.

I love the 8" guns on the Mogami because you have the punch to citadel any cruiser and the added ability to citadel same tier and lower, sometimes higher, BB's. YMMV so each player needs to go with what works for them.

Members
3,965 posts
8,609 battles
13 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I love the 8" guns on the Mogami because you have the punch to citadel any cruiser and the added ability to citadel same tier and lower, sometimes higher, BB's. YMMV so each player needs to go with what works for them.

And that, ladies & gentlemen, is why people switch between the two.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,732 posts
10,984 battles
2 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

And that, ladies & gentlemen, is why people switch between the two.

I hate the 6'" because you rely on starting fires and you are impotent if you can't get them going. I find the 8" to be the blue pill that the Mogami needs to perform.

Members
3,965 posts
8,609 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I hate the 6'" because you rely on starting fires and you are impotent if you can't get them going. I find the 8" to be the blue pill that the Mogami needs to perform.

I agree actually as I have enough other ships that specialize in flaming. But I do switch back and forth.

She's a great ship.

Members
849 posts
14,844 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Have you used the 155 with IFHE? That's anything but impotent.

203 Mogami is simply an inferior Atago.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,732 posts
10,984 battles
Just now, grumpymunky said:

Have you used the 155 with IFHE? That's anything but impotent.

203 Mogami is simply an inferior Atago.

Yes I have, for myself I just don't do well with the 6's. I just can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside with the 6's but do fine with the 8's. Like I said, YMMV, over in WoT the universally hated M3 Lee is my most played tank by a wide margin and I have 10k matches.

Members
22,745 posts
5,794 battles
1 hour ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

I can, I don't think you are allowed to though....

[4TAC]
Members
946 posts
4,320 battles
2 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Yes, go to player name (drop down ) to Inventory  and select modules. That will pull up all the ones not mounted on any ships of .yours that you have bought and swapped out. I waited about 6 months to sell all mine , just held them as a 'bank " till I decide to sell all them at one time. Now I sell them immediately after I have replaced them (researched and bought a better module) and installed  .

Note: people do mention saving some stock modules like torps and some CV Loadouts.  I suggest also looking at the "rangefinder" modules , sometimes it is best not to buy the improved /longer range  version  at all for some ships or keeping the old one till you decide what works better for you. If the ship is a short range brawler or has guns only effective/accurate at shorter ranges buying the long range module will add 10% dispersion, so it might be a better  to stay with the "shorter" range module  and not bother buying/researching the longer range version. (though you might have to research it to get the next ship in the line-I forget) , still you don't have to buy it. I am doing this with my French] BB Normandie as she is short range and that extra 1.5? km is kind of useless to me , and is a bad deal to add dispersion to my shorter range use.

Edited by Strachwitz666
  • Cool 1