You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Virginia_Mountainman

Pink?! For this?!

111 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,657 posts
20,659 battles
16 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

Ignorant as well as pathetic. GG shitlord

He is trolling Custard, just put him on ignore.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,696 posts
12,360 battles

Anyway, the penalties WG are doing to players may get refined but it is what it is till they do that, its a start.

Sure there maybe be some people get caught up being pink, so what, move along, its not the end of the world

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,458 posts
8,447 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah, I know. He always does :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
11 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

True I could do that but that whole comment was really uncalled for.

Beta Testers
2,696 posts
12,360 battles
14 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I wouldn't say I was trolling,  his  initial reply is straight up hostile 

"I wait with baited breath, when this sort of undiluted rubbish, happens too you. See you in co-ops in the near future :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_ohmy::Smile_popcorn:"

Custard is what I would refer to as a lowbrow, I forgive him

Beta Testers
2,696 posts
12,360 battles
30 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

But computer crashes, IP crashes, game crashes should not be punish. It is just silly to punish someone because their internet drops them, and the same old reply of "get a different IP" makes no sense because in many parts of the USA there is only ONE internet provider! 

And people are to quick to judge as well, if you were ask the player base who play randoms,

"are you sick of seeing afk people on your team" the answer would be yes

"are you sick of people quitting in the middle of a match" answer would be yes

"are you sick of people TK on your team" yes

What would you like WG to do about it

a report system, that does nothing

But now we have a prison sentence.  Sure it'll need some adjustment, certain players have been waiting a long time for adjustments on their ships in forever

But it seems the biggest naysayers are most likely the cause of a majority of the AFKers, maybe who knows

I mean, I've turned pink a few times, do I complain, no 

the player base has asked for this, many a forum thread about afk players

WG has responded, are you not happy that WG listened, to what the player base wanted

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,657 posts
20,659 battles
16 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

True I could do that but that whole comment was really uncalled for.

Well if you look at his posts here and on other threads, he seems to like bothering Custard as well as others. I suppose there is a point that you just get tired of taking it and respond to it in kind. Granted just putting trolls on ignore the minute you realize what they are doing is probably best, but sometimes smacking back is not a bad thing.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,114 posts

THERE'S THE PROBLEM....

ORANGE SHOULD BE THE WARNING...

PINK SHOULD REMAIN THE PENALTY...

And there shall be great wailing and gnashing of teeth over this.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,696 posts
12,360 battles
48 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well if you look at his posts here and on other threads, he seems to like bothering Custard as well as others. I suppose there is a point that you just get tired of taking it and respond to it in kind. Granted just putting trolls on ignore the minute you realize what they are doing is probably best, but sometimes smacking back is not a bad thing.

You call me a troll but what you call trolling is simply a difference of opinion, if you look at the first post of custards you would see hostility in his post, no added content, people say its trolling when they're not agreeing with you, I'm sorry but if you look at a topic and you disagree you are allowed to say so.

Like I have said, the biggest complainers about this punishment system, are most likely the ones who leave their team 1 player short

WG should be thanked for introducing a system the player base has wanted for some time

Members
484 posts
2,949 battles
1 hour ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

But computer crashes, IP crashes, game crashes should not be punish. It is just silly to punish someone because their internet drops them, and the same old reply of "get a different IP" makes no sense because in many parts of the USA there is only ONE internet provider! 

I think there are quite a few where I live, but only one is efficient to any degree and in a battle, I was disconnected because Wi-Fi went out for more or less the entire tri-state area! Getting a new computer isn’t an option if one is a minor, is busy paying for their studies, or has crappy Wi-Fi outside of their control, which getting a new computer won’t solve (we hate you too Spektrum). I have been disconnected multiple times in a single battle with over 50Mb/s (mb is millibits), and have no problem with 1/5 the connection power, some of it is WG, some of it is Spektrum, and some of it is my computer (and only the parts I cannot control without money).

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
8 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Like I have said, the biggest complainers about this punishment system, are most likely the ones who leave their team 1 player short

WG should be thanked for introducing a system the player base has wanted for some time

Well as one of the complainers I assure you I fight with my team IF they act as a Team, and I do not log off a game - Co-Op or Random until I win or I am sunk period. As USN Veteran I strongly believe it not giving up the ship.

I have faced, in random, in my HSF Graf Spee 1 vs. 3 odds against Battleships, did I go head to head with them? NO that would be stupid for any Cruiser, I would use the terrain duck in and out shoot and fire torpedoes at them, I still lost but I hurt one of them.

Beta Testers
2,696 posts
12,360 battles
2 minutes ago, GabeTheDespot said:

I think there are quite a few where I live, but only one is efficient to any degree and in a battle, I was disconnected because Wi-Fi went out for more or less the entire tri-state area! Getting a new computer isn’t an option if one is a minor, is busy paying for their studies, or has crappy Wi-Fi outside of their control, which getting a new computer won’t solve (we hate you too Spektrum). I have been disconnected multiple times in a single battle with over 50Mb/s (mb is millibits), and have no problem with 1/5 the connection power, some of it is WG, some of it is Spektrum, and some of it is my computer (and only the parts I cannot control without money).

I feel your pain, as I lived on an island with nothing more than dial speed for 14 months, if people have these issues, are they're doing themselves an injustice by trying to play an online game that is pvp. 

Now if you have quite a few people who have these same issues, it adds up to quite a few afk players, and wouldn't you think, that it's unfair for the others on your team.

Now for anyone who says NO, the standard response to this is, co op prison, simply cause you don't care

[4TAC]
Members
947 posts
4,334 battles
4 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

if they're not there to start with, they're not there to quit, so it kind of goes hand in hand.

People are forgetting this simple thing, people go afk fair enough, for whatever reason, but their team is now 11 v 12, the other 11 may never experience dc of go afk and they're annoyed at the afk player, enough people make a noise, wallah, a penalty system is now in place for those afk/tk

This is true, but one might argue the fact that the player base was/is divided by this new collab,and previous things to do with anime, does it make people quit, I doubt it

(anime is for reference only, and has nothing to do with this thread)

3 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

A bit confused, if orange is the new pink, if you are pink and cause team damage does that increase your "penalty time"? Being pink in the old system was no big deal, you just played your penalty out without causing team damage and you were golden. If a pink player now causes team damage now, does that increase his penalty time? The way I read it is that the old pink penalty is the same with the exception that you can turn pink for leaving a game or being "afk" as well as a TK. The only thing orange does is force you into Co-op. Most players used to go into PvE play to work off a pink since the games are quick and with fewer team mates, there were fewer ships to bump into. IMHO people are upset because now they have the same old penalties of being pink applied to a disconnect that may or may not be their fault. Not hard to understand why they are upset whether you agree with them or not.

Herein lies a problem.  A person who goes pink now has to be super careful their next few Pink penalty games.  Well the quickest way to ditch that and avoid compounding the problem is to immediately go Leroy/Yolo charge alone those pink games so  you avoid running into anyone or some stray shot hits somebody compounding this pink business much worse .   But  by dying so quick or out somewhere fighting unsupported , basically makes those games quickly  11vs12 as a pink player really can't stay close to friendly's .Within one hour of this new update- I clipped a friendly CA with a torp and got a two game pink penalty. I  charged and died real quick in both (up the two brother's channel in one , other I forget) just to get rid off the penalty, by doing so I did not help my team as much as I could/should have. So being and seeing pinks is going to have a negative effect on the game some, potentially alienating not only the pinks but the people stuck with getting one on their team.

Edited by Strachwitz666
  • Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,836 posts
12,428 battles

I see it has started...  Can one of the Mods just pin one of these complaint threads so we don't have a million of them by Monday.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,657 posts
20,659 battles
15 minutes ago, GabeTheDespot said:

The people defending the change will probably say something like you need to fix your stuff or get better service. IMHO they are just num nuts without a clue. The issue is with Wargaming, they have the data to track afk players or serial teamkillers and yet do not. It is a failure on their part not to take individual action and just utilize a blanket penalty. If they find a player with lots of afk games, they can contact them to find out what the problem is and help resolve it (if appropriate). For serial teamkillers they could ban them for their behavior. The "zero tolerance" policies that seem to infect modern society are the actions of those with no clue how to properly address the problems and have no knowledge on how to fix them. It is pathetic.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,696 posts
12,360 battles
1 minute ago, Strachwitz666 said:

Herein lies a problem.  A person who goes pink now has to be super careful their next few Pink penalty games.  Well the quickest way to ditch that and avoid compounding the problem is to immediately go Leroy/Yolo charge alone those pink games so  you avoid running into anyone or some stray shot hits somebody compounding this pink business much worse .   But  by dying so quick or out somewhere fighting unsupported , basically makes those games quickly  11vs12 as a pink player really can't stay close to friendly's . I clipped a friendly CA with a trop and got a two game pink penalty. I  charged and died real quick in both (up the two brother's channel in one , other I forget) just to get rid off the penalty, by doing so I did not help my team as much as I could/should have. So being and seeing pinks is going to have a negative effect on the game some, potentially alienating not only the pinks but the people stuck with getting one.

I see what your saying, but what I have seen in game with people who are pink, some say straight up it was an accident and don't worry, a lot fight like hell and are careful with how they go about it.

If a player wants to charge up the middle of two brothers and die in blaze of glory, we can't stop them from doing that.

I believe you underestimate people and their reasons why they are pink and there efforts in a new game

6 minutes ago, Strachwitz666 said:

I  charged and died real quick in both (up the two brother's channel in one , other I forget) just to get rid off the penalty, by doing so I did not help my team as much as I could/should have

That was your choice to do so, and by worrying about your own status of being pink, you let down your team no one else

[WARGS]
Members
252 posts
1,086 battles
4 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:
5 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

And I was waiting for the first of the co op prison threads to start, the woah's me threads, WG forums are a real source of entertainment

Pretty sure it's "woe is me"

Beta Testers
2,696 posts
12,360 battles
1 minute ago, ArgosRising said:

Pretty sure it's "woe is me"

I was actually thinking of "Noah" at the time but yes you are correct ty

[4TAC]
Members
947 posts
4,334 battles
6 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

That was your choice to do so, and by worrying about your own status of being pink, you let down your team no one else

You realize that is exactly what I was identifying as one of the problems with this new system

Beta Testers
2,696 posts
12,360 battles
1 minute ago, Strachwitz666 said:

You realize that is exactly what I was identifying as one of the problems with this new system

But that is how you play the game, as I said I've seen many pink players fight like hell watching what they were doing to get rid of the pink status, just because people people turn pink doesn't mean they will throw away a game 

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
6 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Game program, or your computer as a whole, if its computer thats on you, if its the game program thats still on you, as after updates it pays to verify your files and do a clean up before playing.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for and there will be a lot of others with the same complaint, but in the eyes of the players you were afk and contributed nothing to the match, crash or not

You’re dead wrong. The intent was to punish people who INTENTIONAL quit before the match ends, not someone who has a crash or disconnection. 

Edited by SavageTactical

Beta Testers
2,696 posts
12,360 battles
4 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

You’re dead wrong. The intent was to punish people who INTENTIONAL quit before the match ends, not someone who has a crash or disconnection. 

Please read this 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/anti-abuse-system/

this is the first paragraph,

The new system is more nuanced and enables us to determine the degree of a player's guilt more accurately, adjusting the penalties accordingly. As before, the status of players directly depends on their actions in battle and is shown by the color of the nickname.

When a user violates the rules, is "AFK" in battle, or attacks allies, the system first simply prompts such players to think about their behavior and start playing fairly, while the player's nickname turns pink. The warning itself contains information about what the player was punished for.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
3 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

I am alive right. It's not only to punish intentional quitters, but intentional AFKers.

If you should happen to be caught up in this repeatedly I suggest you look at the picture I posted above.. and fix. your. stuff.

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

WG has responded, are you not happy that WG listened, to what the player base wanted

I fully understand that SOME of the player base wanted this, BUT there is also a large group that does not. But unless a Mod tells to stop posting about this subject, we are fully permitted to keep voicing our opinions.

Plus what I disagree with is the following: that the players who have equipment issues are being held to the same level as someone who logs out of a battle because their team is losing there is a HUGE difference between the two.

This whole idea was not thought out very well, and it is very much a sledgehammer being used on a egg - Yes it will open the egg, but you are not going to have much afterwards!