You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Virginia_Mountainman

Pink?! For this?!

111 comments in this topic

Members
23,165 posts
5,841 battles
6 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

They will do nothing but give an auto response, their customer service is kinda rubbish

True, but if they get enough tickets, they'll make some adjustments to the penalty system I'm sure

Beta Testers
2,700 posts
12,360 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Plus what I disagree with is the following: that the players who have equipment issues are being held to the same level as someone who logs out of a battle because their team is losing there is a HUGE difference between the two.

Yes there is, and I have myself had the critical error message pop up  myself, but not that often, and I have always been able to rejoin the game with no issues.

The new system is more nuanced and enables us to determine the degree of a player's guilt more accurately

With the public test finished, and the update going live, I am actually surprised nothing of this has been mention in the forums, so it would appear they were either waiting to see how it works on the actual server, and waiting for the issues to arise, or they were happy with it and concluded if your afk your afk regardless of crashes or not.

WG might need a base line, that they could not get in the test server. 

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
6 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

True, but if they get enough tickets, they'll make some adjustments to the penalty system I'm sure

God I hope so, and I hope they used a little common sense in doing it.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
13 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Please read this 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/anti-abuse-system/

this is the first paragraph,

The new system is more nuanced and enables us to determine the degree of a player's guilt more accurately, adjusting the penalties accordingly. As before, the status of players directly depends on their actions in battle and is shown by the color of the nickname.

When a user violates the rules, is "AFK" in battle, or attacks allies, the system first simply prompts such players to think about their behavior and start playing fairly, while the player's nickname turns pink. The warning itself contains information about what the player was punished for.

That doesn’t support you arguement at all. You’re grasping at the “AFK” part, however the player was never “Away From Keyboard.” He did not intentionally log off or quit the match. Punishing the player for system failures does not solve the problem of player intentionally quiting. 

Members
23,165 posts
5,841 battles
9 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

God I hope so, and I hope they used a little common sense in doing it.

The response will be automated, but I'm sure they're looking at ones specifically regarding this new system, since it's new.

[NVY]
Members
23 posts
5,456 battles

I think the logic is sound to punish rage quitters the problem is implementation. It's pretty easy for WG to know if the player clicked "EXIT Battle" by logging the the action. If that action isn't logged then the game crashed. Yes I realize you could just mash your computers power button but let's be honest, punishing players for crashes is pretty harsh. There are working arounds for most things, just have to weigh the pros and cons. 

• Cool 1

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
17 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I am alive right. It's not only to punish intentional quitters, but intentional AFKers.

If you should happen to be caught up in this repeatedly I suggest you look at the picture I posted above.. and fix. your. stuff.

First, I’m not the OP, so telling me to fix my stuff is completely off the mark and shows your lack of situational awareness. 

Second, the OP was never Away From Keyboard (AFK) so that argument is invalid. 

Beta Testers
2,700 posts
12,360 battles
15 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

is very much a sledgehammer being used on a egg - Yes it will open the egg, but you are not going to have much afterwards

Love the analogy but here's some points

What weight was the sledge hammer

How big a swing was used

What type of egg is used as different eggs have different shell densities

The person using the sledge hammer were they a vegan and if so were they able to actually break an egg 

I know this sounds stupid but relay it into this entire rules that they have now, they even said they were not going to divulge information on how it was all worked out, so no one knows what will lay in the future with the punishment system

4 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

That doesn’t support you arguement at all. You’re grasping at the “AFK” part, however the player was never “Away From Keyboard.” He did not intentionally log off or quit the match. Punishing the player for system failures does not solve the problem of player intentionally quiting. 

This is official WG media, I'm not grasping at anything as it clearly states "AFK".

There are many reason for AFK but wargaming decided not to inform anyone else of their reasons, I guess they have lumped it all into one basket.

I mean Maybe AFK is the wrong terminology for WG, maybe it should be.

ftmsm - failure to make ship move, nah 

nib - not in battle, nah

sim - ship isn't moving, nah

iahamdbtgc - i am here at my desk but the game crashed, nah

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
8 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I know this sounds stupid but relay it into this entire rules that they have now, they even said they were not going to divulge information on how it was all worked out, so no one knows what will lay in the future with the punishment system

My whole point is the whole AFK rule set is not a well thought out system, it is a quick fix to get some players to hush up about AFKs ruining their game!

It is lumping all AFK'ers in one pile, and this will affect player population. Which I know many of you do not care about, but as a player who wants to see this game grow it does not make sense to drive away paying customers.

• Cool 2

[DUCC]
Members
2,018 posts
7,107 battles

For the sake of practicality, is there any way for WG to distinguish between someone who has technical problems and someone who voluntarily quit? You can tell when someone is AFK because they're loaded in and their turrets have rotated from the neutral position, but if someone wanted to rage quit, they could just crash the game client or turn off their computer. I'm not sure how WG is supposed to differentiate this from a power surge. I got disconnected mid round yesterday because the power went out for a minute. I didn't get a penalty because I had already been playing, but were that to occur at the beginning of the round and I didn't load back in time, I would have been penalized.

• Cool 1

[TNG-2]
Beta Testers
4,294 posts
8,736 battles

I don't get how people have so many crash reports on this game. I haven't had one single crash since I started playing in 2015, the only times I had problems and was forced out of battles were because of internet connection problems and that has nothing to do with the game or the team. If I were punished for losing my internet connection and other 11 players lost a battle because of me, I'd happily accept a punishment for it -- they're not getting those 20 minutes back and have the right to be upset at me even if I'm not directly responsible for what happened.

On the surprising amounts of claims that people crash all the time in this game, I have no sympathy for those. I never experience said problems at all, none to this day. Clearly there's something wrong with their rig or equipment or settings and a few battles in co-op might be just the encouragement they need to go look up how to fix the problems that are on their end and prevent them from causing further problems to the people that are on their teams.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[NG-NL]
Members
5,822 posts
9,443 battles

I'm not sure there's any need for WG to distinguish between tech problems and quitting before his ship fell. All the griefers have to do is unplug their internet connection or force-close their client, then make up a story about having faulty internet. You really think WG is going to research to determine truthfulness here?

I'm just grateful something is being done about the afk problem.

• Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
1,714 posts
9,510 battles
7 hours ago, Virginia_Mountainman said:

Congratulations, this will be the second time I have ever been pink in warships from closed beta...This is the last sort of nonsense I want to deal with at 2AM local time after about 12 hrs of work in the real world. 

Like so many posts, the answer to this one is "Send in a Support ticket"

I will be willing to put with some wrong moves as long as it does help with the griever issues. 

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
393 posts
10,258 battles
7 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

This is exactly the problem that I was worried about... users were so concerned with "punishing" other users for actions that they personally felt were unforgivable that nobody stopped to think about what happens when the problem is out of your control.
It shouldn't be based on leaving the battle, it should be based on hitting the quit button

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

My connection drops me from games but I always gamely try to re-load the client in time to continue contributing to the fight, even if its a bust for any chance of winning.  I'm going to have to start writing a log beside my computer and filing a report for every time my ISP decides to troll me?

Automatic systems like this are problematic.  You capture a wide swath of people with different rigs and internet arrangements who aren't malicious.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,698 posts
7,420 battles
3 hours ago, Skpstr said:

It may be that enough of those tickets have to come from their own dedicated swear by it fan bois anti co-op PVP top players that may turn 'Orange' and are thereby prevented from playing PVP. At the rate I suspect many are gong to turn different colors, it will not be a very long wait. 

[WOLF7]
Members
11,846 posts
8 hours ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

Watch out for those Florida Oranges!

But we don't get to see them....they all show up as pink to other players...:Smile_sad:

Beta Testers
12 posts
7,625 battles

OP here.. 

Checking in, before I go to work in the "real world" again:Smile_coin:

A few more of my thoughts on this:

1. If I had kept trying multiple times to enter battles, and crashing on hitting the battle button, or even after a second attempt to enter battle, being pink would not have bothered me very much, I would have accepted that as reasonable, but to be pink for the FIRST crash, at the first sign of trouble is pure B.S. even internet drops would have been ok, even though those where technically not my fault, and do happen from time to time, I can usually re-enter battle in time...  To me it seems to be much more reasonable before the pink penalty is applied is too look and see has this recently happened before? like over the last few dozen matches.. They say their system is "more nuanced" it's clearly not if it punishes on the first crash.

2. Wargaming has taught us, over the years that Pink, IS the penalty, before bans... Orange should have been the new warning color, and pink should have been kept as the "your about to get banned" color. IMHO this is a silly oversight on their part. 

3. Being pink, does come with consequences, and consequences to your team..your forced to play so carefully because if anyone rubs you, you get reflected damage, and it extends your "pinkness" for an extra match, unfortunately some players take pride in "ramming pinky" just out of spite. So the smart thing to do as a pink player, that does not want to "do his time" in co-ops, is to play singularly...In a team game.... It simply "is what it is". I have long thought that they should set a very low threshold for team damage that the system would ignore, something like  less than 50 hp, or atleast only penalize the ship that was moving faster for the collision damage. That would fix most of that problem

[RKLES]
Members
9,030 posts
10,828 battles
10 hours ago, Virginia_Mountainman said:

Get home from work, late at night, all the teenagers and the wife are sound asleep, sit down to play some warships, and the game crashes, and crashes hard as soon as I hit the battle button.... Run the repair program, it finds problems, and corrects them...Load back in...and PINK.... Team Kill penalty applied.....:Smile_facepalm:

Simple because the game crashed .....ONCE.....You really need to work on this, for a single game crash to turn someone pink? What if YOUR GAME crashes again? Will I get banished to Co-Op? I say this as a player with well over 100 ships in port, mostly high tier, and over 7,000 battles.

Congratulations, this will be the second time I have ever been pink in warships from closed beta...This is the last sort of nonsense I want to deal with at 2AM local time after about 12 hrs of work in the real world. 

542cf19b-d8f4-4f01-9e56-ddc8e21c3132.jpg

I believe only the Orange players get banished to Co-Op for a while

[DUCC]
Members
2,018 posts
7,107 battles
9 hours ago, Woofship said:

I don't get how people have so many crash reports on this game. I haven't had one single crash since I started playing in 2015, the only times I had problems and was forced out of battles were because of internet connection problems and that has nothing to do with the game or the team. If I were punished for losing my internet connection and other 11 players lost a battle because of me, I'd happily accept a punishment for it -- they're not getting those 20 minutes back and have the right to be upset at me even if I'm not directly responsible for what happened.

On the surprising amounts of claims that people crash all the time in this game, I have no sympathy for those. I never experience said problems at all, none to this day. Clearly there's something wrong with their rig or equipment or settings and a few battles in co-op might be just the encouragement they need to go look up how to fix the problems that are on their end and prevent them from causing further problems to the people that are on their teams.

It's not just game client crashes, but related technical issues. Some of us live in areas with more inclement weather, typically during the winter (ice) and early spring (thunderstorm w/heavy winds). Are people just not supposed to play when there's a 5% chance of the power going out?

[-PVE-]
Members
129 posts
9,838 battles

Just to add to this discussion, I have been the victim of 3 attacks today. Two of them were careless accidental torps and the third was being shot by teammate intentionally. In each case, I was not killed and damage was less then 7 K but each player turned pink after the attack. They must have really lowered the damage needed to turn pink in this update. Watch your shots, both torps and guns.  

Members
1,082 posts
3,570 battles

From what Ive been reading today, it sounds like ppl are warned or becoming pink for stuff they shouldnt be. CV's shooting their own planes, game crashes and disconnects. That's kind of rendering being pink irrelevant. Yeah sure, you cant prove that some player unplugged his router or something, but does that really matter? Seems a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water to me ...............................

[TNG-2]
Beta Testers
4,294 posts
8,736 battles
1 hour ago, awildseaking said:

It's not just game client crashes, but related technical issues. Some of us live in areas with more inclement weather, typically during the winter (ice) and early spring (thunderstorm w/heavy winds). Are people just not supposed to play when there's a 5% chance of the power going out?

They'll get pink as a warning for it when it happens, but won't be instantly banned to Co-Op if it happens and they just leave for the day. Power goes out, you go pink for 5 games. Next day, you play 5 games when you know the situation is stable and you're out of any danger of going orange. Let's just face it for once, the people who become seriously affected by this unfairly are much fewer than griefers who will be punished for poor conduct.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
19 hours ago, Virginia_Mountainman said:

Get home from work, late at night, all the teenagers and the wife are sound asleep, sit down to play some warships, and the game crashes, and crashes hard as soon as I hit the battle button.... Run the repair program, it finds problems, and corrects them...Load back in...and PINK.... Team Kill penalty applied.....:Smile_facepalm:

Simple because the game crashed .....ONCE.....You really need to work on this, for a single game crash to turn someone pink? What if YOUR GAME crashes again? Will I get banished to Co-Op? I say this as a player with well over 100 ships in port, mostly high tier, and over 7,000 battles.

542cf19b-d8f4-4f01-9e56-ddc8e21c3132.jpg

ROFLMAO 

OhU59te.gif

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
419 posts
2,894 battles

Diddums, your pink. play carefully and you'll stop being pink. Its only if you consistently have problems/do the wrong thing where you'll be stuck in CoOp (which really is not that bad of a thing to happen ~ they could have gone with banning you from the game...)

I don't get get why everyone is terrified of turning pink ~ its not like turning blue in tanks where people get free regin to TK you