Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
buzz_bomb

Duca D' Aosta 14 pt captain recomendations

6 comments in this topic

[TF16]
Members
60 posts
4,723 battles

Right now I'm about to get a 14 pt captain for my Duca D' Aosta. I like the ship a lot but I wanted to get some opinions on what captain skills really maximize its effectiveness the most?

At the moment I am considering:

1. Preventative maintenance 

2. Adrenaline rush or expert marksman

3. Demo expert

4. Concealment and IFHE. 

I don't currently have IFHE and I have both A/R and EM so I'm thinking of respecting my 14th point to the above build. The big change would be adding IFHE. I hear it is highly recommended but exactly what types of ship will it be more effective against? Do you guys have any other thoughts on builds? What do you think would be next? I plan to eventually take this to 19 points. 

Also, does anyone know how long the free captain respec will go until? 

Edited by buzz_bomb

[-K-]
Members
6,269 posts
10,486 battles

You're really going to need IFHE to get any kind of reliable damage with D'Aosta's guns.  The fire chance is so abysmal that you need that consistent penetration ability with the 152's, especially against the T8 ships you're inevitably going to face.  With that being said, here is what I would run for a 14 point build:

Capture.JPG

Members
1,896 posts
9,838 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

You're really going to need IFHE to get any kind of reliable damage with D'Aosta's guns.  The fire chance is so abysmal that you need that consistent penetration ability with the 152's, especially against the T8 ships you're inevitably going to face.  With that being said, here is what I would run for a 14 point build:

Capture.JPG

Hey

What would you add for the remaining 5 pts, to get the most for your Italian dollar?

Pete

[SYN]
Members
15,331 posts
12,175 battles

last 5pts are for adrenalin rush and superintendent.

[MOO]
Members
57 posts
6,526 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

+1 for Adrenaline Rush, but I think you would be better off taking Vigilance.  Duca is as long as a freight train, and turns like one too, so the more time you have to react to torpedoes, the better off you'll be.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
6,269 posts
10,486 battles
2 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

Pretty much.  It will give you an extra charge on Defensive Fire and a Scout Plane, the latter of which I highly recommend.

1 hour ago, motormouth85 said:

+1 for Adrenaline Rush, but I think you would be better off taking Vigilance.  Duca is as long as a freight train, and turns like one too, so the more time you have to react to torpedoes, the better off you'll be.

Unless you're playing her as a DD hunter, Vigilance is almost a waste.  Even then, she is only good in the opening moments of contesting a cap, because you will get focused hard once all the other ships start to engage the capture point.

D'Aosta is definitely not a good front line ship as BB's will blast you out of the water with ease.  I'd preferably take Superintendent over Vigilance as she is more of a long range spammer than anything else.  Her speed and maneuverability are very good and should be able to get you out of most tight situations.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this