You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Buzzardsluck

If you are Pink..................

34 comments in this topic

[HMSC]
Members
400 posts
6,965 battles

and you are AFK in a co-op game, you should get another 20 points that you have to clear before playing Random. These are the sort of players WOW is trying to punish and they deserve it. Should be a color color chart for them. Maybe a dunce cap. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,683 posts
12,344 battles
25 minutes ago, Buzzardsluck said:

and you are AFK in a co-op game, you should get another 20 points that you have to clear before playing Random. These are the sort of players WOW is trying to punish and they deserve it. Should be a color color chart for them. Maybe a dunce cap. 

have you seen afk people in co op already

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

With all the posts about "pink" players, I really hope that the WoWS community doesn't start treating all pink players the same. The majority are still just going to be players that had a friendly kill and are wearing their colour and serving their time. 

Not every pink boat is deserving of punishment

• Cool 4

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,020 posts
9,434 battles
51 minutes ago, Buzzardsluck said:

Hey, did it ever occur to you that they aren't AFK and in fact at their keyboard screaming obscenities mixed in with the word "load" cause this idiotic change punishes anyone with a tech issue even if it's on WG's end?

• Cool 4

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,683 posts
12,344 battles
Just now, Capt_h2o said:

With all the posts about "pink" players, I really hope that the WoWS community doesn't start treating all pink players the same. The majority are still just going to be players that had a friendly kill and are wearing their colour and serving their time. 

I never worry about pink players, most of the time its an accident

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,606 battles
41 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Hey, did it ever occur to you that they aren't AFK and in fact at their keyboard screaming obscenities mixed in with the word "load" cause this idiotic change punishes anyone with a tech issue even if it's on WG's end?

Alpha bro.

Bug reports like we used to. Otherwise... fix your junk. Complaints without details results in zero progress.

Fix_it_Felix_Jr.thumb.jpg.54d1a22a9c4908a736c56b6eb1487336.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RVNHQ]
Members
69 posts
24,908 battles

I am a coop main. My take on pink players is and has been to treat them as just another player on my team. I try to support them, as I would for any other team mate, and help them work that penalty off. I do this  because I know what it is like to be pink as even I have been penalized for being wrong. LOL.

In any case. as long as you are really trying to work the penalty off, and actively working to help the team. I will be there to help.

• Cool 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,052 posts

It would be ironic if the guilty parties they want to punish are still getting away with their offenses.

How about those 'level-up'  bot users who let their machines run all night, accumulating XP and a few credits from just sailing around.

I don't think these new rules will detect/punish them.

This all seems like a drama ploy.

And now the big question:  Can I turn pink in OPERATIONS for being AFK?

Members
22,772 posts
5,794 battles
56 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

So if you load into a game quite late, but play after, you get tagged as AFK? How late do you have to be? What happens if you load in ok, DC partway through the match, then come back?

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,020 posts
9,434 battles
8 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Alpha bro.

Bug reports like we used to. Otherwise... fix your junk. Complaints without details results in zero progress.

Fix_it_Felix_Jr.thumb.jpg.54d1a22a9c4908a736c56b6eb1487336.jpg

If I could figure it out, I'd bloody tell them. Beyond the fact it's that "sporadic loading times" crap they fixed a year+ back that became unfixed. It's that or suddenly being DC'd to the login screen. Or any of the times the game has become unresponsive/outright crashed since I was forced to install the game center to try Warplanes 2.no. And I've run out of things on my end to try and fix. The router, use a direct line in, defrag, game repair, no mods, list goes and even then, I have had no issue with World of Tanks, none with Warthunder, none with Smite, none with EU FF 14 servers, none on my Xbox1 with BF1 on Wireless in a room that usually has wireless issues - I'm out of ideas of things to fix. I've put as much detail as I can in posts, tickets, the bloody surveys they send out since the thing unfixed itself.

[RVNHQ]
Members
69 posts
24,908 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

So if you load into a game quite late, but play after, you get tagged as AFK? How late do you have to be? What happens if you load in ok, DC partway through the match, then come back?

If you get in to the game before it ends and finish the game. You are supposed to be OK. Now whether that works out to be the case is unknown for the moment. It will probably take time to get the system tuned to where Wargaming wants it. But in any case you should not be penalized.

[VOP]
Members
394 posts
7,531 battles
10 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

If I could figure it out, I'd bloody tell them. Beyond the fact it's that "sporadic loading times" crap they fixed a year+ back that became unfixed. It's that or suddenly being DC'd to the login screen. Or any of the times the game has become unresponsive/outright crashed since I was forced to install the game center to try Warplanes 2.no. And I've run out of things on my end to try and fix. The router, use a direct line in, defrag, game repair, no mods, list goes and even then, I have had no issue with World of Tanks, none with Warthunder, none with Smite, none with EU FF 14 servers, none on my Xbox1 with BF1 on Wireless in a room that usually has wireless issues - I'm out of ideas of things to fix. I've put as much detail as I can in posts, tickets, the bloody surveys they send out since the thing unfixed itself.

If you are running ships with the game client software and do not have the original launcher. I have it here...WoWS_internet_install_na.zip

Don't know if that will help or not but it might be worth a try. I have never had to do a reinstall from the original launcher software. Hope I just didn't jinx myself.:Smile_facepalm: 

• Cool 1

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

I'm happy when there's an afk in co-op.

That's just more for me to kill.

Seriously..

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,606 battles
18 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

....have you resorted to using pingplotter like I had to back in the 5.X era before I stopped playing?

Members
3,973 posts
8,618 battles

When you're pink
Faces come out of the rain
When you're pink
No one remembers your name
When you're pink
When you're pink
When you're pink...

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,299 posts
14,440 battles

I am not sure how new Pink system works.

But, on old system, in order for a game to count towards removal of pink status, you had to do some damage to enemy ships.

On a side note, I have a perfect way to punish those AFK pinks, but WG friend on me saying what it is.

[HINON]
Members
2,902 posts
20,820 battles
1 hour ago, USMCGal said:

If you are running ships with the game client software and do not have the original launcher. I have it here...WoWS_internet_install_na.zip

Don't know if that will help or not but it might be worth a try. I have never had to do a reinstall from the original launcher software. Hope I just didn't jinx myself.:Smile_facepalm: 

Dude this is a godsend. Installing WoWs from the new game center fails on my work network. The original installer works perfectly. You rock.

[VOP]
Members
394 posts
7,531 battles
1 minute ago, giovybez said:

Dude this is a godsend. Installing WoWs from the new game center fails on my work network. The original installer works perfectly. You rock.

Oh thank you!

Glad I could help someone out! That has been downloaded 500 times so far! :Smile_honoring:

[VW]
Members
2,496 posts
14,473 battles
1 hour ago, Wulfgarn said:

I'm happy when there's an afk in co-op.

That's just more for me to kill.

Seriously..

this is the essence of the non issue. the same is absolutely true in random, yet somehow we've arrived to where we are now! :fish_boom:

[TDR]
Beta Testers
27 posts
10,871 battles
3 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

I agree fully.    I had a cleveland shooting me and I  was returning fire for over a minute when our destroyer with 50HP left decided to ram the Cleveland. One of my shells hit the Destroyer and I turned pink. I apologized to the Destroyer player in game chat and later in a PM. He replied No worries he was trying to ram the guy and either way he was dead.  It cost me 7 pink games for 50HP damage   while in those 7 pink  games I did an average of 60K damage or more,  So not all Pinks are the same is what i'm saying, it happens.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,458 posts
8,372 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

You still be pink 

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,020 posts
9,434 battles
5 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

....have you resorted to using pingplotter like I had to back in the 5.X era before I stopped playing?

Yeah, I have, running it right now - no packet loss, no weird things on my end as it hits and stays at about 10 ms, until you get to the Wargaming side where you have the sudden jump from an average of 10 to 76-80 ms. Though still no indication of packet loss there.

[TMS]
Members
2,386 posts
24,598 battles

Im pink right now, can't really help when a BB goes yoloing into 7 reds solo and gets one of my torps.

He didn't need to push into them at all, he was unspotted and behind a rock nice and safe, all of a sudden he charges into my line of fire which i have been torping non stop for at least 6 mins.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Final8ty

[2347]
Members
307 posts
6,651 battles

I never knew it (AFK) was a massively huge problem until wargaming decided to fix it...Well done!

Members
12 posts
1,924 battles
2 minutes ago, _Starbuck said:

I never knew it (AFK) was a massively huge problem until wargaming decided to fix it...Well done!

Meanwhile Wall hacking is still a huge problem but WG can't fix it because of developer limitations.